[Round 2] 5. Fairydance2000(1-0) vs 10. Muti(1-0)

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

[​IMG]

VERSUS DUE: Every Friday @ 11:59 PM EST
    LINE LIMIT: Minimum of 16 lines, Maximum of 64
    ** NO RECYCLING, NO EXCEPTIONS **
    •Recycling is the equivalent to that of a no-show and will be treated as such, thus resulting in a loss in favor of the participant whom chose to recycle and a win in favor of his/her opponent
    •Extensions may only be granted if a moderator has given consent prior to a verse being posted in the match OR your opponent gives his consent. Failure to acknowledge an extension request results in it being granted.
    •If granted, the extension will override deadline for both participants extending it for no more than 24 hours
    •CHECK-INS are encouraged, but not required
    •Verses MUST incorporate AT LEAST 1 of the provided topics or pictures
    •A failure to show will result in a loss and a sign out by default. A no show in the tourney will result in elimination.
    •If your opponent fails to show, you MUST STILL post AT LEAST 4 lines (4-15) AND 3 voting links in order to claim victory. A failure to post voting links will result in a loss.
    •A Championship Title WILL NOT be decided by way of no-show!!!
    •If an opponent fails to show in a Championship match, the remaining participant will be ranked as the number 1 seed, but will not be considered a Champion until a win by vote
    •Upon your second no show, you will be suspended for two weeks of competition. A third no show will result in a three week suspension and a fourth will result in a suspension for the remainder of the season. There is no suspension for first time no showers.
    • Competitors are limited to posting 3 times in their own match, which allows for checking in, posting votes, and posting a verse. For each post over 3 unless deemed necessary by the mods, the competitor will be docked one vote.
    • Each competitor may only post once in another competitors battle allowing for a vote and nothing more, if you would like an explanation or to explain as to why a vote was cast a certain way, you can pm them or point things out properly in the vote to begin with. Violating this will result in losing a vote in your match.
    • A verse can be edited if and only if it is the first verse to be posted and the other verse has yet to be posted or it is the second verse posted and a vote has yet to be received.
    • Members found constantly disruptive to the league will have their sign-in ignored.

VOTING

VOTES DUE: Every Monday @ 8:59 PM PST

•You MUST vote on AT LEAST 5 matches AND post links in your thread
    •EACH link NOT POSTED will result in a 1 vote DEDUCTION
    •Voting on the Championship and Contender matches is mandatory
    •Champ and Contender links MUST be labeled accordingly
    •Your votes MUST be AT LEAST 2 FULL lines in length per verse in order to be deemed valid (Discretion given on incomplete verses)
    •Failure to vote and/or post LABELED LINKS will result in vote deductions in your battle
    •If your opponent fails to show, you are still accountable for voting on 3 matches as well as posting those links in your match!!!
    •Voting is open until matches are closed. Deadlines are flexible!!!
    •Voting is open to PARTICIPANTS, RSTL MODERATORS, and PAST CHAMPIONS ONLY!!!
    •PAST CHAMPIONS MUST vote on a MINIMUM of 3 matches in order to be counted as a legitimate voter
    •Editing your vote for any reason must be done within the hour of the original post time. Otherwise, the vote will be null and void.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Any changes must be agreed upon by both participants and cleared by a moderator

MODERATORS ARE LAW OF THE LAND
    AIM NAMES
    T.a.C- thedude8125
    ShadowWarriorfs- ShadowWarriorfs
    test
  2. Muti

Muti I just write

I wish you well
    test
  3. fairydance2000

fairydance2000 don't wait, Procrastinate

thank you , and I you.
    test
  4. Muti

Muti I just write

test
  5. fairydance2000

test
  6. fairydance2000

[​IMG]
    White Death
    The late 1800’s white death fills the air
    Tuberculosis is rampant, the economy in disrepair
    The number of deaths increases each day
    People dying or dead the smell of rancid decay
    Waverly hills sanatorium was quickly erected
    To house the insane and then the infected
    In their attempts to control and cure the white death
    Hundreds would perish and be laded to rest
    Even the workers were not safe from the plague
    How many had been infected, the documents vague
    But one of the nurses who had worked the fifth floor
    Has a story told by her family and it seems to endure
    The test of time and is still told today
    About a conscientious nurse and her final days
    Nurse Emily Scott was like a fresh breeze
    Tending the sick that had Sercombe to the decease
    Her smiling face and her happy demeanor
    Calmed the sick and the schizophrenia
    She would play the piano that was in the game room
    Tickling the ivories and tapping out a tune
    Well respected by everyone she had care for
    Even the depraved isolated on the fifth floor
    To everyone’s dismay on a cold solemn day
    Nurse Scott took her life using a surgical knife
    The truth may have been twisted and a little hazy
    The story goes she was rape buy a patient and was expecting a baby
    The labels attached to an unwed mother
    Would bring shame and rumors one after another
    While trapped in the morbid depths of despair
    She took her life while reciting the Lord’s Prayer
    Over 100 Years have now past the sanatorium empty
    Stories are told and rumors a plenty
    Lights would shine from the windows late at night
    Strange noises emanating from Waverly Hill's burial sight
    More time has passed and so the story is told
    People would visit and hope to behold
    The ghosts that are said the walk through the halls
    A woman that plays the piano and passes through walls
    The notes of the music swirled through the air
    Many people have heard it they search for answers that are not there
    They continue to come to hopefully witness the apparition
    A glance of the nurse or hear her musical composition
    Waverly hills still stands empty today
    People continue to flock there in hope to hear nurse Scott play

