Round 2: Warbux vs. Huey Fig Newton

Discussion in 'GRB - '13 Grand Royal Audio Battle' started by J o o k, Aug 10, 2013.

?

Who won?

1. Warbux

86.7%
  2. Huey Fig Newton

13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double ML

double ML plekz = wannabe thought police

i ain't going to that fat bastard's website. i've heard mad ppl talk about getting a virus alert when going to his shit.

plus this is a GRB on rm.c. he should post it here or get DQ'd.
    test
  2. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

I thought omen had a couple of decent personals, but I mean really he needs to work on his wittiness and also his breath control.
    Warbux had jokes for days in there, I like the approach where not many bars are wasted filler. Overall, Warbux just came way more correct - more polished, meaner, more clever.....just a better battle track overall.

vote - warbux.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. SpoonFull

SpoonFull Lovely

This shit right here.

Omen, you have improved SO much. I remember your shit being unlistenable a few years ago, and you're legit contending now. Well done, sir.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

I really liked Omen's verse. He would've faired well against anybody else I feel, and did against bux. But bux brought more firepower and had a verse hard for anyone to beat.

His lines and beat choice were more solid, and it made him shine compared to D omen (Didn't care for the beat choice, it got played out this week pretty heavy)

Had Bux slacked at all, this could've been an entertaining result, as it is, Bux didn't. But props to omen for the great showing, loved the verse.

Vote - Bux
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. double ML

double ML plekz = wannabe thought police

ok- finally listened to d.omen's shit

his beat choice was quite horrid:donotwant:

his flow needs a lot of work. only a few lines caught my attention (i.e. the right down the street one; but we all know ain't a man alive on this earth scared to walk up to d.omen and tell him to go fuck himself)

i didn't really care for bux's beat selection either, but he came with the usual intensity and dope lines. basically, d.omen got ethered. again.

[​IMG]
    test
  6. RichY RiCh

RichY RiCh f.C.k 4ever

warbux- man why you always use these 90's sounding beats??? lol @ jake the snake line, lol @ bout to see him die, lmao @ buddhist monk, bad sign nice, lmao @ diabetes line, lmfao @ fat tits line, omg wow dead @ black bitch line, omg wow @ golden corral line, you snapping brah calm down, flow, delivery all that shit you got mastered, you bodied him with those lines holy shit

huey- cool u gotta video, fuck your ad shit though, dope flow and delivery, but you do sound white lol, lol @ dog catcher line, idk if its true but its funny, lol palm of the hand line, some of your shit forced though like bux frozen, lol @ right down the street, truuuu @ kendrick line, all that wordplay shit too much for audio (ex. bare a ness), starbux line dope, nice @ demon in the sack,

overall-bux killed this shit, huey if you came with some nastier punches it could've been closer but ya'll need to quit this wordplay shit, wtf at peir 1, if i didnt read the lyrics i wouldnt know wtf you're tlaking about, but omen came mad close in this shit
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

Bux: For the love of shit, use some 90's beats or use some current shit thats mid tempo and dark..Your beat selection is historically bad...Anyway..The verse was sick, Damian in the bag was my fav line....640 pounds of talking coffee grounds got me as well..

Omen: Putting up the number to where he works is fucked up....it is a battle though so w/e..You actually had a couple lines that I liked a little bit more than anything on warbux's shit. Bux got frozen, questloves afro line, this wasnt bad...You coulda done better with a better beat, you need to be aggressive as hell to that control beat to sound good on it, and you're not an aggressive mc. Which isnt to say your shit aint hitting hard, it just doesnt fit to that beat (I cant rap on it either, I dont yell like i used to.) The flows better but its still choppy. you should be taking your breaths at the end of bars instead of the middle of them....Shorten your bars so that you can take a breath at the end, or fill your bars with a word so that you're not taking a breath in the middle...a syllable is a space, it's essentially a hat hitting, fill empty hats with syllables in between in bars...Use shit like "AND" or "MOTHERFUCKER" to keep the flow moving instead of it being choppy and you'll be straight.

Vote: Bux.

Good battle though
    test
  8. Huey Fig Newton

Huey Fig Newton Rebel-He-Is

I appreciate this feedback but in all honesty, I recorded my shit at the very last minute and didn't have the time I wanted to do execute/deliver the way I wanted but I definitely wasn't gonna no show.

and you're right I actually hate this beat but I wanted to annoy Bux since he made that thread about Kendrick's verse. I was gonna use Common "Sweet". dah well.
    test
  9. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

let me just say I was hella impressed with omens shit.. really caught me by surpsrise..

bux is a battle machine..

im not gonna vote cuz im partial....

but I will say Bux wedding toast was better then both audios..lol
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  10. KooL La!d

KooL La!d iRock Cafe

fig, f your advertisements, man.

Oh, how I hate this beat now....

"Look at em right in the face, this guys rattled
    if I'm the lamest alive, you the lamest in live battles" LOL dope

Soul Caliber, nice.

You polished up your flow and structure. Lines packing more impact than the last time I heard a GRB from you...still, I felt your delivery was underplayed, might've been the quality... your material was good.. still slick with the wordplay with what I remember from your Holla Front/RapWorlds days, good shit. Damn, you really blew his spot at the end tho. Sent your blog reporters to get the scoop, huh? Executive swag.

Warbux...

"tell from his album cover his music sucks" "full not familiar with" "mirror/dick with"

Verse was full of beastly jabs on his appearance... flow nice... delivery cool... presence cool... top notch stuff all around... really dug deep.

