Royce da 5'9 is a fuckin' problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by ANDtheMC, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Sorry.... the second half of Rock City was dope.... And you're either dumb or retarded or a lot of both if you feel that Joe Budden didn't have some of the corniest shit on that album.... I'll admit his dope songs on his album were: Pump It Up (hate it or not, that shit was flames), 10 Minutes (amazing classic), Stand Up Nucca (dope - not classic), and Fire (that shit was a fire club track as well).....

Aside from those, I feel the rest of the album was pure trash.... And stop usin' that stupid ass lame excuse that the label chose the songs........ Labels choose a good majority of the industries young artists' shit....... Some of them still find a way to prosper.... (very few but some do)

And Death is Certain is better than any mixtape or album Joey's dropped so get the fuck outta here wit that nonsense.......
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

gotta disagree with you here, tho'........ I think the majority of Joe's shit was wack or average but his good shit is as good as they come........ Even if it's a rarity...
    test
  3. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

Royce is sick, he's in my top 5 fav MCs ! but i havent heard these tracks y'all talking about, i'ma download em..
    test
  4. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

you're nuts....first of all...

No one ever says Pump it up or Fire were good songs (I do though, but the majority of people would call those songs ass)...so if you like those, and dont like Calm Down, Walk With Me...even the intro to me was flames.....the album wasn't bad....

And Mood Musik II is better than anything Royce has put out. Not saying Royce is bad though....I actually think he's top 25, but Joey's top 10...."TO ME"
    test
  5. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ to me, your nuts...... Mood ••••• 2 was dope but only because the handful of tracks... Death is Certain is basically a sit thru every track album... Even the Joe Budden track over 6 Minutes of Death, he was spittin' forced ass punchlines/metaphors.... So often, he uses punchlines/wordplay that's so forced 'n it's such a stretch... When he makes 'em work, they're brilliant.... But percentage-wise, he fails more often than not.......

I'd listen to Death is Certain over Mood ••••• 2 ANYDAY...... And that's with sayin' that If I Die Tomorrow and 3 Sides to a Story and Dumb Out are classics.... The rest of it was decent/solid and some was wack to me.......... Death is Certain is consistently good with a few classics on it.... Much more consistent to me....

that's always been my problem with Budden... His consistency... His top-knotch tracks are as good as any hip hop song ever created but to me, he has only about a dozen of those type of tracks out of his 200+ song catelogue......
    test
  6. KriminaL

KriminaL Guest

Im gonna be honest here ...

I hadn't really listened to Royce Da 5'9, I heard him on the track with eminem, and i never really - "dug" him, so i really just slept on him.

then i heard he was involved in the beef with D12, and wondered what was up with that, figured it'd just be some sort of attention grabbing-tatic, Which futhured my belief Royce needed exposure.

[ this was back in my ignorant days, when i was a chart bopper ]

__

But i've listened to alot of songs from Royce, and the dude is fucking amazing, his flow is unmatched, his rhyme scheme & structure is un-real.

RIGHT NOW

Royce > Eminem.

.. Unless eminem's next album has amazing, off the chain content, i truely think eminem is going to fall off ...

Eminem show was passable.
    But Encore sucked.
    and so does the Re-Up.

(( And Eminem was the reason i got into Hip Hop ))

.. but royce is fuckn amazing,
    this new album he's got planned,
    is going to be best drop of 07
    test
  7. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

Well AND, Im glad you can at least find 4 dope songs on his CD. Where there is actually about 7 or 8. Anyway, I cant find ANY on Death Is Certain. Not 1 song that stands out at all. So its really not worth arguing to me.
    test
  8. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

Joe make's better music than royce....I personally find Royce's style more entertaining.....

....here we go again with the "def jam made joe put out a asscrack lp" excuse....YES DEF JAM PLAYED A BIG PART IN SELECTING JOE'S TRACKLISTING, but that's only out of the body of work they had to pick from... It isnt Def Jam's fault Joe's lp was subpar, it's joe's fault...they didnt force him to put wack shit on the lp, HE RECORDED WACK SHIT FOR THE LP...that's why every mixtape gurantees you atleast 2 or 3 wack commercial attempts....

...4 or 5 good songs out of like 16 joints is ass in my opinion.....the four I like barely get bumped...that lp had no replay value, and the shit I did replay got boring really fast...10mins can put a nigga to sleep if you're not careful, lol.....shit like "mamama", "survivor", "real life in rap", and "she wanna know" straight embarassed joe, that shit was beyond corny....
    test
  9. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

def jan didn't write songs for budden, they didn't make him make bad songs, that was his choice and/or only option.......I've heard shit from him like the joint over the pac beat where he goes off with that whole yankees analogy, and that was fucking sick no matter who said it.....so daps to him on that.....but he has never had a song that made me want to listen twice.......I can rock death is certain, and have, since the day it came out.....maybe 1 or 2 songs i skip........"my wife don't like my album it's way dark for women, she says it sounds like i hold grudges/ she'd rather listen to joe budden/ no disrespect aight but fuck a party........six degrees of separation right there.......
    test
  10. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

^^^That line was corny....lmao...out of all the lines, you pick that one
    test
  11. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

which one....the budden or royce?......i said the royce one to relate it to the topic, and the irony that he mentions him, while we talk about them....
    test
  12. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

o....cuz the royce line was corny...

it is ironic though
    test
  13. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

how anyone can say TES isnt a great album is beyond me. Oh wait, i get it, he wasnt rapping about killing people and drugs.
    test
  14. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

^^^^^exactly!!!!!!!!!

To me...that's Em's BEST album...closely followed by MMLP
    test
  15. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

test
  16. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

i'm starting to think hip hop's about to make a big comeback....and i mean the lyrical aspect of hip hop...i'm seeing a lot of artists stepping it up lyrically....
    test
  17. barnizzle

barnizzle HIP HOP

royce, elzhi, lupe, pap, phonte, budden, saigon...got so much potential to be THEM niggaz

one
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.