Round 2: Taiyamo Denku vs. MC Propaganda

Discussion in 'GRB - '13 Grand Royal Audio Battle' started by J o o k, Aug 10, 2013.

?

Who won?

1. Taiyamo Denku

15.8%
  2. MC Propaganda

84.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Free Lynx

Free Lynx ®m legend Peter Parker

edit dbl post
    test
  2. RichY RiCh

RichY RiCh f.C.k 4ever

prop- woooo finally a dope beat, lol @ dont make no sense, lmfao @ flying kowalas, lmao dark wizard rapper, lmao @ never got a call since, lol @ brunch line and reggie miller line, rhyme scheme toooo dope, you lacked the punches you had first round but this was dope too

denku- man aint even gonna lie hate listening to your shit cuz its soo wierd, but leggo... dont get the intro but ok, lol @ suburban michicagan streets, goonie knock off even though i dont get it, that not a beast but a hog in w/e was alright, lol @ radio flyer wagon, lol @ con artists, you come with some dope shit but its overshadowed by all that wierd shit you talk about like dragons or hogs or w/e that other goofy shit i heard

vote-prop denku came correct, both had a nice polished delivery and flow but prop came with harder punches plus he aint have all that wierd shit
    test
  3. Past-one

Past-one ticking time bomb

crazyyyyy battleeee

so vicious

hard to vote

vote..../-denku

respect to both
    test
  4. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

denku's battle was dope as fuck , both beats were fire , had some obscure ass lines but some of them hit , over all it was pretty damn dope

prop - heard this beat alot but you came with it as usual , thought u came alittle harder last round but it was still real nice

over prop got it for me , his style is just real fit to battle , constantly goes at you with those punches

-vote prop but denku i still really liked your drop , this was a real good battle
    test
  5. KooL La!d

KooL La!d iRock Cafe

Tai... not bad... presence was nice, material was OK.... you sounding a lot like yourself again here... your material hasn't changed much either.... still hold your diss @ DZK to high regards of your best diss tracks... but this wasn't really saying much.... flow's alright, delivery was good. Overall, OK effort.

Prop ...

"Isn't laughter" ... that giant piranha scheme was cool... the rest of the lines weren't quotables, but they were still hitting hard.. cool energy, the flow was decent, presence crazy, swag all-around vicious... you were going at his neck with the meaness... overall, it was a cool ass verse..

I think both MC's did pretty good , tremendous effort. However, it came down to the substance of the lines... prop was hitting it with the more 'under your skin' type material, where Denku was sort of lacking that same charisma and drive.... Free Lynx said it best... if you're not matching that stamina, you're gonna get 'got'.

Vote - Prop
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  6. Taiyamo Denku

Taiyamo Denku W.A.S.T.E.L.A.N.D.S.

respect to the voters .. and dope ish Prop eventhough it was the same things everyone says about me and the fact peeps dont get some of the lines they listed I just #SMH #GETSMART but overall good ish Prop you get my respect ... Im not really an Asshole no more since I am pretty much in this hip hop industry pretty hard ....
    test
  7. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

I think this battle was pretty raw man.

Prop came dope as usual - but I think the substance just wasn't there for me this time around. Last round was really awesome against Blackanese but this one seemed a bit lackluster.

Taiyamo - you were raw and rugged man. You epitomize hip hop battlers .. let me rephrase - you are the epitome of a REAL hip hop battler man. I take my hat off to you. Your delivery, aggression and constant attack edged you this battle.

Vote - Taiyamo.
    test
  8. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

Tai, I respect you as well but,

Saying respect after you say I didn't have anything to say doesn't make it respectful. Telling the voters they aren't smart because you try your best to go completely over everyone's head in your verses isn't either.

Its supposed to be reasonable for them to get your bars. Saying shit like I play backgammon over bamboo beats doesn't fit that criteria. Saying I'm not cold, i'm just an iceberg (which Icebergs indeed, are very cold) wasn't exactly groundbreaking or a new form of attack.

I didn't use the least obvious angles, but once you've been rapping and exposing everything on the net for 13 years, theres only so much different shit to say about somebody.

But respect to you as well bro. Let the voters decide.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. iLLy

iLLy will fuck you up.

Tai - i dont care what anyone else says, but i fucks with this verse, YAHHH a couple lines i didn't understand, but i just like the raw aggressive kind of verse, thought you did a good job.

Prop - flow is dope as fuck, that koala and wizard line killed me, I was really liking this track, took a few listens to it.