Overall, got a going to bux. A lot more polished and defined in this battle... felt like Omen's delivery's what hurt em' to most... cause the material was solid..
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  11. PicholasNaugam

PicholasNaugam Active Member

They videos cracked me up Huey and I laughed My ass off. lol at Bux wedding speech, thats hilarious.

I think building your verse off that was alright, and some lines were okay but nothing stood out too much with your track.

Vote- bux.

Voting for bux because he had more punches, better flow, beat choice IMO, and just overall came with it.
    test
  12. enef

enef voting against DZK in every round.

i aint doing all that

warbux won

you shouldnt have to leave any fucking feedback. this aint text battles

btw omen isnt very good
    test
  13. SHITTY Bang Bang

SHITTY Bang Bang freestyle fanatic

man i do like warbux' raps but tbh i really feel like fig took this shit man...

i just feel like he went as his neck more...
    test
  14. SHITTY Bang Bang

SHITTY Bang Bang freestyle fanatic

my breakdown

Warbux Buddhist line was dope. More hits than his blog gets now haha.

Huey - Dog Catcher, Droppin hadoukens and dog grooming LOL - top of dome palm of his hand line was solid Starbucks and Alligator under bed/demon in the sack line was sick.

Bux came with it but it wasn't anything really surprising. I feel like he just dragged out a bunch of fat jokes but Huey came at him from all different angles. Bar for Bar, Huey got this. His lines were way more creative than Bux. Warbux had the same flow the same as always so there was nothing that took me by surprise enough to vote for him. He'll still probably win tho

Vote = Huey
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. xMetasiNx

xMetasiNx Met-uh-siN

Warbux - Nothing to note here. Polished, hard hitting punches... Tough to beat such brilliant punchlines with that rugged of a delivery.

Huey - This beat is my kinda shit, for sure. Punch-ins need work. You have a dope style, especially for a beat like this, but for a battle your style seems kinda lax. It really takes away from your punches.

I gotta vote for Bux. Good showing though, Huey.
    test
  16. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

ohhh shit.
    test
  17. Ayem

Ayem I Heart Myself

Omen's breath control needs some work. His flow as off at times, but he did have some lines, whether they were rushed or not. Bux however, was Bux. The Omen on his ass line was very dope, as was the jake the snake line. Bux got this one.
    test
  18. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

FORMAT

warbux (now i try to move past a beat but wtf lol, it was cool but idk man)

Lines:

i didnt see little nicky but i imagine thats what the line was referring too
    budhist monk was ight
    album cover music sucks
    omen label/ bad sign
    diabetes/ sign a treaty LMAO
    full feelin/familiar with
    ultrasound line
    fat jokes an easy way to go i think u went overboard with it but they were def clever
    mirror dick with LOL

omen

i like how u told a bit of a story with this one and u had punch after fuckin punch tho some ranged from decent some more monsterous

Lines:

Cause you went from signing with Catch Records to being a Dog Catcher lol
    You Margaret Thatcher "funny referance", a bitch in their Prime I'm buryin
    a nigga beating Bux, so I Baroness (Bare A Ness) comparison decent
    I just gotta say I kinda find it amusing
    Cause I don't see how you Sonic Boomin or Dropping Hadoukens
    With so many dogs in the county that need grooming
    The crowd won't applaud for this man, we saw him on cam
    The only thing coming off of the dome is the palm of his hand (just makes me think of that picard pic lol)

It's like I Reported my Card stolen cause Bux Got Frozen

He's standing next to corpses or that's his Family Portrait

We live in the same town If this clown tries to beef
    Fuck a Down Right Fierce, bitch I'm Right Down the street

You record hits for the web, that's Google Analytics

and Soul Khan ain't wanna battle ya, ya wasn't no challenger
    This fake Street Fighter ain't up to Soul Caliber (i took this line also as a part of the omen name whic made it better imo)

if I'm the lamest alive, you the lamest in live battles

that starbucks line was pretty forced but it was ok

You weakest with the raps, keep teasing being fat
    when I'm the reason ya girl creeping and cheating behind ya back
    Here's a secret I'm speaking facts
    You an "Alligator Under The Bed" she seems to think I'm a Demon in the sack RAW RAW RAW

this time it's Curtains for Bux, Interior Designing

I'll punish ya Dog, Brian, I'm rivaling Stewie Griffin

and Put Bux on a Stretcher like I'm making ends meat

He wanted a clean battle but nah I'm creating more dirt
    You better pray to God one of your Dogs ate my homework

I'll write Bux in my will, he still never Benefactor

Flow: Warbux
    Delivery: warbux but not by much cause domen was very versatile
    Punchlines: D.omen (Buxes lines were hardhittin and good but d.omen slapped him with some more shit and some great personals

Vote: Huey

He was the underdog and I think Bux thought he could cruise by with some witty fat jokes and a couple name flips but overall I give this to huey overall
    because I think his track was slightly better at puttin his opponent down with punch after punch
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  19. Nahmed

Nahmed Good Business

Takes the cake double entendre tbh don't know how many caught it.. Bama ohming on ass..#bars, treaty. I think Bux track was the best overall combo of bars and spittage this round.

Omen has always had #bars. I think your track was much cleaner in rd 1, like maybe you practiced the bars more.

The only thing coming off of the dome is the palm of his hand

Fuck a Down Right Fierce, bitch I'm Right Down the street >>

You record hits for the web, that's Google Analytics

And so on. I think if you would have cleaned this up the poll would be a lot closer, you came with it tbh
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  20. Huey Fig Newton

Huey Fig Newton Rebel-He-Is

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.