test
  7. Muti

Muti I just write

The greenest grass grown, in-between four streaming rivers
    Spoke into existence, without resistance carefully delivered
    Created with agape love, such tenderness came with perfection
    Only could smile when completed, known to be done with affection
    Free to roam, and could partake in every desire but one
    Giving authority over every living thing, being that he was the first son
    A tree filled with fruits, others would match its taste
    Living without a care in the world, only if he kept his faith
    Paradise for one, able to name and describe every living creature
    Just imagine being the only student, with God as your teacher
    To look towards the sky, where heaven was your limitation
    Imagine your perfect scene, better than any Caribbean vacation
    The Spirit hovering over the waters of the earth
    Accompanied through dust, bringing in a Holy birth
    Born after the seventh day, a fresh breath of life
    It was better to have a helper, from his flesh came the first wife
    Everything created well, only the serpent made more cunning.
    Instead of taking the time to listen, they should have been running.
    Being deceived to eat of the fruit, good and evil became of knowledge
    Maybe that’s the reason education is being preached, everyone needs college
    First river, first animal, first love, first tree, I wish I could have seen the first smile
    First sin, first non-compliance, first disobedience all came from the first child

First Child
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Fairy - ok...i had issues with the wording in this. Lines like "People dying or dead the smell of rancid decay" read awkwardly then there were lines like "Hundreds would perish and be laded to rest" that seemed a bit redundant. Besides that, i enjoyed this. I'm happy you shortened your lines and fixed the flow. The story moved along nicely and wasn't a boring read. good work here.

Muti - I really loved how you used your words.. Words like 'agape love' brought different type of love that people don't really use much outside of the bible. however, i felt like you were missing a lot of depth for me. You vaguely described the creation of life from a biblical standpoint. You have to be careful with writings like this because Atheist tend to hate these types of stories. Still i enjoyed this.

V/ Fairy for having a complete story
    test
  9. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

vote = Fairy

Fairy - If you would count the syllables in your lines you'd see why your flow was off. Your wording is really awkward at times. The story was fairly original though. You definitely touched on a topic that you either read up on or looked into and it was fairly refreshing. Also a nice way to incorporate the picture.

Multi - These lines were stretched and the story didn't go anywhere. It seems like the verse was wider than it was long and it just read as such a stretched and undeveloped verse. This needed a lot more development to the story to hold any weight in this tournament.
    test
  10. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

fairydance.
    nice haunting piece, fit well with the picture you used too. always saw that photo to be pretty haunting, and you pulled it off pretty well with nurse scott. there was no real rhymes that stood out to me though, which isn't a bad thing, just means as a whole piece in its entirety, it was pretty solid.

muti.
    absolutely loved the fucking topic you chose for the title "first child". didn't ever think to relate it to adam, and i wish oh so badly i wish you used alot more scripture passages to make this piece alot more solid. it's about the ancient adam and eve story, but the words you used weren't really ancient at all. despite that i really like the story, and the way i read it probably meant that i didn't find the verse outstretched as some others did.

my vote.
    would've loved to give this vote to muti, but he didn't really go through with the story as well as i thought he would. but that's not to take anything away from the quality of fairy, both nicely done. vote goes to fairy.

:numaan:
    test
  11. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Fairy's story was much better developed to me, and that's the most important thing usually. If the story doesn't go anywhere, it's not going to entertain the reader. Add in stretched out lines, and I feel Fairy got this quite comfeterbly.

Vote: Fairy
    test
  12. Tacky Jones

Fairy - I feel like I've heard this story before on ghost hunters lol. it was very similar to one i saw on there. anyway, this was a really good story. the issue i had with this verse was the rhymes disappeared at one point. demeanor/schizophrenia dont rhyme. but i liked the shorter lines in this verse.

Muti - to me, this was too short to really develop the idea that you were going for. it seemed like you just breezed through it. Also towards the end your lines started to get really stretched. I did however like your vocab. The story itself kind of bored me since it wasnt really a topic I'm in to.

vote- fairy
    test
  13. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

Fairy...seriously, who raps about tuberculosis...and does it well..you i suppose, i mean, there's really no criticism here to give, other than the blue font, i didn't like that. but yea, that was a pretty on point piece there

and Muti...i really liked how you twisted the first child thing a little to a creationy like thing, at the beginning i wasn't gettin' into it, but you managed to keep my attention throughtout, the rhyming was sorta mediocre, not bad, but yea, decent job all around

vote = fairy
    test
  14. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Fairy wins 6-0
    test
  15. Tacky Jones

Fairy wins 6-0
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.