Round 2: GarciaVega vs. Syko Solja

Discussion in 'GRB - '13 Grand Royal Audio Battle' started by J o o k, Aug 10, 2013.

?

Who won?

1. GarciaVega

85.7%
  2. Syko Solja

14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

GRB - Grand Royal Audio Battle 2013 Rules - Second Round

$1,700.00 up for grab!

- 2nd Round Audios are DUE Monday night August 19th at 11:59 pm EST.
    - Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s).
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be at least 2 minutes.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - NEW RULE: All participants must vote on at least six (6) other battles and post the links to the battles they voted on in their matches using ONE post to do so. If your links are not in by the time the battle closes for votes (Friday 11:59EST) then you will lose one vote for every link missing. YOU MUST LEAVE AT LEAST THREE LINES OF FEEDBACK WITH YOUR VOTE (IN ADDITION TO VOTING ON THE POLL). IF YOU DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK YOU WILL NOT BE CREDITED FOR THE VOTE.- No Comments allowed on battle until both battlers have posted their battle songs. You can also post videos.
    - Aiming for votes or voting rings will not be tolerated. If my team catches wind of such you will be DQ'd without question.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, contact me immediately via PM or Email -Yelp001@gmail.com

Polls will be edited in mid-week (as they are only allowed to be open for seven days due to board settings).
    test
  2. Syko Solja

Syko Solja Syko Solja

Damn I keep forgetting the timezones are different, my bad for no showing. I wonder what happened with Carlos.
    test
  3. J o o k

Lol wtf.

Verses are due Monday night man.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  4. Syko Solja

Syko Solja Syko Solja

Oh shit, I thought they were due every Friday lmao.
    test
  5. J o o k

That's when votes are due boss.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. Syko Solja

Syko Solja Syko Solja

Here we go, lyrics below..

https://soundcloud.com/sykosolja

Garcia Vega? You more like a Philly nigga
    All you do is act tough in ya wraps like a Philly nigga
    I'm really sick of, these rappers with these silly build ups
    Spittin fillas come with ONE punchline & think it's iller
    To beat me you'll need more than some fat jokes
    You fat joke, plus it sound like you gotta scratched throat
    Whack hoe, what you gargle with? Tobacco?
    Let me guess, you brush with a brillow pad & some hand soap
    Man no, you will never ever beat I
    Tryna seem hot, puttin screenshots in the readbox
    Please stop, you bout as hard as a freezepop
    I'll put you in a hole for thinkin that you a G "pop"
    ..That's General Population
    I'll enter ya spot with haitians & finish annihilatin
    Ya whole fuckin family, I'll get em inside the basement
    Leave holes in em big as the tits on Sanaa Lathan
    Nigga I'm not to play with, I'm really about to take it
    As far as I can to kill ya without these name flips
    Cause in the first round you know I tried the personals
    I googled you & couldn't even find a verse from you
    You're unsearchable, but I did find a link
    About ya studio gettin hit up for armed robbery
    Honestly, it's all jokes man ease up
    Cause I don't wanna leave you jaw broke, and beat up
    You people better watch it at the Center For Arts
    He'll try to get in ya arse, when Carlos Mencia
    Shit, we all know you gay on the slick
    That's why Warbux quit makin yo shit
    & I don't give a mutha fuck if DZK on ya dick
    I still won this fuckin round without pastin a pic, bitch
    So go ahead & call me black like a prejudice
    Break down ya lyrics & post them pictures for evidence
    See me, I don't need all of that extra shit to get the win
    ..I'll just let my verse make it evident
    I guess it's just the only way you can feel comfortable
    Cause hearin it by itself, just won't get you the W
    So fuck it dude, you can keep doing that lame shit
    Either way, it ain't got nothin on what I came with
    test
  7. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

https://soundcloud.com/garcia_vegaz

-1.jpg

Somebody do this dude a solid/ tell shawtee who he be messin with
    I'm loading up the shotty/ nobody better try stepping in/
    Somebody gotta get bodied this round/ to set a precedence / it's got to be his body it's the biggest body of evidence/

