RSTL Mag - Elite Eight/ New Champ on Horizen

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tha Talent, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

RSTL Mag
    Tournament and League overview

Intro
    sorry this wasn't up yesterday, but here you go...no soapbox because i have nothing major to talk about, other than the articles.

Pocket Nines Rearing For Final Four
    Nique and Pestilence entered the tournament as nine seeds, still alive

Nique and Pestilence are nine seeds for different reasons. Let's get that out of the way first. Nique had never accomplished very much in the RSTL. She went 5-1, which is certainly respectable, but her writing was not very polished, and she hadn't blown anyone's socks off. Thus a respectable nine seed.
    Pestilence came in under an alias that i had only read two verses from, Ashen Horse. He displayed his skill for the art of abstract writing well, but i was not certain of his versatility and i had no clue who he was. Thus the nine seed based on talent.
    Both of them are going to be much higher seeds next time we have a tournament, should they chose to join. They've managed to beat the odds, and bring themselves through all the way to the Elite Eight of this tournament. Nique now faces a determined yet split Vadik, who will have to concentrate his energies on both winning the league title and staying alive in the tournament. Pestilence, on the other hand, gets to face a scrub like me. These two have brought semi-Cinderella stories to the tournament, but both are very dangerous, and I would not be surprised if they both advance.

A Tale of Two Men
    Trap and Vadik square off, and one will win his first title

The names Trap and Vadik are well known around the internet. Very well known.
    Trap has been in text crews with everyone from ex-text GOD and current rising member of the underground rap scene, Sankofa, to RMC resident moniker king Demik. He's an RBL mod. He's moderated the Prowlers Open Mic forum. He's done nearly everything that a netcee could want to do................except win an RSTL title.
    It's not for lack of trying. He squared off against Desenuts earlier this year in a title match, and he later faced Richard Corey. Both resulted in losses. But Trap is an open mic/topical legend, and he's found his chance here.
    Vadik is also well known. He's been dubbed as Fracture's Yes-Man, but recently defeated Frac in a battle tournament. The Crazy Dutchman is a student of English literature, and it shows in his verses. He's a natural storyteller who is developing an knack for topicals. Still though, no title, despite also having several attempts, including a memorable and historic RSTL Title Match 4-Way with then-champ Peril-Eyes, then-undefeated Infinite Truth, and RSTL legend Antagon, one which Truth won.
    These two guys are currently arguably the best RSTL members ever that haven't had their name enshrined in the Hall of Champions (shouts to Cigma as well). That's all about to change.. Who will it be?​
    test
  2. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

Talent's Top Ten

10. Dicenyaeye - Tournament
    ...as we faced off for the second straight week, after last weeks tie, Dic didn't manage to get a vote this time...but don't hold that against him at all...he's a great writer who still does have a little work to go in terms of polishing, but he can definitely write...and his flow is nice, and he showed his skill well this week.

9. Trap
    ...though he's been slacking off a little recently, trap's verse against atreyu was probably the best he's dropped for the RSTL in a few weeks...though there were some errors that would bother Anaphora, he managed to bring an original spin on the topic of 9/11 and he offered good perspective...a little irony as well...good job.

8. Ssenlli - Tournament
    ...honestly, Ssenlli needs to put this much effort in more often...though he very often goes with the standard RSTL style "setup the twist" approach, and he's very good at it, this week he brought an emotional verse from a different view point that showcased originality and pure writing skill...i'm very impressed...this is what made him a legend.

7. 6ft Deep
    ...he's been on a tear against long and drawn out stories, stories that i love, but i don't believe in holding things against someone...6ft Deep's verse this week was especially well worded...his writers voice was cynical and biting, as he exposed the nature of humanity and unfolded a great verse on the topic of grapes of wrath...short and strong, very good verse.

6. Cereal Killer - Tournament
    ...this is the best verse i've read from Cereal in a while, possibly ever...he really put his sadistic creativity to good use...he also dropped some knowledge on the chemicals used in lethal injection, which added an edge to his verse...and he brought an incredible amount of emotion to the table, with a very nice story...great job.

5. Nique - Tournament
    ...when i first read Nique's verse, i was blown away...it was one of the first that i read this past week, and at that time i realized that this tournament would be very interesting, because people were really showing and proving their abilities...the lady of the tournament brought a verse filled with images and laid out an anti-social values verse that really brought the message across...great job...in a normal week, this would be higher.

