Round 2: Duane Jackson vs. DZK

Discussion in 'GRB - '13 Grand Royal Audio Battle' started by J o o k, Aug 10, 2013.

?

Who won?

1. Duane Jackson

64.0%
  2. DZK

36.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duane Jackson

Duane Jackson Active Member

I'm just not sure why everyone is saying I'm faceless to downplay the fact I have personals and he doesn't.... I battled odd job before, they're in the same little group

I understand his info is more relative to this board so it's an easier connection but that's not fair to me to be penalized for that, posting here and being well known wasn't a requirement to join the tournament.

I won't post in this thread again, but that shit can't be the reason I lose..
    Working harder for a win should never be a loss.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 4
    test
  2. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Damn, I listened to this at 1 in the morning on the way to work, and I'm listening to it now that I'm home..

Like Trag said, DZK's production always sounds so clean...

But man, I guess I didn't buy the few predictions that Duane would win....but imo, he won this convincingly..

DZK is one of the easiest online personas's to write personals for, mostly because you don't really need to research him. Every personal imaginable has been open to this site for some time...and he's fat.

But I wont take away from Duane's verse, I thought it was 5x better then his first round which he received heat on for being called out as a contender..

Really solid battle, I haven't heard every verse yet, but as a tandom this could be the round of the tourney.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  3. SpoonFull

SpoonFull Lovely

It looks like you're going to win the battle, so I'm not sure what you're defending so vehemently. The discrepancy between the availability of your personal information and his seems to have worked in your favor. I have had to battle enough screen names over the years that I tend to sympathize with DZ's and Engineer's predicaments here, that's all.
    test
  4. xMetasiNx

xMetasiNx Met-uh-siN

:omosalute:
    test
  5. warbux

warbux Robber Dinero

Yo no hate (and my vote probably doesn't count anyway), but I thought dz had far better lines here. Duane can obv spit his ass off, but I legitimately didn't understand a good majority of what I assume were the punchlines. He also seemed to use my name more than his opponent's.

DZ came with the typical thunderous shit and delivered his bars flawlessly. The disparity in available information never even came into play for me.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4
    test
  6. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

You didn't think to mention "Hey my old name was Atom React?" Or were you trying to hide that on purpose or what? You been on this board a long time.
    test
  7. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

You think it would have changed what you dropped or how you prepared if he had disclosed his primary board name?
    test
  8. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

To be honest, its like finding out I battled the wrong person. I know more about Atom React than I do about Duane Jackson.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. Duane Jackson

It was 6 years ago, I personally didn't even plan on interacting I just wanted to battle.. so no I'm not hiding anything, I was in the first round you know..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

Y'all should really PM eachother all this shit and just let the voters vote on the battle itself man.

TBH I took like 2 minutes of my life and checked into the website on Duane's sig and probably seen more about him there then I know about anybody who hasn't battled for 6 years but all that should be irrelevant. His actual name he performs under and does projects under in real life now is Duane Jackson so why would he post under an old ass board alias?

Fuck the politics. Who had a better verse is ALL the people of RM.com should be asking themselves.
    • +Rep +Rep x 4
    test
  11. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

If I had come into this tournament under an alias and my voice wasn't readily recognizable by the board, you wouldn't be a little pissed off I didn't tell you I was DZK? The voters used to crucify people for shit like that in the old tournaments. I mean, I've literally had back-and-forth conversations on this site with you, as Atom React, before. You've battled somebody in my group before.

If you "just wanted to battle" - why didn't you give me the same opportunity you had, by actually telling me who I was battling?
    test
  12. Past-one

Past-one ticking time bomb

holy hell that was a super dope battle

vote - d jackson-
    test
  13. Duane Jackson

I'm not atom react anymore I'm Duane Jackson with the same face, same voice, still live in upstate NY, still have a mole on my forehead, odd job made like 50 posts about me how doesn't he remember me? My mole was his whole first round verse.. Nothing has changed about me but a board name, all you're doing is proving you did no research on me, that's your fault

I apologize to voters for filling the thread, I'm done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747
    test
  14. Free Lynx

Free Lynx ®m legend Peter Parker

This

tapatalk tho
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. SHITTY Bang Bang

SHITTY Bang Bang freestyle fanatic

dzk lost this one....hes dope but he didnt come like he did last round

duane got this he went ham...honestly being atom react doesnt matter to me...i remember the name and thats it....no big history so punchlines about him wouldnt hit for me like that anyway

good luck next round duane.
    test
  16. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Dzk-had some witty punchlines. Flow was good. Ya voice is like sand paper rubbing a cactus.

