RSTL Mag - 9/21/04

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tha Talent, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

The New Tribune
    A Tha Talent Production

Table of Contents
    --INTRO--
    --SOAPBOX--
    --A GRAND FINALE--
    --TALENT'S TOP TEN--
    --ONE'S TO WATCH--
    --OUTRO--

Intro
    fun week in store, and tournament around the corner...you'll want to read on.

Soapbox
    So the tournament is on a lot of minds, i'm sure...it's big news...the last one was won by Omen, and the previous tournament was a Tournament of Champions, won by Richard Corey...those two legends have earned their way into the 2004 Champ of Champs 3-Way battle for best tournament competitor of 2004...the question now looms, who will be the third wheel...or will one of those fuckers win another tournament, making it a two way...anyway, the league will shut down for the first two rounds of the tournament, sorry folks...so sign up and make sure you win at LEAST round one...let's make it a classic.

Grand Finale
    Vern Acular Leaves Us
    by Tekneek

For those that do not know who the true identity of DOYEN is? let me break it down for you. He is probably on paper the best ever in the RSTL? he's locked it once more ? despite that a NS title win from ATHEIST this week was lackluster as it gets in the final outcome? but no matter how its done, the end remains official? DOYEN aka VERN-ACULAR exposes his true colors and at the last moment before his leave of the RSTL, he wins.

Mr. VERNACULAR? Mr. RSTL 7x? Mr. Champion-1-Last-Time. --- It's difficult to hate this guy. He's done the moderating? he's done the competing? and he's done the slaying? taking out opponent each week? you gotta love him. If anyone inspires with accomplishments? its VERN. But the guy didn't have to disguise his name or make an alias? what point is to prove with that? ? He does nothing but wins almost on every occasion. And the voters in the RSTL are pretty much honest and very legit with what they comment on without the use of riding VERN. I just gotta say that as his farewell to bootcamp *I believe* I personally just want to say congratulations to the man and may all the things he do in his future stay light before him.

With his leave, and with the coming 64 man tournament that's been rumored, we can definitely feel relieved that VERN's presence would be absent... subtracting one deadly writer in the competition? just hope that he doesn't have change of plans in which he WILL participate, otherwise whoever faces him during the run would be most likely assed out in the competition.

In conclusion, VERN is now Mr. RSTL? but with the Richard Corey's? the Trap's? the Talent's? etc, just how long will his seat in the throne remain hold? --- There are 8-11 good writers now this week in the league who are on the verge of total greatness? so to see VERN remain in the RSTL would be a mountainous climb to complete dominance? but with his leave? maybe someone can take over and lay VERN in the shadows.. but that time is too distant. --- VERN shines now and shows us again why he is the champion of the RSTL.​
    test
  2. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

Talent's Top Ten
    Ten Best Verses of the Week

10. Ashen Horse...
    ...though very abstract, this guy has an enjoyable style...he took an elaborate look at the topic of Fallen Angel...very original look...he reminds me a lot of Judge da Dacypal...not implying an alias cover, but that's who he writes most like...a lot of poetry and energy to his word choice...watch out.

9. Atreyu...
    ...though he's a cocky ass, Atreyu is by no means a bad writer...he's actually one of the better writers in the league, and he's earned the #9 ranking that i'm sure he'll flaunt...though he very often makes his verses overly jargon-filled and technical, he had a good verse...his flow is nice and his unusual stories keep my intrest...he does need some polish in word choice, but he's a quality writer.

8. dicenyaeye...
    ...though it's amazing that he's 8-0, dicenyaeye is by no means a slouch...he's constantly improved, and his verse this week really shows that...Noib no showed, but dic's verse about a Korean slum child was very original and well told...he's got a very strong narrative style to him, and he also brings a hint of poetry with his word choice...good writer, good verse.

7. Richard Corey...
    ...some will tell me this is too low for Richard, but i think this is the fair spot...Corey came with a great story, in any respects...though it wasn't his best effort, and Dah squeaked by with a win, Core gave us an enjoyable read...he showed innocence and the way innocence reacts to the cold world all around us...very nice story, a little reminiscent of the one Atheist told last week.

6. DahLohner...
    ...Dah is a very intelligent guy...no question about that...and his writing is at it's best when he lets that intelligence show...he burned up the flow chart last week, while telling us why he writes in a very unique and personal form...he let out a lot of energy and emotion, and the flow only upped the ante...strong, skillfully laid out topical...a little more development is all i would ask.

