Round 2: Free Lynx vs. Spoonful

Discussion in 'GRB - '13 Grand Royal Audio Battle' started by J o o k, Aug 10, 2013.

?

Who won

1. Free Lynx

87.5%
  2. Spoonful

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PicholasNaugam

PicholasNaugam Active Member

First time really diving into spoonfulls music. I think it was average compared to how people made it out to be, maybe he is just a humble dude.

Parker killed it, and has my vote.

Props gentlemen!
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. RichY RiCh

RichY RiCh f.C.k 4ever

lynx- wtf @ stan beat lol, would rather hear you're crazy shit but this shit is funny, he really a big eminem fan??? cuz he remind more of an atmosphere/slug rapper, lol @ trailers touching, lol @ rather date black dudes, lol jim duggin/tim duncan shit was too dope, lmao @ tamotoe line played but youd id it justice, omg wow @ hibe shooting up, lmfao @ african guy from gmail, wtf wow @ sharkandoe, you def got the sickest delivery flow rhyme scheme in this bitch, if you get on bux level with the writing i see you or prop taking this

spoon- lol @ 20 kids popping out, wow nasty @ new years eve line, lol @ cookin oxy up, nice hiroshima shit, the peter parker tounge twister shit was dope, nice garbage line, nice salon line, but damn wtf this aint hte normal spoonful shit i'm used to hearing, this was the PERFECT opponent to clown on for you, disapointed, still was dope was expecting alot more from you

Vote-Lynx, edged him on the punches, and his delivery is just too raw... disappointed though, was expecting ALOT more from spoon and this hsit was spose to be alot closer
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

Parks: That Intro was genius....vibing off this like a motherfucker right now....Dave matthews shit....play with parker....froze ice-cream...reached for the notebook. Everything here was quality shit.

Spoon: beat selection woulda made this closer...You do sound lower than usual, I liked the parks/4th of july line, this was obviously alot more tamer tha your rd1 shit which i thoroughly fucking enjoyed. Just didnt go as hard as parks did when it comes down to it man.

Sick Battle.

Got Parks on this one, both of yall sick rappin ass rappers though.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. Killa B Kilt

Killa B Kilt Member

lynx - i thought the stan intro was a ballsy move cuz it coulda flunked in a corny way but worked for me. the selfie line got me. The 2nd part really displayed your style. good beat choice as said before. packed full of good lines to take the W.

spoon - had some really good rhyme patterns (ie - elmer fudd ) and had some strong concepts but wasn't offensive enough. Interesting unconventional approach.

listening a few times each this was actually closer than i thought
    vote - Lynx
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. Killa B Kilt

Killa B Kilt Member

rich - he said in the beginning the letter was to aesop
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  6. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

this lynx verse is so got damn hard...

beat is tearing up my klipsch speakers...
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. SHITTY Bang Bang

SHITTY Bang Bang freestyle fanatic

both were dope but man parker got this one...

spoon was dope as shit the whole "bastard children" angle and all that was mean but felt like it stung haha

but man parker and them punches

funny @ both having a spoon/drug line oxy or w/e

vote - lynx
    test
  8. KooL La!d

KooL La!d iRock Cafe

Yeah, the thing that gets me is .... Spoon beasted.....but then the beat change and it was like... I 'unno'... wasn't feeling it... but Spoon is by far one of the most versatile MC's on this site... his story telling approach to the GRB's is refreshing and the videos are an added bonus. Yeah, Spoon... felt every line on the first beat... that stuff about doing work in the community/whilst disparaging Parkers' 'gangster' status was clever.... New Years Eve line was dope... solid solid solid stuff..

Free Lynx... wasnt a fan of your intro, but fuck did you ever rip the beat apart afterwards... spoon burning like Hibe... a bunch of quotables here and there, like Spoon's... you kept the fire all the way through... you both certainly had a different away of approaching this, which made it all the more enjoyable....

Overall... a fucking murderous battle... something for the new school generation of "grb-ers" to revel in... with that being said, I got this battle going to Lynx... it wasn't by much tho... and, to be honest with you, had Spoon came with the same approach, same fire, delivery, flow, cadence, throughout his verse - matching the length of the beat switch respectively - in my eyes, it would've been his.

Vote - Lynx
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  9. Taiyamo Denku

Taiyamo Denku W.A.S.T.E.L.A.N.D.S.

Spoon You did ya thang yo .. i love how your verse came in on that 2nd part ... sick shit ... Love the creativity and originality that goes into your style and presence and lyrics .... but FREE LYNX Honestly didnt take you lightly at all he brought his A game for sure this round and I felt he shined hard on his track...probably my fav of the round so far that i heard ... But very dope battle to both ... if you guys get a chance plez drop a vote on my battle...

