RSTL Chronicles (The Mag) 11/21

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by LDogg The King, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

Intro
    CK's Tips to Telling TALES
    The New RSTL - username
    Evolution - Ragu
    Loser of the week
    Outro

Intro

Ok last week was very shitty.. there isnt any way else to put it. I dont see how you guys bitch and moan about the mag not being posted last week, yet cant even show up to your matches. You think us mods want to spend our sunday posting up a mag for you when you cant even have enough respect to show up to your matches? Its pretty pathetic. Now some weeks are just bad, and im hoping next week you people will show up to your matches. We made some changes to the rules for you that will hopfully help you show up...you will get 3 topics to choose from now instead of one.. and the line limit is back up to 60...Ill spend more time making a good mag for you when you can show me you deserve it. Im a college student who needs time for school and needs time to spend with the girl i live with.. I go out of my way to try and help you kids have something enjoyable you can do on the internet. Just show up to your matches if you have signed up for the league.. do that and we will get along much better. Also.. Mac flow has a new job and can no longer work on the rstl.. so he will be replaced with Nebz...

CK's Tips to Telling TALES

:Originality:

Ok there are a lot of people in the RSTL who continue to write basic stories, clichéd stories, stories that have been done time and time again. If you look at the topic and the first idea that reminds you of it, is the one you're going to use …STOP… and …THINK… have you seen this story before? If so think AGAIN because if you have, most likely other people have. The more unique the story the more votes you will get. So if you are 100% convinced your base idea is the one for you, morph it. Change as many little details as you can for example the characters attitude. Instead of being sad through a sad moment make them happy or vice-verser. A neglected child story could be change to a child that rebels on purpose, a teen celebrating her birthday to a teen on the verge of suicide, from a cat stuck in the tree to a kid dared to climb to the top. You're limited only by your imagination.

cereal6killa: :Creativity:

Now I'm not just talking about putting a crazy way to kill someone in your verse, NO I'm talking about the structure itself. The more pleasing it is to look at the easier it is to read. Change colours during different moods or character transitions, leave spaces during moments you want the reader to think, break the lines up so instead of having a 16 syllable line you have 4-8-4 syllable lines. For each type of story try and find a structure that suits the mood to your story, and most importantly think of different ways to tell you're tale. Remember it is your story so make people come into your world, make them see what you want them to see.

cereal6killa:

:Research:

The best work always comes out when you look thoroughly into it. Go on a search engine and check up on your idea you will often find it leads to bigger and better ideas. If you don't have time for that watch the news, read a news paper, go to the shops and examine how people act and take in mental notes. The more effort you put in, the more realistic your story will be to your audience. I was once told that majority of films that you've seen and disliked have been because you've found them to be unbelievable or unrealistic.

cereal6killa:
    :patience:

Take your god damn time! A good piece of art might take three or four look overs before you get it. I take anywhere from a few hours to a few days. I sit down and write until I get bored and then I just walk away. I would think about the story come back hours-days latter and add more to it and usually those tiny changes are the ones that make the story what it is. I know a lot of people don't have time or can't get access to a computer when they like, so pick up the old pen and pad right before you go to sleep any little bit helps. If you rush your work it will show.

cereal6killa:
    :personalize:

Put your signature to your piece. Own it. This is your work so make sure when people read it they know it's your work. Maybe it's your style of writing, maybe it's the style of stories you tell, maybe it's your structure, maybe it's that you always have a hidden meaning, what ever works best for you use it. Stand out of the crowd.

That's it for now, I'm going to get high and I'll see you all in the league. PZ​
    test
  2. LDogg The King

The New RSTL: A Pro's & Con's Editorial
    By U S E R

There are certain things that make a league great. Competition, the introduction of new ideas, interesting match types, organization, and most importantly - dedication. Now, follow with me for a second, because i listed the things that make a league great; however, i haven't listed the things that make a league bad. Have no fear, tho...i'll get to that ;-)

As i said earlier, competition makes a league great. Now, if we take a look at the RSTL and it's competition level in the past few months, YES it has dropped off, and the league is facing the same slump the RBL's been in for abouuuuuuut a year now off and on. The veterans take their leave of absence for a few months, cuz they're old and need to recharge their creative batteries (which they deserve to some extent...we cant always depend on the skilled to make a league great), and they leave the league in the hands of this new generation. These up & comer's, while talented, seem to lack the finesse of former generations of RSTL writers before them. They seem to not be able to grasp the concept that...with the veterans gone, NOW is their time to step-up. ionno why that's a general school of thought by them, it just fucking is.

and quite frankly.....(yes this is where i stop being proper)...