Forget it solja/ I can't grant u no immunity/ I'm dexter Morgan/ taking psychos outta the community/its best i warn him/
    Ill leave a whole in his chest enormous/ till rigamortis sets in and insects infest his organs /

Puffin my Doja/ Doggy I go hard body/ you a buffalo solja/ rest in peace to bob marley/ ima kill this coward clean/ that's how it seems but nobody want to see this psycho in a shower scene/

Prolly have a heart attack/ call the cardiac/ i think this man has a vagina where his heart is at/ uses his eyeliner to sign his autographs/ you sound like big krit took a big shit and taught it how rap/

Line for line/ You don't wanna go there man/ I be over your head like luggage on an airplane/ man there's levels to this shit/ and it looks like round 2 is the last level he gon get/

They say man he just a kid/ look how young he is/ it's obvious to see he ain't seen no hunger years/ felt them hunger pains/played them hunger games/That 2 G's awoke my hunger/ now I'm hungry man/but all your filler got me fillin up/you silly fuck/ you ain't fucking with Vegas / you might as well twist that Philly up/
    He so salty he could kill a slug/
    looking like a gorilla cub/ see him on that little bus/ wearing a helmet licking the window up/

with what you write you might get left/ take a walk to the edge of the cliff and take a righteous step/ you'll get some slight respect/ ill slice your neck/ im a psycho killer/ I confess/ ill ride this beat nuts/ to make this tournament psycho les (Syko Less)/

Help me out/ Somebody Free noodles/and let the studio know I found one of the the three stooges/freak loser with his cheap beer/ and weak budda/ life and this tournament/ huh repeat loser/the street bruiser/ came back to beat crews up/ this beat abuser/ couldn't handle bars on a beach cruiser/
    Calling me fat better check ya condition/ you don't battle hard/ peep the battle card/ check the predictions/

I got a monstrous flow and an optimo with dope in it/ ain't no stopping the show/ ill win the popular vote / in 4 min/
    Got my eye on the gold/ and ima go get it/ he might be an obstacle to my goal/ but this solja is no limit/

stop all the crying and bitching/ maybe ill listen to his song/
    Keeps going on and on about how he was did wrong/
    nobody wants to hear it kid/so get gone/
    Your twitter reads like lyrics to a Taylor swift song/
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    test
  8. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Garcia Vega: Gawd damn I hate your voice, lol. Solid beat. Dexter line was proper. LOL @ the Big Kritt line, I literally visualized that and can hear what it would sound like. Jesus Christ, nonstop punches. Energy and flow are proper as hell, sounding hungry for them finals. Outro coulda been shortened a bit. Overall, dope drop.

Syko Solja: I knew someone was gonna rock this beat. Brought that raw energy again, perfect, though you did fall off in a few spots as far as flow is concerned. Lol @ screenshots in Rebok's line. Nice work homie.

Overall: Very entertaining battle. I think the energy and hunger in the presentation of these two is matched well. Syko Solja was my sleeper of this competition, and I'd really like to see him advance to later rounds. GV's voice is horrendous and I SHOULD be holding a grudge since he and DZK knocked me outta the semi's last GRB.... Buuuuut, GV gets my vote. His punches hit harder and his content was never-ending. Good show to both!
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. Huey Fig Newton

Huey Fig Newton Rebel-He-Is

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FIX THE TYPO IN GARCIA VEGA NAME ON THE THREAD TITLE SO I CAN VOTE ON THIS? god damn
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

I voted on it just fine... What's the issue?
    test
  11. PicholasNaugam

PicholasNaugam Active Member

Syko – I knew somebody was going to do this beat, I predicted it.
    “ You fat joke, plus it sound like you gotta scratched throat
    Whack hoe, what you gargle with? Tobacco?”
    And the carlos Men see ya line.. pretty sick.
    Garcia Vegas – I think you were on point, punches were okay, nothing stood out really too much. Like Diz said, I liked the Big Krit line and I also liked the “ levels to this shit “ line.. pretty nice..
    I think this was a good battle, but IMO SYKO got this battle closely.
    Vote- SYKO
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. Syko Solja