VOTE / FREE LYNX

http://rapmusic.com/threads/round-2-taiyamo-denku-vs-mc-propaganda.1359520/
    test
  10. Past-one

Past-one ticking time bomb

spoon went in

but linx killed it

vote- lynx

respect to both artists
    test
  11. ENGengENG

ENGengENG victim of power issues

very entertaining battle.

lynx impressed the fuck outta me tho he might fuck around and win the tourney (dont count on it ;)

vote = lynx
    test
  12. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Free-had me dying the whole time. Tomatoe line Duncan/Parker line. Trailers touching. Flow was onpoint

Spoon- I dig the whisper shit it's different. I think you should have stayed on that first beat. Ya lines and flow fell off when you switched.

Vote-Free

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  13. xMetasiNx

xMetasiNx Met-uh-siN

I liked Spoonfull's track more. That run about serving in underprivileged communities and tapping a dude to bust back was fucking amazing... I thought Lynx's version of Stan was pretty fucking corny. Lynx style as far as battling goes is like a hard counter to Spoonfull's, though. As far as punchlines went, Lynx had it by a long shot. It's tough for me to vote for the verse I enjoyed less, but since I have to take into consideration that it's a battle tournament, Lynx gets it.

Well done both of you, and good luck in future endeavors.
    test
  14. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

test
  15. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Lynx: Thank God you got away from the Stan beat to something mean. I woulda been disgusted if you carried that for the majority. But lol at our approach with it. "Even the trailers touching" - lol. "Even the people you bit your style from ain't got a buzz" - nice. He reached for the Notebook like Canibus! Woooooo. Damn, you had madd quotables. You went off, exactly what I expect to heard in a proper battle track. You killed it. Props.

Spoon: Not feeling the beat choice. You have a mellow flow and you chose a mellow beat... In a battle? Need something with energy. This approach just made me want to cry myself to sleep over some depressing shit that's happened. 2nd beat is MUCH better, but I'm listening to this in headphones and there's two of you... Literally... Totally distracting me from your content. Oh man... With that aside, you had clever content, some good punch lines and legit quality.

Overall: Well... Shit. I'm definitely gonna catch hate for this, but Lynx won this off style, approach and delivery alone. Don't get me wrong, Spoon is a crazy creative artist, but this was not the way to approach a battle track in my opinion. Lynx was murderous and sounds ready for finals... Spoon sounds like he made a mixtape track. Just not what I'm looking for when voting. Vote - Lynx.
    test
  16. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

Lynx shit was fucking murderous..

Aggressive but comical... I thought him everything he knows..lol

Lynx came with t style and content wise...

Spoon is a dope artist... Style just not aggressive enough for this shit.

I'd play his music in the backround while I try to seduce one of my Lil sisters girlfriends tho...
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  17. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Rep'ed
    test
  18. Duane Jackson

Duane Jackson Active Member

Lynx - Stan shit was epic in my opinion, think you bodied it, the LP selfies line was crazy, whole thing was just creative and you kept it short so it didnt drag on at all, worked out perfectly. diggin the beat switch, starting strong, trailers touching, black dude, wood like jim duggan (hoooo) lmao, froze ice cream, even the people you bit ya style from aint got a buzz, notebook like canibus, like hibe when he shootin up, you literally going at em every other bar crazy.. let me hear what spoon got

Spoonful - first let me say these videos are always sick, do you just find em last minute? That painting one was amazing, I want more videos like that on my YT playlist lol.. sonnen(in), what you forget is i walk the hood with impunity/underserved communities wooooo that was hard as shit, the beat, the delivery of it.. yooo i gotta check ya music out fam, when you cookin oxy up, on some hiroshima shit.. dropped knowledge in the break, i dig it, thats the truth. second beat is cool, you goin in with it, vocals are low hard to make out much

overall.. both are nasty.. lynx came with a flawless battle though, spoonful had a few punches but the sickest part was his flow, delivery and the knowledge he dropped within his lines at the same time more so than the disses/punches, someone said hes got some albums out already? I need a PM with a link, I'm definitely interested.

vote - lynx
    test
  19. Huey Fig Newton

Huey Fig Newton Rebel-He-Is

Honorable as always.

Send me that mic.
    test
  20. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

Listened to this a couple times earlier

Parker got it, spoon had potential to make this a closer battle and take it as well. He has some dope material and seems he just didn't have the time for it this round. Either way, lynx would have been hard to beat with this audio. He produced some great stuff all around and came a lot nastier than his round 1. He def knows what hes doing.

Would've been great to see you guys collide at full speed, but it is what it is. Good luck to both.

Vote - Parker
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.