Round 2: Buzzooka Joe vs. Past-One

Discussion in 'GRB - '13 Grand Royal Audio Battle' started by J o o k, Aug 10, 2013.

?

Who won?

1. Past-One

28.6%
  2. Buzzooka Joe

71.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Past-one

Past-one ticking time bomb

test
  2. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

Past - Beat is alright, you got an aggressive vinnie paz kind of delivery....lines are good thus far, they hit pretty decent. The noodles and jook reference was funny, the switch up is pretty old school, I dig it. Bandicoot line is ok, popeye line is okay. Overall this was a pretty good showing. Had an old school feel to it.

Joe - This beat made me laugh lol, I forgot about it. You ride it pretty well, lyrics are decent as well. You had some more standout lines in round one, but you brought some good ones in this verse too. Nas is like beat is one of my favorite beats ever, you ride this a lot better. This suits your style a lot better and you're going in much harder. Coke in his video, pigeon toed...horrocore personal is solid, facetime....overall decent lines. Amnesia line was cool.

I thought Joe took this, lyric wise they were similar, but his angles and overall approach hit harder, but this was a good battle overall. I enjoyed it. Good job fellas and good luck.

Be sure to hit our battle if you haven't.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Past- had alot of energy. I like that on again off again flow on this. Harry line was ok. Mary Pop line gotta chuckle. I think you should have stayed on the first beat though

Joe- I member you having a lil more killa in you. Denim line is the only thing that caught me

Vote-Past

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

loved the Wu beat, but you seeming rushed/trying to fit in words spoiled your showing for me

Jo - I feel you could have come a little more aggressive but your solid flow & word play just about got this for you imo

close battle - vote Joe
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. Past-one

thx for the votes
    test
  6. Past-one

lmao a lil gay but ok..hahahhaa
    test
  7. Duane Jackson

Duane Jackson Active Member

past has that rugged voice, i fuck with his style but as far as the battle goes joe came with more angles i was diggin, i think past HAS to make some ill music so im going to checking that youtube out some more and subscribing, but as far this battle joe just had the better shots, both had a flow, both had a delivery, opposite but they worked in what ya'll both tried doing so it came to what angles i felt more and i gotta say joe
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  8. Past-one

deff peep my youtube maybe we could murk a joint
    test
  9. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

FORMAT

past-one

Lines:
    leave em black and blue seeing stars like the logo for the panthers
    back in high school you got less ass then Miley cyrus

Lines:

No punch line there, he was wearing denim shorts
    Yo his coke fiend face stay white like hockey masks
    Taking loads for change he think his mouth a laundry mat
    One thing we all know is, Past is history
    We forgetting all about past like amnesia

Flow: buzooka joe (i dont mind when rappers change up there scheme mid way thru bars but it still fell off a few times for past-one)
    Delivery: past-one buzooka sound too smooth
    Punchlines: buzzooka barely (wasn't impressed by too many lines nothing really stood-out and if it did it wasnt executed as well as it coulda been tbh)

Vote: buzzooka joe
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    test
  10. JOEXXX

JOEXXX .......

• +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  11. Past-one

it works there
    test
  12. DZK

DZK DZKonline.net

I thought Joe won this pretty clearly.

I liked Past-One's shit, don't get me wrong, but the voice sounded a little forced and the punches didn't hit as hard.

Joe paused enough to let you hear the lines and and the denim short shit killed me. Good beat switch, too. I look forward to hearing more of your shit in the upcoming rounds. Good outing.

v/Joe
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  13. JOEXXX

JOEXXX .......

Thanks to everyone who peeped our battle and voted.

@Past-one

Good showing bro.. You've got a cool style, stay up. Look forward to seeing you in the next GRB.
    test
  14. Nahmed

Nahmed Good Business

Past-One reminds me of 1manterra... a lot. He def squeezed syllables in but he never really fell out of pocket. The verse was cool overall but not as much stood out to me bars-wise and I think that's where it could use improvement more than anything.

Joe-
    I seen his video, he was rocking denim shorts

Jokes, past is history, some hit and miss attempts at punches but definitely the bar king in this battle. Like the way you sound on the track, are you from the south or the something?

Vote Joe
    test
  15. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

FORMAT

past-one

Lines:
    leave em black and blue seeing stars like the logo for the panthers
    back in high school you got less ass then Miley cyrus

Lines:

Yo his coke fiend face stay white like hockey masks
    Taking loads for change he think his mouth a laundry mat
    One thing we all know is, Past is history
    We forgetting all about past like amnesia

Flow: buzooka joe (i dont mind when rappers change up there scheme mid way thru bars but it still fell off a few times for past-one)
    Delivery: past-one buzooka sound too smooth
    Punchlines: buzzooka barely (wasn't impressed by too many lines nothing really stood-out and if it did it wasnt executed as well as it coulda been tbh)

Vote: buzzooka joe
    just enjoyed his track more

just a note though everybody doin these textcee type of word play lines that u have to read to get like
    Til he (Rev) Run cause he really ain't bout that Action (Bronson)
    did something happen between those two? i dont get it
    test
  16. JOEXXX

JOEXXX .......

@Nahmed I'm from North Carolina, so yeah I'm southern.. That's why I fuckin love that Juvenile beat I used lol

I hate doing text-cee bars tbh.. But in that particular example that you quoted.. The bar before was about him being from Queens NY so I said "dun", and both Rev Run and Action Bronson are from Queens then after that line I transition to a Nas (also from Queens) instrumental... Nothing mind blowing, but just making some puns on his location.
    test
  17. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

yea i dont give a fuck or understand that shit about that.. you also voted against me both rounds,,, none of my lines were as retarded as that
    test
  18. JOEXXX

JOEXXX .......

??? Chiiiillll bro... I haven't voted AGAINST you yet... I voted FOR Jack and FOR Fraze - I don't vote AGAINST anyone... Not to mention your 1st round was an 11 to 12 decision, so there was obviously no hate there, and your battle this round is 10 to 6 so it's another close one...

Not sure where the hostility came from on your end or why you're keeping tally of who votes for/against you.. But since I seem to have some "retarded" bars that yours are much better than.. why dont we just put up $100 and go bar for bar this weekend? Or do you just want to type about it? Maybe we can get lucky and draw each other next round and put some doe on that?

Voting polls got you feeling some type of way.. some type of way.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  19. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

wtf are u talkin about? i have no issue with you i voted for u both rounds
    im just sayin

everybody has said ive lacked personals and had all filler yet ive had more personals and less filler then all my opponents u know what im sayin.. im just tryna put shit out there even tho ppl doin there thing like ive been doin even tho ive half assed have done shit
    test
  20. Past-one

• +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.