Round 4 : 3-Planes Vs. LDogg The King Vs. The Goon (Vote!)

Discussion in 'RSTL Grudge Matches and Tournaments' started by Lucifa, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

test
  2. 3-Planes

3-Planes Cruel... and unusual

will write tomorrah
    test
  3. _KDP_

_KDP_ Active Member

vote-3 planes
    test
  4. 3-Planes

edited out lol
    test
  5. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

Iron Fist

Watch me squeeze my hand, bend the steel
    This is on the job training right in the field
    Of fucked up and beat ups, yea it might seem rough
    But that stuff is silly compared to when they bleed guts
    These fucks, they don’t want it – come over and see
    Each finger on my fist get ahold on your cheek
    Break every bone in your face, leave u alone in your place
    To think about how im controlling your fate
    Holding your plate, sideways, watch the food fall
    Call the doctor an tell him u need some new balls
    Cuz u sat and watched me do it, never moved
    Now im buying your bitch clothes, she say the sweaters smooth
    And trust me im gonna wet her too
    So wet I might float the water in a canoe
    Can you picture that? Bitch your wac
    I’d slap u but your pet stronger, so imma hit ur cat
    After that, u better fix your hat
    Put your jacket back on an leave.. don’t miss your cab
    test
  6. The Goon

The Goon New Member

"When you left I lost a part of me,
    It's still so hard to believe,
    Come back baby; please,
    Cos we belong together."

- Mariah Carey

You were the fruit of our labour;
    The child persistance and determination dutifully gave us.
    You were courageous,
    A lucid teenager good humoured and natured...
    ...I viewed your behaviour with eager support,
    Knowing you would reap the rewards of my tutelage later.
    Mine were the scruples that gave you your freedom of thought,
    Mine were the foundations on which your flagging feet would then walk.
    Mine were the nurturing hands that instilled your parlanced probity,
    And helped make you a man,
    Sincerely yours,

The heart of the city.

[​IMG]
    test
  7. 2triple0

2triple0 New Member

uhhh.... i'm giving my vote to 3PA

his verse had better structure, flow, and stayed on topic the whole time.. the other verses were thoughtless and seemed like they were put together quickly and not with a lot of emphasis on emotions or cleverness. i think maybe those verses were meant to be for a different battle and their opponents no-showed, but still you should have prepared something a little more enjoyable to read.. just how i felt...
    test
  8. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Just To Clarify:

Voters MUST rank verses in 1st / 2nd / 3rd order.
    test
  9. 2triple0

2triple0 New Member

whoops...my bad lucifer

1. 3pa
    2. the goon
    3. ldogg the king
    test
  10. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

the goon = jook

that sig was/is in his AIM profile

lol
    test
  11. iCon.

iCon. Eat a dick, Ren.

okay.. i havent browsed the board for a minute.. but i used to be in the old rstl and the audio rstl league so i stopped by to peep a few of these here battles..
    so first off flow is a key thing for me.. i thought the first guy had an unusual style.. it reads okay.. not great, not bad.. sorta choppy.. and entirely too long here.. some of the rhymes he carried over didnt seem to fit as perfect as they id in other spots.. i think he was trying to focus so hard on keepin' the techniques and flava with tha multies that the actual storyline.. or the topic if you wanna call it that.. got lost midway thru it all.. i lost interest about a quarter of the way thru.. he just lacked any real direction or conviction for me.. not feeling the first cat a lot.. he was ightthe second guy had more my thing.. the verse was compacted.. not so drawn out and long winded.. not bogged down with too much addage or overreachin'.. a spitable flow.. short and crisp lines.. i didnt really get how he tried to match it with the topic though.. it seemed a bit of a stretch.. i mean it was cool.. i just expected more.. a flip on it perhaps.. a fresh take.. some originality?
    left feelin' a little bored and short changed as it drew to a close.. not my thing at all.. dude was okay.. just needed something ELSE nahmean? that extra kick in the ass to go from just good to dope.. i dunno.. i liked his though..

third cat kept it pretty similar here.. kept his lines short but silky smooth.. cut to the chase with it.. feeling the opening section a lot here.. liking how he tied the multies in.. bounced em around too so the verse had kickbacks.. clearly a more audio head spitting this.. i enjoyed the repetition too.. right near the end.. built it up.. and the ending was pretty creative, a cool take on the picture.. prob. not what id have gne for..
    but that wasnt a bad thing, it was fresh, and i liked that.. based purely on my own enjoyment im going with:

1st: goon
    2nd: ldogg the king
    3rd: 3planes
    test
  12. Discreet

Discreet New Member

Well I'm from PR and HHD originally and Three-Planes-Aligned asked me to vote honestly on this one so I am:

I`m agreeing w/ Icon on this to an extent, I wasn't a fan of L Diggiddy's like I have been of some of his past work, he did have a solid showing here but the sheer length of 3PA's piece meant the mechanics and technical aspects were made much more prominent and pushed to the fore that his. 3PA seemed to have rustled this up pretty quickly also, the length does tend to suggest otherwise, but as an avid reader of his I didn't think this was as up to par with some of his earlier works. It has his trademark flow to it, but little of the relatability factor I think has carried him in other pieces I've read. The piece doesn't click with the reader on any sort of emotional, or past experience or relatable level. I think that was why I preferred Goon's piece here, because it had that extra dimension to it, a short stanza but filled with choice quality and a strong sense of closure to its end where the piece comes full circle. My picks would be Goon, 3PA and then L Dogg.
    test
  13. 3-Planes

test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

the goon = baron mynd.
    test
  15. MeNTiLL PoET

MeNTiLL PoET Nahlidge

I`m guessin` 3pa edited his verse out? So based on the 2 verses that are there. I got it.

Goon
    LDogg

LDogg kept it consistent flow wise. Which I think Goon matched him at. But I think Goon pulled it out on the content. Both drops were short as fuck tho. What`s up with that. Specially for a finals??? That`s disappointin` as fuck. But yea. Goon took this with his rhyme scheme and content. The way his rhyme scheme eased thru the piece was dope to me. Just wish both woulda wrote longer pieces to have more to go off of.
    test
  16. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

lmfao... how the fuck did that weak ass bitch Lucif let this place die in the middle of a tournament....

doesn't look like it took too long after I completely left this to him to completely fuck it up... lol... good job bitches.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.