Round 2: KooL La!d vs. Illy

Discussion in 'GRB - '13 Grand Royal Audio Battle' started by J o o k, Aug 10, 2013.

?

Who won?

1. KooL La!d

44.4%
  2. Illy

55.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

This battles close and getting slept on so ima put my vote out there now rest get tommorow unless another I peeps lackin deserved attention

koolaid

Lines:
    …a logical absurdity like the killa b kilt's vote
    you gassed up like the mask they give you in EMS

Fuck him up and then tell his God Ganesh he can get it too!
    Condition, bro if illy's ill, then chill it's medicinal

looking like a Hindu Ginóbili (that just made me lol)

ur writin style is nasty man i wish i wasnt so lazy i like writing thats like this
    for a long track tho i think u coulda had a few more punchlines and some lines i didnt understand but could just be me

illy

Lines:

u had some cool concepts thru out very creative verse i like ur way of writing as well
    also

that stand out line was cool
    the world is broke nigga ain't nobody buy kool shit
    when i see cool running, like the bob sled team

Flow: tied (even tho kool aids seemed to almost fall off..when it was on point i liked it way better)
    Delivery: Illy (kool aids was good just need to add a little somethin to it)
    Punchlines: Kool aid by a bit (just put a bit of less filler next time)

Vote: kool aid

i think illy underestimated his opponent although i felt kool aids track was a bit too long for a round 2 he did go in, though he coulda thrown some more punches in there
    also that one sylable line backfired a bit on illy i thought kool aids schemes were nice
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. Maria.

Maria. ****************************

One was too short and one was too long. Illy packed a bigger punch for me in all categories but couldn't make it to 2 minutes? Not a big fan of Kool aid's tickle me elmo voice dropping racial slurs all over the place and I couldn't get all the way through in one sitting.

v-Illy
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

I think that kool had more filler and illy had more consistently good content, but overall kool still had MORE good content. Even with the filler, he put in the extra work and illy's lines weren't strong enough to overcome all of that work.

my vote for kool. both were decent.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  4. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

Kool Laid, you got a good flow man. I thought stuff was a little generic though. Coulda used a few more personals in there besides just the generic picture. Could've done a little more research, I think.

Illy where the hell did you come from? Hahaha. I don't remember you being so dope. This was solid all the way through, good punches and good flow. Look forward to hearing more of your shit in the coming rounds.

v/Illy
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  5. iLLy

iLLy will fuck you up.

test
  6. Nahmed

Nahmed Good Business

Kool Aid your vocals could be like 3-4db louder. Voice is ill but getting drowned out. Flow and schemes are nice.

Illy remind me of the dude I started rhyming with, bars are pretty good so far. Damn verse is over before I even got into my critique. I think iLLy's length and Kool's low vocals make it hard to judge. I'm going to have to listen to Kool Aid track again and try to pick up more lyrics before I vote.
    test
  7. warbux

warbux Robber Dinero

yo kool laid sounds like almost exactly the same as chino xl on my laptop speakers

illy didn't spit enough but he murdered it

vote - illy
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  8. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

Kool Aid was dope as shit. He had some lines had that personal shit. Had some filler here n there though. And I felt like his shit coulda been structured a little better.

Illy's verse was better structured with the rhyme schemes and he was firing shots man. I think Illy got this one.
    test
  9. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Very close battle!

Probably the closest of the round.

What it comes down to for me is preference.

My pref is KooL La!d.

He had the better delivery to and was more listenable to me.

Illy was dope too though, it's def a tough call.

V - Kool Laid.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.