Duane-flow was dope. Not so many punches but the personals was fire

Vote-Duane

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  17. Duane Jackson

Because if I make it through the whole idea of joining this was to body you live at the end of it

And that's not hate for your vote, I have no issue with your breakdown
    I know you're the one everyone has winning, every time, and I want to put you away live
    • +Rep +Rep x 4
    test
  18. Taiyamo Denku

Taiyamo Denku W.A.S.T.E.L.A.N.D.S.

DZK always liked your rugged style .... Your ish is ILL after seeing the replies and votes from peeps I was like what did he come half ass ... Like this is dope you came nice....

Duane - Yu got dope lines But I dont think your style makes your lines hit hard ... plus this laid back beat dont help nothing either ..

Overall I feel both of you did ya thang ... but I got to give the edge to DZK just cause his whole package in this battle is pretty hard .. Duane you had lines but not all were delivered to make them strong....

VOTE / DZK

Check and vote on My battle if ya'll get a chance ...

http://rapmusic.com/threads/round-2-taiyamo-denku-vs-mc-propaganda.1359520/
    test
  19. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Jesus Christ.... Jesus fukin Christ... I told yall this would easily be the battle of round 2. Wow.

Been going back and forth on this one... Still need more time. Will edit this later with my breakdown and a vote for whichever one of you bribes me with expedited shipments of Oreo's.

.... Jesus fuk, you two. Beastly.

---EDIT---

DZK: Sick beat choice! “You out your league name Duane, Aaron Hernandez” - dope. “hand fed by Eminem and 9 Wu-Tang clansmen” – Lol! Haha @ 5 pound eyebrows needing a crane. “I’d make it get a part time job and pay taxes” *dead*. I luv this shit. You’re style and presentation for this GRB shit is beyond entertaining. Your vocal tone and energy is always murderous. Not a single negative thing to say about this. Absolutely amazing drop.

DJ: Beat choice was decent. Energy is good, but listening to your vocal tone after DZK makes you sound passive. “you the spider of this website, got lines by every post. Yet when the finals come around we never find no rhymes to quote” Woooooow - Fukin murder! Way to quote him while saying he’s unquotable. Lol. “which makes me so uncomfortable that I ain’t got a punch to use” LOL! The “disc won’t play right” segment was clever. “you and Bux try to make it to the finals so you can choke together”… Damn man, you went straight went for the jugular. You threw everything and the kitchen sink at him. I wish you didn’t get all “Noodles” on us with the beat switch, but fukin WOW @ the janitor hanging his towel line. One of the finest tracks in the GRB thus far... Oh, and thanks for almost dedicating this battle to me… I met all requirements except sounding like R2D2.

Overall: Easily the battle of the round, as I predicted last week – You guys didn’t let me down one bit. I tried not to read through all 30 threads that each had 15 pages of drama. Putting all of that shit aside, I had DZK winning this for the first two days. Then I had DJ taking it today, just from all the content… There’s so much of it! However, both of you have failed to meet my request and bribe me with Oreo’s, so I’m left to decide this shit for myself…. DJ had a never ending barrage on material, crazy personals, and a solid set of quotables – 4 minutes of solid material! However, I think DZK is getting my vote. His delivery and audio is just so much more battle oriented. People can hate on this vote if they want, but I vibed with DZK the whole way through and was left wanting more when it finished. This was easily a semi-finals round, and both deserve to be in the finals, Many, many props.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    test
  20. enef

enef voting against DZK in every round.

duane won this pretty easy in my honest opinion
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.