Round 2: Buzzooka Joe vs. Past-One

Discussion in 'GRB - '13 Grand Royal Audio Battle' started by J o o k, Aug 10, 2013.

?

Who won?

1. Past-One

28.6%
  2. Buzzooka Joe

71.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Past-One: Came hungry as hell, I'm definitely digging the energy. I think you're cramming too much content into your lines though. I wish you stretched out the material and let my ears breathe a bit, because your punch-ins started distracting me from your actual punches. Solid track though, I fuk with your style a lot.

Buzzooka Joe: "No punchline there... He was wearing denim shorts" Haha. This battle was cool. I liked your cadence much more than Past-one's, but you don't sound as comfortable on the mic as him. You sound too casual, homie, I vote you bring that raw energy if you advance into later rounds. Your punches registered well with me. Wow @ your outro. Clownin... I lol'ed.

Overall: I listened to each track three times. This was an entertaining battle, and I'm happy yall posted early because I've been fiending for some material since the matches were posted. So props for that. Past came grizzly and out for blood, Buzzooka came with a more "listener-friendly" flow and had plenty of lol's... The win could easily go to either contestant, but my vote goes to Buzzooka Joe for having an more solid track overall. Good show to both!
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  2. TraGiC

TraGiC Recognize Real

i voted for pace...

had better lines, I love how the people that are still in the tourny still have to make sure they are being nice when voting against the other person...worried they will get the hate vote or just not confident with their skills..

honestly tho, looks like Joe gonna win this... u need to up your pen game or get a ghostwriter or you wont make it past the next round...being real with you

wow
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Too bad Pace wasn't battling.

wow
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. TraGiC

TraGiC Recognize Real

Past I meant...you know who I was talking about b...

wow
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  5. Past-one

Past-one ticking time bomb

test
  6. Past-one

no hate against joe but i dont see how i'm losing this .....
    test
  7. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

@buzzooka JOE the track that streams now is the wird of pley one.
    test
  8. Rex Skully

Rex Skully .......

Thanks ill fix it
    test
  9. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

You didn't lose yet brother, have some hope alotta votes to come. But...imo -->

It's because you guys' lines were about equal, and so you lost on account of having to weigh other technicalities:

And look who agreed:

That's how. Flow better, you're a rapper.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. Past-one

lmao
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  11. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Lmao he got ya with that one huh.

I've listened to both verses and will listen again before I drop an official vote.
    test
  12. Past-one

cool and he didnt get me with anything lol except aggitated
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  13. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

I love you boo
    test
  14. RichY RiCh

RichY RiCh f.C.k 4ever

Ehhh alright battle here overall

Past one- you had a decent verse, your flow and delivery came correct, columbine/slaughterhouse lines were nice but aside from that you're punches were really weak and generic, threw in a nice rhyme scheme here and there but wasn't consistent. overall you def have the delivery to go far in this GRB but you're lyrics need a LOT of work to hang in there with bux, spoon, lynx, prop, etc.

Buzzooka Joe- Man, i felt like you downgraded from last round, think lyric wise you came weaker. Flow and delivery were really nice and i liked the emotion you had on this. but man way too much generic punches and fillers. deep cut was alright, but lines like deep sleep like he counting sheep, fast like a cheetah, beef/herbivore, all that shit was wayy too played out and weak.

Vote-Past One, battle was really close and flow/delivery wise i thought they both came really nicely, but it came down to who had the weaker lyrics and joe had more generic and weak lines.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  15. Past-one

thx brother hit the polls
    test
  16. Past-one

more votessssss
    test
  17. Past-one

test
  18. Dizeazed

Dizeazed -Stay crazy!-

Past-one...

My personal 2 cents on what I learned from the last GRB I was in. Don't spam your thread with random remarks and responses, and don't ask for votes - they'll come over time... It's not a good look. Not hate, just sayin what's up.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  19. Rex Skully

Rex Skully .......

test
  20. Taiyamo Denku

Taiyamo Denku W.A.S.T.E.L.A.N.D.S.

PAST - very dope beat to use for this .. I used to freestyle over this ages ago one of my fav WU beats ... Sick Killarmy beat change.... You had some ILL lines on this .. i liked your drop Past ... Dope ish...

Joe .. very different from what PAST dropped you had some lines but this beat does the lines no Justice ... Like Im so annoyed with the first beat It takes away from your lyrics not this beat switch is more like it .. i feel your better part of this is over the 2nd beat ...

Overall i feel PAST came harder in this .. structured and presence of Lines Hit harder ...

VOTE / PAST vote on my battle if you guys can ...
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.