RSTL Mag - 9/7/04 short edition

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tha Talent, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

The New Tribune
    A Tha Talent Production

Table of Contents
    --INTRO--
    --SOAPBOX--
    --THE AUTHOR ON WRITING--
    --TALENT'S TOP TEN--
    --OUTRO--

Intro
    hey, what's up...short mag, a longer one got deleted, so, sorry but fuck computers.

Soapbox
    fuck it, let's be very brief...Mac's still champ...bunch of dope undefeated records are in the league, pay attention to them...personally, i think voting needs to increase, but other than that i'm happy with the way my first few weeks have been...Atheist gets a chance to win one, finally...30-10 is a big record...good luck to him with that...read on.

The Author On Writing
    Omen Speaks on Inspiration..

So, you've been regularly posting at web sites and reading what everyone else is writing! But what you'd really like to do, is get your own hands dirty: Grovel around in the fertile soil of your imagination and grow a little verse of your own. Tell everyone more about what you really think! Well, nothing could be easier. Honestly! Let's start with the basics and toss in a few of those other little details that make someone's writing more user friendly to readers. Take a look at your hand. What is it made of? Nails, skin, knuckles, lines, freckles, muscle, blood and a myriad of other things too numerous to mention here. Layer upon layer, wrapped around and attached to bones: Your skeleton. In fact, without your skeleton, you'd be a great gluggy glob of undefined humanity. unable to achieve anything beyond sitting somewhere. And thinking. The same is true of an article. Every article has a structure or skeleton, if you will. There's something magical about writing a RSTL verse. No matter how many verses you write, you're still amazed and a little awestruck that you wrote it at all. A verse can express emotion in ways no other form of communication can, and it can lead you to an inner landscape of rare beauty. These fellow RSTL members express what gives them the motivation to write.

Infinite Truth
    inspiration, more than anything
    60% inspiration
    40% creativity

Malosovich
    Imagry:- use of similes, metaphores, personification, assonance
    Plot/message:- The main part is to keep it interesting, dont fall into the stupid idea a twist is the life and sole of a story. No matter what feed back youve got, a twist is a choice, your plot or point is more important,
    its tireing seeing people drivel for 89 bars till they reach their twist...
    Rhyming:- Keep it short and remember its a rhyme.... Teading it back as a rap gives ytour verse so much more if people can rap it back to themselves
    Language/grammar- the thing with this is the line. Seeing base langue is boring and you could leave the reader feeling reduant. The other had is using too much, and words that dont make sense hen put together... Thats the worst thing this league has... something you do that annoys me at times in the past..

MadPoet
    well it has to have a point, not just ballin or bitches, A concept. I focus more on audio and that means flow and sound.

T-West
    everything around me
    From the bus rides to skool...to the kids playin' outside in parks to the food that I eat
    Everything is symbolic...u just have to look for it. I guess that's where my believe in "a higher power" comes into place...It allows me to see....what one person see's as nothing, at a symbollic value. hehe I guess...perhaps it's just the way I was brought up too. Never really did a lot of reading...but a lot of exploring on my own. ep, just don't limit yourself. Boundaries of the mind are only as confined as you make em' Though perfection doesn't exist in reality...still gotta push for it

Talent
    i enjoy it
    i feel writing a piece gives me a small sense of accomplishment, and releases my feelings through a positive medium

Magus
    i only do better to beat people..or to prove something.. that's my inspiration

See life is full of reasons. Each bringing a different view to a person. As you can see, every one of these writers has a different reason for what
    makes them write. I guess the biggest question we can ask in life is : "Why do we do anything that we do?" So I implore you to ask yourself : "why do I write?" Oh and also say that, "Talent is the sexiest man alive and Mac has the cutest tits you'll ever see." O luhs ya guys

Talent's (Fly By) Top Ten
    Doin' It Quickie-Style

10. T-West...
    ...new kid really rocked hard, good story that was pretty well written with a nice flow...Dah called it boring, but i'll have to differ.

9. TRAP...
    ...trap's verse wasn't as good as a lot of his in the past, but his concept was fresh and it made for a good story...enjoyable read.

8. dicenyaeye...
    ...one of the more intriguing concepts worked with, dicenyaeye took a very good look at the idea of blind love, if you would call it that.

7. Jowelz...
    ...jowelz is just the man when it comes to comedy, especially political satire...he's mastered the art, not much more to say.

6. Erykah Caine...
    ...just killed it with a brilliant narrative...very well written and very well developed characters in a good overall story...best verse from her in a while.

5. doYen...
    ...now 10-0, doy really took this to a high level with his brilliant storytelling, and made a somewhat corny plot into a great story.

4. Richard Corey...
    ...though he lost to doYen, Corey came in with fire in a verse about Greek mythology...some people didn't get it, but i did, and i loved it.

3. Edward Lake...
    ...Eddy really came hard this past week, with a touching story that i really think you should all read...gives a lot of perspective

2. Awedishin...
    ...Mac beat me, and you know what, he deserved it...great concept and very well told...almost top verse, but narrowly beat out...great job.

1. Atheist...
    ...this being the quick version, i'll just say this...Ath is a natural storyteller, and he really put all his skills to good use this week.

Outro
    next week you get a full mag, to go along with your new champ;-)...haha...love ya mac.​
    test
  2. Mac Flow

Mac Flow Die

word....well we'll see. Nice short version

thanks for #2.....I've been doing pretty damn well lately lol, and I don't really know why. I have bronchitis now, and feel like utter shit so maybe Atheist will beat me...I don't think I could sit and type out a whole story the way I feel now. Anywho...good luck to all
    test
  3. Mac Flow

Mac Flow Die

oh, and yes Omen, I do have lovely tits

haha
    test
  4. Simple Simon

Simple Simon Soy Un Menso

thnx for redoing the mag.. i know i wouldnt have..

*Thumbs Up*
    test
  5. FórmÅl LôGíc

FórmÅl LôGíc Black Listed

And Ill be back soon... muuhhhaaahhaa!
    test
  6. Atreyu

Atreyu New Member

fuck didnt i make this mag
    test
  7. Atreyu

Atreyu New Member

fucc this gay ass shit cuz
    test
  8. DahLohner

DahLohner Straight Up Un-Holy

What? NO Top ten verse for me this week?

U gotta be kiddding me..

I Dropped PURO FUEGO, Holmes!@!@

IMOUT
    test
  9. Wooohoooo, #3!

*jumps around in rectangles*

Nice shit.
    test
  10. Atheist

Atheist Storyteller

wow #1 ???

thanks a million.
    test
  11. yo momma

yo momma New Member

Lyrically hansome, go collect the kids ransom, fucking the ranks up from the back so you bitches cant front...
    test
  12. P i n n a c l e

P i n n a c l e sucks frog penis

lol @ yo momma saying assonance come under imagery
    test
  13. Verse4tile

Verse4tile ~*U.S*~

athiest is lucky i didn't drop.....

congrats to his #1 verse tho.
    test
  14. Atheist

Atheist Storyteller