4. MC4Sight - Tournament
    ...i've seen a lot of people calling MC4Sight the favorite to win it all...i'm not going to comment, but i can completely understand the logic...his verse this week was incredible...he brought together a great concept, and pulled it off very smoothly...it was sort of twist-like, but he made it not seem corny at all, infact, it added to the verse...and the writing was, of course, incredible...great job.

3. Ashen Horse - Tournament
    ...pestilence has been around for a while, and he's been a great writer for a while...here is a guy that knows how to write...he has brought some very abstract verses to the RSTL, but this week he chose a more traditional drinking story...it wasn't the story that won me over, it was the writing...the writer's voice was fantastic, and the presentation was outstanding...he brought his idea together beautifully with his use of drunken speech progressing as the character got drunker and drunker...well done.

2. Infinite Truth - Tournament
    ...i believe i've already stated that Infinite Truth is my favorite to win the tournament...he's the only #1 seed still alive, and he'd love to add 6 wins to his record, and get to be in a three way with Corey and Omen for a cash prize and serious recognition...Truth can profoundly impact me with his verses...he gets me thinking, and his polished use of poetic devices only adds to the picture...this week, his detailed descriptions won me over yet again...and the scary part is, so far this tournament, he hasn't even had to bring out his best storylines.

1. Omen
    ...Omen is Omen...the guy has won literally the last 19 battles he's been involved in...his style of writing is so unique and so great...i love him...he's gotta go down as one of the five greatest, if not higher...this verse is just a manifestation of it all...go read it.​
    test
  3. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

A League of His Own
    Formal Logic speaks to Ed Lake about the Tournament, League, and RBL

Edward Lake: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome Formal Logic to the RSTL Hot Seat. Here's your drink. Aight, first question, have you been following the RSTL league and tourney lately?
    Formal Logic: Yes and no. Ive read battles that I know Id like, but havent really taken a look at other much lately. Im a busy man!
    Edward Lake: What battles have you been reading?
    Formal Logic: Well, Ive taken a look at Trap, Anaphora, Talent, Khoi, & yours for the most part. I dont necessarly read the whole battle, more like read verses.
    Edward Lake: Aight. So far a few big names have fallen in the tourney. L Dogg's gone, Tek's gone, Dahlohner and Corey are gone...Out of those who are still here, who have the biggest chance to take it?
    Formal Logic: Personally I think Talent, and Anaphora will be in the finals. And I see Anaphora pulling it out in the end. BUT, you (Mr Lake) have a very good chance, as does MC4Sight. Its hard to just choose one to take it,
    anyone one of you can write like none other. So its really who wants it the most.
    Edward Lake: Either way, it's most definitely an interesting tournament. But why did you noshow?
    Formal Logic: Its really a mix of things. One I was in the mood to party, haha, and well few people came over, and I got caught up, but its more along the lines of me just having that block. I think I havent found my niche yet,
    and I go back and question myself everytime I write. So I thought why show aganist 4Sight, who's heavily favored. I just need the motivation too. For some reason Ive lost it lately.
    Edward Lake: This week you're up against Tekneek. And Tek is, well...Tek. I know you got some comments on that..
    Formal Logic: Hahaha! Well I mean as you said, Tek is Tek. Thing is you cant ever over look him no matter how good you are. He's very much like me. He needs the motivation/inspiration to write at his best. And thing is you
    never know with him where he gets both of those. Though he can be a little nerdy, and well just exaggerated about the RSTL, he's a very passionate writer, just like me. So yes he can be the end of most our jokes, but he
    real is no joke.
    Edward Lake: Having lost to him once, I can agree with that. What do you think of his proposals concering line limit and poetic writing? If you didn't know, he wants the line limit to be 24 lines max, and move the poetic writers like Inf Truth to the Poetry forum.
    Formal Logic: I think that's all just nonsense. We are writers. Writers that put their emotions into hip hop. Poetry is hip hop. You cant distinguish whats story telling and whats poetry. Because to one person it may be one thing, but the next make think other wise. As long as we're writing, and they're not battles, everyone should be able to stay in the RSTL. As for the line limit. There's no way in hell anyone could write a solid story in 24
    lines
    Edward Lake: I fully agree with you. Last RSTL question before we talk about the RBL. It's me vs. Trap for the title this week. Whoever wins, it'll be the first belt for one of us. Comments? And why did you pick Trap as
    favorite over me?
    Formal Logic: Well first Id like to say congrats to who ever wins, both of you deserve to win it. And well I think I picked him, because Ive always enjoyed he's writing. The man has great emotion when he writes, but you are also a very fluid writer. You can stories, with the likes of RC, and such. Im not sure really why I picked him. I think its cause his name was on top really. I just look forward to this battle, simple as that.
    Edward Lake: Good answer, lol. Well we're at the dawn of another tourney, the RBL tourney. The second tourney since the site got hacked. Who are your favorites for this one?
    Formal Logic: Seriously. I dont even know. There's 64 very qualified people in this tourney. But as many would say, you have to put Scientz, I.Deal, Island, & Numskull up top. But I wont be suprised to see some upsets from
    top to bottom.
    Edward Lake: True that. It looks interesting. Anything you want to say to the competitors?
    Formal Logic: Goodluck. Haha, seriously though. This wont be an easy win for anyone.
    Edward Lake: Word. Okay, let's play the inevitable word association game..
    Formal Logic: No, ask me more questions
    Formal Logic: Haha!
    Edward Lake: *throws glass of water in your face* I call the shots here bitch... and I ran outta questions.
    Formal Logic: Oh
    Edward Lake: Tha Talent.
    Formal Logic: The man
    Edward Lake: Infinite Truth
    Formal Logic: Umm, top 10
    Edward Lake: Jar of cookies.
    Formal Logic: Milk on Macs lips
    Edward Lake: Cubicle.
    Formal Logic: Where I dont ever want to be.
    Edward Lake: Surprised that you didn't say Tek. LOL. Anyway, that was the
    interview...Thanks for playing. This is E. Lake, holla atcha boi.
    Formal Logic: Wordness, Pea's man.