Syko Solja Syko Solja

Preciate the feedback man. I knew he was gonna post a screenshot of something so I'm glad I went with that line as well as the "need more than some fat jokes" line. I basically rebuttled half his verse without even hearing it so it's all good to me lol.
    test
  13. Free Lynx

Free Lynx ®m legend Peter Parker

this battle was good

the gargle with tobacco line made me chuckle

overall tho this nigga GARCIAVEGA went the fuck in

nigga said u sign your autographs with eye liner

looking like a gorilla cub/ see him on that little bus/ wearing a helmet licking the window up/

hhahahaha

very entertaining on both sides

vote-gv
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  14. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

lol

test
  15. IvoryTheFam

IvoryTheFam Member

lol Damn syko you just can't get away from Dexter lines huh? Lol lol
    I listened to both verses and I got to give it to Vegas. he just came a lil harder with the attack and punches also a few to name flip
    he really took aim at your Twitter with the outro roast session
    Syko. great flow and mix but then again you both had presence and mix plus both had aggression I lol at the fact yaw both had counters for fat jokes .. Twas a good battle from both ends and it was no massacre this one was a battle

vote Vega
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. Rex Skully

Rex Skully .......

Syko - I hate this beat now.

fat jokes / scratched throat / tobacco / hand soap / ... dope.

Great energy and delivery throughout.. the flow was solid, only slipped once or twice. Overall this was a nice drop.

Garcia - You have the scariest voice I've ever heard in my life. Started off decent but wow @ when you dropped the heart attack/ heart is at/ autograph/ taught it how to rap/ lines... Got grimey as hell.. Yikes at the outro.. The only flaw I can say is your punch-in's are obvious, need to make those less noticeable if you go to the next round.

Vote - Garcia Vega. This was close but I just preferred Vega's track a little more. Goodluck to both.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  17. iLLy

iLLy will fuck you up.

Syko - love this beat, i knew someone was going to use it. Your flow was good, thought your lyrics will a little lackluster at parts, but had a couple bars that made me laugh, wish you came with that style throughout the whole verse, i was feeling it thought. overall decent

Garcia - I thought you killed it, that hunger shit was funny, Flow was pretty on point, substance was good. overall dope shit

Good battle yall

-Vote GARCIA
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

Syko - I've heard this beat too many times this week, not your fault. You ride it well though, you got that polished marketable style down. Delivery is raw. Personals are good, studio, bux/dzk mentions, carlos mencia, some good flips in there, good job.

Garcia - don't like the beat, got that old school mp3.com feel to it. You ride it well though, voice is very unique. Some good multis, a couple parts where you rush your flow tho. Lines are straight and some good personals. Syko less, free noodles part was funny. The beat got really old after a minute, I kind of wish you would have had a switch up in there. Dope track overall tho.

This shit is real hard to vote on, I'm gonna come back and hit it in a few with a second listen.

*Edit*

Upon second listen, Garcia took it. Syko seemed more relax with his flow as to where Garcia had the lines and personals. With him having good flow and delivery, thats where I was able to separate the two. Syko....start hitting with those punches and crazy lines (like the mencia line), and you'll be on the rise in no time. You got the correct format beyond that, Deacon the villian was also successful with a style like yours. Its dope, you just need to add those punches, nameflips, and creativity with the lyrics in there. Great showing from both of you.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  19. Huey Fig Newton

Huey Fig Newton Rebel-He-Is

@J o o k I refuse to vote until you fix GarciaVega name bro.
    test
  20. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

Lol I saw your post about that earlier and was like wtf is he talking about. I just noticed that shit.

@J o o k can you fix that?

I don't want anyone thinking I'm trying to battle under an alias ;)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.