ITS FUCKING MAKING THE LEAGUE BORING

i swear to god if you cocksucking bottom feeders dont step it up like i know you can, ill go on a fucking road trip to each and every one of your houses, fuck your mothers, and jizz on the side of the pillow you roll over onto when you wake up in the morning.

seriously, wtf...people sit and bitch and moan and cocktease their sisters because they cant get any honest feedback from anybody...and when they get the chance to show off some skill people might have missed before...they're too BUSY cockteasing their fucking sisters to post a verse worth reading because over the course of the past weeks it's become more of a personal hobby for them then verse-writing has. (and sometimes...they flatout dont even post...ill talk about those motherless sons of bitches later).

now...let me digress before i keep ranting on the same subject...i have plenty of other subjects to rant about, and SOME to even give props too.

secondly...we've got the introduction of new ideas that make a league great. now we've all seen the changes L Dogg's made to the league in an HONEST and RESPECTABLE effort to bring more attraction to the RSTL. now some of the ideas, i honestly tend to agree with his reasoning on them, such as the line length issue...it's caused a lot of gay debate threads in hookups and spawned Faggot-Newbie-Opinions board-wide...(you know the Faggot-Newbie-Opinions...its the ones we dont even care about enough to grace with an answer...their the type of opinions found in worthwhile threads, that nobody even looks at because the poster himself...has IN FACT shown hes a faggot-newbie-opnioner in the past...such examples can be found in the following threads...Any Tekneek thread...more than one of Dmetrius' threads...and even a couple of 6Ftdeep's threads...its like those 3 just spawn revolution after revolution of Faggot-Newbie-Opnions...aka FNO's)...however, if we actually look at the facts...people DO tend to actually read and enjoy a verse more if it's somewhat shorter than a highschool novel like the ones in the past. you can argue that all you want, but its a fact...hell, i get more in-depth opinions in my fucking open mics than the champ match usually does, l dogg prolly realized that, and just said fuck it, this shits gotta stop.

then again....he introduced the beat idea...im not gonna be disrespectful and say i dont like it....im gonna be downright fucking mean and say i hate it with a passion that rivals vadik's love of rainbows and other gay things. I'm not gonna say it's a bad idea CONCEPTUALLY...but seriously...have u listened to those beats your linking?...ROFLZ, some of them sound like 6th grade band practice....i mean wtf...i make better beats when i go down a flight of stairs with dress shoes on.

now other than those 2 new introductions....weve also got some new mods....lets all welcome them, give them hugs, kisses, handjobs, and other various sentimental greetings....madpoets gonna do a great job, hes always kept hookups organized...sometimes overly organized, and we hate him for it, but he does his job as always. we also lost Dmetrius as mod... im sure everyones weeping right now, so ill take this moment to offer you all some kleenex...

OK NOW LETS ALL LAUGH AT THEM MODDING SUPER, ROFLFLFLFLFLFLFLFLFLFLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZ....ohhhhh man...no but seriously, super...congratulations... im sure mexico is proud of their prodigal son ...you're officially the first immigrant to mod a rapboard who's never written anything worthwhile, let alone a topical...
    ------------------------------------​
    test
  3. LDogg The King

Evolution by Ragu

With the recent introduction of three championship belts I feel that they bring a little flavor back to the RSTL. The RSTL has always been strong, but it seems like the league as a whole can do a lot better. From the way the matches are presented, to the general format. People appreciate a good product, and this will definitly bring it up a notch. The adding of two new champions gives people something more to strive for. While World Champion is definitly the #1 goal of any writer, there still should be other ways to rank yourself. The United States Championship being the # 2 ranked belt, and Cruiserweight Championship being the #3 ranked belt. The top three ranked people of each week will be givin the belt avy option if they want it. This way the top three will get credit, instead of a single person. For now the belts simply represent ranking nothing more, but as time goes on they might adapt into something even greater. Ideas take time, effort, and an open mind. If you take the time, and really open your mind to things I think you'll enjoy the ideas we are bringing to you. Plus how cool is it to have a belt if you are the top 3 ranked? Come on now, it's much cooler than getting boring ranks, and thats that. I'd much rather see a title graphic under my match than no graphic, nothing interesting, and a bland product. So with that said, I hope everyone in the RSTL keeps an open mind, and really gives this idea a chance. Thank you all.