Outro
    thanks Vad, good luck to everyone, keep voting, and peace.​
    test
  4. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

nice mag T, good read
    test
  5. Mac Flow

Mac Flow Die

good stuff y'all
    test
  6. TRAP.

TRAP. i'm soo old school.

yay.

I .. MUST .. WIN!

bwahahaha.
    test
  7. pestilence

pestilence now believes he's hyphy.

uh oh talent... you are doin it to yourself ... movin me up every week... lol... I'm going to be at 1 soon
    test
  8. Kaybi

Kaybi Guest

u no.. nevamind
    test
  9. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

Good Mag Talent... and nice lil interview with Formal..

Thanks for number 1... I enjoy seeing it there lol..

nah suprised me actually
    test
  10. wtf...not in the top 10.

im mad now.
    test
  11. General Concrete

General Concrete the infamous

in the RBL I always got the upper hand on numbers with reguards to this name

how hard was it to make me 6th rather than 7th huh?

you've gone and ruined a great tradition

hahaha

nice work Talent, I liked it

peace
    test
  12. FórmÅl LôGíc

FórmÅl LôGíc Black Listed

test
  13. MC4SiGHT

MC4SiGHT JOE COMMiSSO

HOLY SHIT lol #4....that's like the most rushed verse i've wrote in a long time...i thought it sucked lol

thanks for the #4 tho.

good luck to ana
    test
  14. headless verseman

headless verseman JERSEY NUCCUH

how the fuck u not even gonna mention me

shit, i beat one of the two people you focused on, lol
    test
  15. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

i love you headless

:-D
    test
  16. ..and the other beat you, lol.
    test
  17. dicnyaeye

dicnyaeye Guest

Thanks for the #10 spot Talent. yeah, I fell off last week cuz I had to post against you in the tourney and L-dogg in the rstl, but no excuses. I just let the pressure get to me and didn't perform my best

thanks for mention and I'm working on those rough edges in my writing style.
    test
  18. headless verseman

headless verseman JERSEY NUCCUH

u didnt beat me
    test
  19. Half 'n Half

Half 'n Half :.Street Ghetto Essence.:

word, good shit- i'm dropping.
    test
  20. UneekTestimony

UneekTestimony New Member

You feel like Nas before he dropped Ether? Um, alright. ANd I finally got Love? Good. Thanks. Nice Mag.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.