Round 2: Free Lynx vs. Spoonful

Discussion in 'GRB - '13 Grand Royal Audio Battle' started by J o o k, Aug 10, 2013.

?

Who won

1. Free Lynx

87.5%
  2. Spoonful

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

GRB - Grand Royal Audio Battle 2013 Rules - Second Round

$1,700.00 up for grab!

- 2nd Round Audios are DUE Monday night August 19th at 11:59 pm EST.
    - Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s).
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be at least 2 minutes.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - NEW RULE: All participants must vote on at least six (6) other battles and post the links to the battles they voted on in their matches using ONE post to do so. If your links are not in by the time the battle closes for votes (Friday 11:59EST) then you will lose one vote for every link missing. YOU MUST LEAVE AT LEAST THREE LINES OF FEEDBACK WITH YOUR VOTE (IN ADDITION TO VOTING ON THE POLL). IF YOU DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK YOU WILL NOT BE CREDITED FOR THE VOTE.- No Comments allowed on battle until both battlers have posted their battle songs. You can also post videos.
    - Aiming for votes or voting rings will not be tolerated. If my team catches wind of such you will be DQ'd without question.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, contact me immediately via PM or Email -Yelp001@gmail.com

Polls will be edited in mid-week (as they are only allowed to be open for seven days due to board settings).
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 2
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. SpoonFull

SpoonFull Lovely

I'm working tirelessly to figure out what the fuck is wrong with this mic and/or preamp. I might end up having to hand you the win, Pete. I'll keep everyone updated.
    test
  3. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

Noo000o0ooo @SpoonFull . I belive ya, guy...but fukkkk
    test
  4. Free Lynx

Free Lynx ®m legend Peter Parker

i wanna win but not like this

i hope u figure it out n time , i know your shit will be tough

goodluck

• +Rep +Rep x 4
    test
  5. ENGengENG

ENGengENG victim of power issues

wow.

lynx man.... wtffffffff...... that shit was crazy
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  6. SpoonFull

SpoonFull Lovely

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  7. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

God damn. Spoonfull... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

fuck.
    test
  8. Jack McCrack

Jack McCrack Somethin I gotta deal wit

Thank god spoonfull got his in!! Oh my god Free Lynx this is one 1 of the funniest GRB tracks i ever heard im fuckin dying im about a minute inI'll vote tmrw.....I have a bitch in the barbados who'll leave ya dick lookin like it got hit by a sharknado lmaooo
    test
  9. TraGiC

TraGiC Recognize Real

Lynx I'm proud of you, you cut back on your wannabe thug lisp

wow
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. TraGiC

TraGiC Recognize Real

spoonful your a nice guy...I always like you as a person...you make great songs...never understood why people always thought you were a top battler though...

you whisper like your mom is sleeping in space next to you behind a sheet...

parker was raw and the first part was funny as shit...

vote - Parker

who thought I'd vote for this guy...

wow
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  11. SpoonFull

SpoonFull Lovely

I typically scream raps at my mom when she's sleeping, but I get what you mean. I love you too, Tragic.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  12. TraGiC

TraGiC Recognize Real

you'll always have a piece of my heart tbh spoonful...

wow
    test
  13. RMCJoey

RMCJoey favian takes selfies

Free Lynx overall.. good showing by both, but Lynx shit was just too swaggerful

vote - Parker
    test
  14. TraGiC

TraGiC Recognize Real

dzk you forgot to vote after your reply

wow
    test
  15. Huey Fig Newton

Huey Fig Newton Rebel-He-Is

Free Lynx - The whole stan spoof was fucking hilarious and creative. Shawshank line. Trailers touching. Parks/Pedophile. Jim Duggin/Tim Duncan. Reached for the notebook like Canibus. Hibe shootin up. Diss less sick/Dyslexic.

Spoonfull - XXX-tee. New years eve line. Ribo Nuke/Hiroshima.

Free Lynx just came with, sounded more aggressive/hungrier and his vocals were clearer than Spoons. Idk why Spoon vocals is still so low or why it sounds like he whispering to the mic from the bathroom but Lynx won in my opinion. Was honestly expecting more from Spoon with this being a more anticipated battle.
    test
  16. double ML

double ML plekz = wannabe thought police

loved spoon's choice of the "oh hail no" beat, but he just didn't sound aggressive enough

lynx's whole stan shit was mad corny tbh

but the rest of parker's track was enough to get my vote, except since he is a fucking bitch made fuckboy, i can't vote on this battle:funny:
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  17. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

I think spoonful came with some witty lines, and slid a little socially conscious wisdom in there some. I liked what he was saying, but it didn't sound all of that difficult to dream up about any generic gentleman from the hood, and the delivery was a bit tame like.

Freelynx, the intro was pretty clever - lil sumthin different. Points for that. I liked your wordplay better than spoon's, punchline for punchline you took this. Both of you guys knew how to rap, props on being able to do that in a battle rap tournament. Cant say the same for everyone in this bitch.

Vote- lynx.
    test
  18. SpoonFull

SpoonFull Lovely

The whispering thing is coming up multiple times, so I figured I would address it:

A) I had my all four wisdom teeth yanked a few days ago.

B) The "issue" I have with this new setup is that I can't fucking rap without the waveform clipping. What's causing it is the throw-away condenser that came with the bundle I bought for my tiny room. So, what I typically do (for battles) is turn the recording volume nice and low and rap loudly from a little under a foot away. Now, if I try that shit, Clip City. So, for both rounds, I had to turn the mic volume from the preamp far too high and rap from like 2-3 inches away and rely on my mixing to do the rest. I bought this bundle for the GRB and an EP I plan on knocking out incrementally in while living in a literal lab (I'm a neuropsych doc student).

I only posted because, as a fan, I hate no shows, Lynx deserves to win the right way, and PG would have never stopped bitching at me for not posting something because it's not my best. Lynx, my vote goes to you and I have you as the winner of the whole shit. What a fucking murderous verse that is. I would love to get a verse from you for my EP once our weekend warrior fun is over. THANK YOU to whomever brought the GRB back and thank you guys for having me. I'll never stop loving this tournament.

PS: if someone wants to charity a mic this way, PLEASE pm me.
    • +Rep +Rep x 12
    test
  19. JOEXXX

JOEXXX .......

Woooo...

I listened to both of these verses like 3 times each.

Lynx - the Stan intro shit was classic.. I fucking love the 2nd beat you used, fit your style perfect. Bars on top of bars throughout. Dope shit.

Spoon - So fucking entertaining.. I love the somewhat passive aggressive bars.. They weren't the typical "You suck" bars, they were more like "I feel sorry for you" bars.. The legitimate/kids line siiick and the Nuke line to end it was perfect.. The beat switch and flow change was nasty as fuck.

Vote - I'm giving my vote to Free Lynx.. I applaud both of y'all for making the only tracks in this GRB I listened to more than twice.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  20. Free Lynx

Free Lynx ®m legend Peter Parker

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.