Both of yall brought that heat but im giving this one to Prop, VERY close battle
    test
  10. Huey Fig Newton

Huey Fig Newton Rebel-He-Is

going to edit this with my vote tbh.
    test
  11. Blackanese

Blackanese BlackaneseCantRap.com

denku always dug your style, you have some crazy lines shit was raw as fuckkk tooo,

propaganda the beat you used was really dope too, dark wizard rapper line was comedy...

ima have to listen again and edit my vote because this was really close tbh
    test
  12. Taiyamo Denku

test
  13. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Ty: Beat was eeehhh, but the contrast between it and your vocals made the whole track mesh well. "If you call me Aesop again I'll Buzzooka Jook you" !? Is that what you said!? Haha! I dunno why, but that leaned me. I like your Wu-Tang/Cypress Hill swag during the 2nd part of your verse. Not too many lines stood out, your energy outweighed your content in my opinion.

Prop: Beat is decent. Ty dying/Jerry Garcia line was nice. Spaceships, blue dragons and flying koalas/stick your head in a giant piranha - LOL! I definitely like your energy and flow. Had a few punches that stood out to me. Pretty solid second round, just wish you had some heavier quotables.

Overall: Denku actually had a better "sounding" track, but it was hard to understand what was actually being said at some points. Prop had the heavier punches/material, but not by much. Vote - Prop.
    test
  14. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

I keep waiting for the day Denku says fuck it and just raps in a standard line and cadence form and wins a grb.

I fucking really dig his voice and style... He sounds so grimy which I fucking love.. I actually forgot how dope he is,, easily one of the best mcs on this site.. You should just conform and make it easy for the people denku real talk

I've been around a long time and have heard all the best bars about Denku being a space rapper and indecipherable ... It's obvious to go there with it,,, but props disses in that category where lack luster at best...

However prop did come with a strong diss... I like when there's just a consistent line of disses... I feel like every 4 bars should have a dart in it.. And prop came like that even if the darts weren't that sharp...

I gonna give it a couple more listens see if I can pull some of the disses out of Denku audio...then I'll cast my vote.. Off one listen I'm kinda in the middle with a very slight lean to prop...
    test
  15. Duane Jackson

Duane Jackson Active Member

loving this beat denku picked first, got a nasty voice, my boys bugged out over ya 1st round battle they love the style, i dig it but i think it's more suited for song making than battling, you had some punches and lines but the approach propaganda takes is perfectly suited to this type of audio battling, the way he delivers his lines is calculated, it brings across every punch that much harder

vote - prop
    test
  16. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Prop-flow was on point. My head was nodding the whole time. Reggie line and Noodles line had me LOL

Tai- I like that grimy style of yours. But I was a,lil bored during ya verse.

Vote-Mc Prop

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  17. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

Prop: J-Zone beat...love your style man, its just raw. LOL@ saliva inside an iguana scheme, that was dope....mythai....tieing knots....fallout3, liked the i gotta sound normal to beat you angle..felt u coulda done more with the you dont make any sense angle...this was a sick ass drop, but def was not as good as rd1. Ill shit regardless.

Denku: Liked the intro. Pray for prop. This beats dope. Your styles actually dope as hell, I enjoy the slow flow...pray for prop.....dry spout....jump ship....i dont know why i liked the MC part (mcflurry shit) beat switch was good, theres a lot of filler here that could've been made better (what you bragging for/you beat someone who hasnt made out rd 1 before). The first verse is def better.

It's a tough battle to vote on, and its alot closer than the voting reflects.....Prop had more lines, better schemes, Denku was a little more aggressive and had the SLIGHTLY better sounding track...Close but im going with Prop. Denku, I like obscure against the grain hiphop as much as anyone else. If you are going to continue that route, you have to have shit for people who dont like that stuff, especially on this site..write a 16 with those people in mind, and do yourself that favor to have more success. If you're smart enough to have shit that goes over peoples heads and u know it, then you should be smart enough to dumb it down to get their votes..Telling Prop he needs to go back to the "Shire" and building a scheme off that is impractical, it's just not something thats regularly said, and its very non-sequitor without being humorous at all...
    test
  18. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

test
  19. Taiyamo Denku

thanks for those who have voted i plan on voting on the rest of the battle tomorrow
    test
  20. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

Denku was dope man. Aggressive and that delivery was hard. Both of those beats fit your style.

Prop was aggressive to man. And the flow was meeeeean. This shit went hard and I'm fuckin' with the lyrics harder. The spaceships part you went off. I think this one boils down to personal preference and is close as shit but I got Prop taking it by a little man. This battle was NICE.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.