Round 2: DefKnotEmo vs. Pace

Discussion in 'GRB - '13 Grand Royal Audio Battle' started by J o o k, Aug 10, 2013.

?

Who won?

1. DefKnotEmo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pace

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefKnotEmo

DefKnotEmo G.R.G.

I think the problem is I never really battled as much as I'd write for them, and then not show up so I never got to the recording aspect. My battle approach is pretty much clowning on them for things the voter can see, not what they have to look for or already know.
    test
  2. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Pace: Beat has an interesting swag... I like it. Wow @ the blow out your brains in the booth / kill something while hitting record line. Lol @ "try me b". Lol @ "boom bap drums to producing fire... That's a big ass jump". You have a laid back flow, but you somehow incorporate this silent psycho energy that I completely vibe with. Punches were solid, flow was proper, quality was legit. Great drop.

Emo: Good beat choice. Your awkward flow and approach actually helped me enjoy your track and punches. LMFAO @ "lost your v-card at the ripe age of... Not yet. Yo you sleep in a race car bed... And that shit didn't have to rhyme." Wow... Haha @ comparing arm hair? Wtf? Haha. "No, mother nature didn't supply it!" Haha... Holy shit man, your punches are slaying me. Really good work, just wish you didn't rap like Napoleon Dynamite and Jook's love child.

Overall: Emo made me laugh hardcore... Like, a lot. But the presentation is so awkward and amateur. If you could just polish up your delivery I think you'd be really good at this shit. Pace put in work and is clearly the better emcee/battler here. Good shit Emo, but Pace gets the vote for having everything polished up.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. Duane Jackson

Duane Jackson Active Member

pace - got that well put together flow, torture rack, so you can kill somethin well you hittin record, line for winnin this, def not lines was delivered sick, epitaph, thankin god, wooo the talk up to the huge ass jump almost thought you broke off the verse, the way you structuring some of these bars is crazy im diggin it

defnot - LOL @ DID THEY READ N WRITE, YO IM FUCKING DYING OVER HERE... HOLY SHIT!! It wasn't even the read an write part I don't know that whole shit was fucking hilarious in the start, wow.. the abreact part had me fucking dying too, what the fuck man LOL yoooooo i want him to move on just off the strength that he actually made me laugh

but i gotta keep it real lmao.. pace got that, stronger structure, flow, delivery.. defnot was the man tho i gotta thank him for the laugh lol holy shit, if he tightens up the flow and keeps the delivery he could fucking beast hes funny as fuck
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

Def gave a valiant effort. With some more work on the delivery and advancing his material by putting in a little more work, he can do something in these tourneys. It isn't like he doesn't have the format down or know whats needed to win a battle. His audio clearly shows that much. Not to mention hes absolutely hilarious when he wants to be. It just takes time and repetition, alot of it. My best advice would be don't stop here.

Pace however just came stronger, has gotten better over time, and is starting to make that push up the ladder. He came more polished for sure all around. I enjoyed both.

Wish I could give Def a get out jail free card with this one for being the homie, but Pace took it.

Vote - pace

Good luck fellas.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. Maria.

Maria. ****************************

v Pace

Emo, learn how to rap. You could go places
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  6. Punches

Punches a.k.a UH OH

lmaooooo emo kills me...shots fired

Ripe age of never wowwowoow...racecar beds lolll

Just need to get that flow going and you'll be perfect

Pace has some of the dopest schemes man...I think he'd bring it against a top tier tbh

Goood shit
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

pace took this handily, he was better at every basic fundamental of rap. emo, work at it if you care to.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  8. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

Emo has always made me lol. The lines were good, man, but you needed a bit more recording help. Hit me up at dzk666@gmail.com and let me know what your process is and maybe I can give you some tips to improve it for the next GRB. The racecar shit made me lol.

I thought Pace took this overall, just a more solid outing.

The lines were dope in both, though.

v/pace
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. ENGengENG

ENGengENG victim of power issues

racecar beds.. hahahha

while @Defnotemo is my favorite rapper

pace got em.. and pace is also a member of the outsidaz

vote : pace won
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. warbux

warbux Robber Dinero

Emo's shit was hittin but I gotta go w/ Pace here
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  11. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

pace

zimmerman line
    sounds like hypnotiq looks
    athiest thankin god

Lines: god damn ur schemes

emo

Lines:

every one of your dates?
    or did you get it
    when you lose your
    v card
    at the ripe age
    of not yet
    yo you sleep in
    a race car bed

you failed
    to be engineer
    without
    ever flunking
    college
    monster shit was cool
    the sturt little shit made me cry man

Flow: Pace
    Delivery: Pace (Emo sometimes ya shit was defonpoint tho) pace u kinda a bit monotone remind me a bit of engineer
    Punchlines: Pace

Vote: Pace just sounded more comfortable and had the more polished style.. with better enunciation and flow emo could put in some work in these battles
    hes got a very unique approach to battling and i actually laughed the most i have out of any battles so far that clownin shit is cool,
    take it more serious or dont
    either way practice makes perfect.
    test
  12. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

Pace had way better lyrics.

He actually tried so he gets the win, tbh.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  13. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

i voted and got links but im too lazy to post , detract the vote if necessary
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.