5. Tekneek...
    ...it is suprising that a veteran of the standing of Tek has yet to find true consistancy...he flashes brilliance but just as much flashes mediocricy or worse...however, this week, Tek came full throttle...this is the Tekneek we want to see...he wrote a great story on living in a Korean slum...joining the army...moving on...etc...very well done verse and very well written...give us more of this, Tek.

4. U S E R...
    ...though he's known as a battle head, i honestly feel User is a better topical writer than battler...even including pic battling...this guy can flat out write...he's great at writing sappy love pieces, and that's what he did this week...his flow is outrageous and his word choice is very polished for a guy who primarily is known for battling...his concept about the death of love was very deep and well portrayed...great battle between him and tek, shame he took the loss.

3. Author NYSE...
    ...he's back, and he's on the fast track again...now in the championship match, against Vern this week, last week Omen breezed through Yo Momma...though he's still a little rusty in rhyme scheme, Omen came with a great verse...very poetic, as everyone expected...he owns his style and he proved it again...his content very often gets overshadowed, but he had a great concept...and a great verse.

2. doYen...
    ...once again on a very personal tip, vern allowed the concept of why he write to really fill his verse...it was definitely the best verse on that topic this week, no offense to Dah...he brought a lot of dimensions and the personalization that both he and Dah brought out strengthened his verse...i liked how he took this from a netcee perspective...he wasn't try to fake the funk...straight and narrow or your soul gets cast, as Slick said...great verse.

1. Infinite Truth...
    ...this guy is amazing...just go read the verse...the way he collects his narrative and allows it to unfold through broken images and abstract pictures...yet in the end, his stories are all so well developed and very deep and emotional...just a great writer and this is one of his best pieces.

Ones to Watch
    The Up-N-Comers

• Man on Fire - he says he's here to take us by storm, and his 4 line verse was FLAMES...let's see what he does with a full story
    • Ashen Horse - check the top 10, he's got a very abstract style but seems to be a mature writer
    • Foxley King - so everyone knows he's an alias...the question is, who?
    • Ed Lake - watch out for him in the tournament, he's ready
    • dicenyaeye - when will this guy lose?
    • doYen - Vern will be writing his last verse for a while this week...what kinda classic will he be dropping?
    • Infinite Truth - my pick to win the tournament

Outro
    props to tekneek...props to vern for winning another championship...and props to everyone who entered the tournament.​
    test
  3. Mac Flow

Mac Flow Die

word dope mag

I feel left out when I'm not in the mag, I might have to sign back in just to get written about again lol

big ups
    test
  4. Atreyu

Atreyu New Member

test
  5. DahLohner

DahLohner Straight Up Un-Holy

Yup, In my White T
    Yup, In my White T

IMOUT
    test
  6. Nathaniel Legacy

Nathaniel Legacy New Member

Good Mag Talent..

Woooooooooo @ #3...

Gratz to all everyone else in the league for stayin in and showin
    test
  7. TRAP.

TRAP. i'm soo old school.

great mag talent.

and believe me,
    i'm back into form this week.

:cracks knuckles:

=)
    test
  8. doYen

doYen Man Above All

excellent mag...

i appreaciate the acknowledgement tek...

and i WILL drop a gem for you all...
    test
  9. Mac Flow

Mac Flow Die

dont weave us vern

*cries*
    test
  10. MC4SiGHT

MC4SiGHT JOE COMMiSSO

i fuckin knew it ....

i knew it lol....

after i read that one verse from doyen before i left the league i knew it had to be vern.

his style just reminded me of it so much.....
    test
  11. Khôi NguJin

Khôi NguJin faith.hope.love

test
  12. Infinite Truth

Infinite Truth ...scatterboxx rocks.

thx for the props, dawg

congrats to all the rest.

pz.
    test
  13. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

VERN You better come back one day, because i still haven't had a real match against you yet buddy.
    test
  14. I've had THREE. And lost em all. All were mad close though.
    test
  15. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

^good alias concealment
    test
  16. Atheist

Atheist Storyteller

dope diddly.
    test
  17. Mac Flow

Mac Flow Die

haha no doubt
    test
  18. Anaphora

Anaphora was here

So the 64 person match is going to shut down the league after this week?
    test
  19. Mac Flow

Mac Flow Die

yeah for a couple of weeks it'll be shut down for the tourney
    test
  20. Neologism

Neologism New Member

Just so's y'all know, I'm going to be the champion before too long. That's all.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.