Loser Of The Week

KAYBI
    yea.. I never seen a person who is more annoying. He must drive his parents crazy, and I really feel sorry for his family. Its people like this who make me want to find your address and hunt you down to kill you.. Its people like this who spread rumors and make others think bad about the league... Its people like this who need to be smacked a few times an then pissed on before they open their mouth... yea, so this guy deserves his reward for this week.. everyone give this jackass a round of applause.

The Leagues Status/ Outro

This league only works if you people make it work... If you see the league turning shitty, that’s because your not doing what you should be doing as members, which is showing up to your fuckin matches. You can sit here and blame the mods all you want but that isnt going to make people show up. You guys need to make an effort if you want this league to work and that’s the bottom line.. Stop the bitching and complaining and do something to help.. The rules are not so significantly different that you cant show up anymore.. that’s just stupid... Im losing interest it trying to help this league. Back when I ran this league with Vern an nebz we didn’t have members crying about things every week.. the league was great and we added some changes to it.. these days all you people do is complain and that doesn’t make the mods want to help you. I hope you people can turn things around because this isn’t why I wanted to help the league.. I don’t need people crying every week. just show up and fuckin vote. Its really easy to do...see you next week. Also, if you want to see top ten verses and shit like that then submit it to my e mail so i can post it in the mag... you guys will soon see the league is only as good as you make it to be....​
    test
  4. Smoke Trail

Smoke Trail Writing My Life

sorry about my no show, my computer crashed
    test
  5. Geh Snot

Geh Snot New Member

test
  6. Super.

Super. New Member

SHIT ON!
    test
  7. rosa

rosa _

nice mag, one of the best so far. I really liked U S E R's segment and the shit with cereal killer too. I agree with a lot of the statements made as well....niceness
    test
  8. Kaybi

Kaybi Guest

test
  9. LDogg The King

test
  10. Kaybi

Kaybi Guest

test
  11. Atreyu

Atreyu New Member

Aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa
    test
  12. Kaybi

Kaybi Guest

*spits on the mag and walks out*
    test
  13. General Concrete

General Concrete the infamous

you shouldn't have added this

and the Pro's and Con's editorial clearly shows the frustrations if its author

whatever you kids may think

I care about RM and I help in the best way I know how

did I show last week?

the week before that?

did you ever see a no-show verse from me when I saw my opponent won't show?

no

I commit

even when I make jokes about the RSTL it's done in a manner which, unfortunately few understand, manipulates the public opinion into SURPRISE! more interest into the RSTL

now I don't knwo what User does, appart from being a witty guy and good writer, but I own a business and i partake in several other ventures, I know what sells

my name in this league sells, don't ride it, but don't disrespect 6ft, as topical writer, or innovator.
    test
  14. yo momma 6th

yo momma 6th New Member

Vote - Me and 6th do mags.

We did ours in about 30 minutes and it shit on any mag with in the past 6 months.

And word @ Kaybi, if you seen his Jewish nose you'd understand why he is such a prick. Dude must get bullied like mad.
    test
  15. rosa

rosa _

Naw, you 2 don't need to do mags...if it's anything like the other mag in hookups then you don't. You had way too many negatives in there, and I'm not saying that b/c i was targeted. The mag is an insentive for the writers to write better, even though it should be a inner desire. when you bash or say so and so is in the Top 10 meaningless lines then it takes away from the league as a whole. I know i always wanted to make the mag back when i watched Vern, Omen, and hell even L Dogg win the titles. And ROFL at 6ft saying you sell, you don't make the league at all....and i bet if you left after this week nobody would really care. Now your a good writer, I'll give you that, but when you say stupid shit like that....YOU LOOK AN ASS. The history makes the RSTL, not 6ft deep...
    test
  16. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

lmfao
    test
  17. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

Oh yeh great mag, nice one user i like the article but you gotta stop telling people to show the less people in here the quicker i can get to the top. :)

pz
    test
  18. Saul Teanuts

Saul Teanuts Lick Me

lmao @ thr Kaybi part, and User's part was good too..
    test
  19. yo momma 6th

yo momma 6th New Member

I love it when people try to school me.

I feel so fucking superiour.
    test
  20. rosa

rosa _

LOL, i wasn't trying to school either of you, and I was mostly referring to 6ft. I was just saying what you two needed to hear...which is one...yo momma topicals aren't all that dope, if you spent as much effort on your verses lately as you do talking shit you'd be champ in no time....and two, 6ft name does nothing for the RSTL
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.