Round 1 Updated Mock NFL 2006 Draft W. Culpepper Brees Signings

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by tharealist23, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-Arsenal

TK-Arsenal beastin'

everyone knows cutler has talent, but hes more of a project than lienart... and by footwork not just how he moves in the pocket, how he steps up to throw, 3 step drops, 5 step drops, etc... thats part of his mechanics which aren't the greatest... yes hes got a cannon for an arm, yes he played for a shitty team and was an option QB early in his career... we konw all this... im not taking anything away from cutler... and ima dolphin fan, i been known about cutler, i konw a lot about this QB class cause thast been what i thought our teams focus would be in this years draft.... i wanted cutler back when he was projected as a 2nd round pick...

he can be a great player, but he needs more coaching than lienart, thats for sure... dont be confused by his big arm, lots of guys have had big arms but cant put it all together...

and i hate all this talk about easy schedule Pac-10/SEC blah blah... USC played against 6 ranked teams this season, vanderbilt played 3... and you can fault leinart all you want for being on a good team, but you cant assume he would suck elsewhere, you cant assume cutler would have done any better on USC... that just makes you look dumb... stick with the facts, stick with the game films and go from there, not retarded assumptions that cant be proved either way...
    test
  2. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

What was Lienart's record vs top 20 defenses?

0-1

That should give you an idea of how he's had it made.... with that roster and playing absolutely no defenses...

Like I said, Lienart wont be bad... But cutler won't need the pampering that Lienart is going to demand. In order for Lienart to be good, he's going to need a peyton manning atmosphere.... great line.... no contact.... 10 seconds to read through progression. That's all he's accustomed to.

Cutler's just as accurate as Lienart. Cutler simply didn't have

1. Time to throw the ball like lienart.
    2. people to throw the ball to like lienart.
    3. nobody as a threat in the backfield.

Cutler in USC = 2005 NCAA champions.
    test
  3. TK-Arsenal

TK-Arsenal beastin'

you mean the top 20 defense in texas that leinart passed for almost 400 yards? and i guess the past two years dont mean anything either with what he did?

but fuck it, you seem to be on cutlers dick for whatever reason you want... it dont matter, im not even that big on leinart but its retarded to start faulting him for his schedule or his teamates... hes done what he has to do his whole college career... he cant control that other shit...

yeah cutler played some tougher defenses and has looked pretty bad in a lot of those games... he was absolutely horrible against LSU and georgia this past year... like real bad... but he is a good QB i dont wanna make it sound like i dont like him, but hes much more of a project than leinart thats for sure...
    test
  4. tharealist23

tharealist23 The Next Chief

I can't wait till Leinert meets that Bears Defense... its gonna be rough
    test
  5. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

If you put up that many points and still lose, it's not your fault. It's the defense's. C'mon man. How about that vaunted Oklahoma defense the year before?
    test
  6. Ed E Brock

lol @ much more of a project....

You guys are fucking retarded...

You'd take a DIV I college kid playing with a middleschool team VS pop-warner kids for 4 years... (of course winning... wtf else is he going to do in that situation?.... He didn't earn shit.)..... over a guy that's playing with popwarner talent vs DIV I talent.... but put up great numbers?

What can I expect? You're the same morons that don't believe peyton manning chokes every season. You don't think his success is due to the 300 first round draft picks surrounding him, nor one of the best backs in the league selling his play action... nor the offensive line that gives him 10 minutes to pass...

Jay Cutler in Vanderbilt = David Carr in Houston.... but Cutler still did well.

Matt Lienart at USC = Peyton Manning in Indy.... Of course he looks good now. But wait till he has to do it on his own...

as the days go by more and more scouts continue to slide toward the idea that Lienart was a product of the system. Did you guys see the fucking throws this guy was making in college?.... LOBS.... they'll be picked off constantly in the nfl. Touch is one thing... having zero zip is another.

I still find it funny that Norm Chow hasn't said one good thing about the guy since leaving USC. He must not be too impressed.
    test
  7. TK-Arsenal

TK-Arsenal beastin'

or hes smart and your a dumbass... why would anyone from tennessee say anything about who they want to pick? that would be the dumbest thing they could do... because then another team who might want that same player knows that they'll have to jump them to get that player...

which situation would be smarter for the titans to get who they want?

situation A... chow and the titans talks about how good cutler is, how impressed he is with him, etc... jets below them think, well maybe they wont take leinart if they like cutler so much and we can get him, Jets stand pat and titans take matty boy...

or situation B... chow and titans talk up leinart and make it pretty apparent that they want him... jets decide shit well we want him too, we'll have to jump the titans and trade with a now eager to trade down partner in the saints and the jets take matty boy...

especially with mangini on the jets hoping to get the QB most comparable to tom brady in leinart...

but even if its not about leinart, you never want to tip your hand at who you might pick near the top of the draft... its just asking for another team who wants that same player to try to make moves to get him...
    test
  8. Ed E Brock

I know how smokescreens work.... I also know that most GMs say smokescreens are all in the imagination of the fans....

and usually, they are.

Guess what the titans did last year?... They drafted one of 2 guys that EVERYONE knew they would. So did just about everyone else...

lol

Chow didn't know they'd have a shot at lienart.... even so, he could compliment the kid. "Yeah, he's a good quarterback"... that simple. What'd he do.... "He's got a weak arm"... lol... and that was it. This was more than a year ago....

I guess this explains why they didn't talk about Pacman Jones last season (they did) and constantly badmouthed Andre Woolfolk in 2002 (they didn't) and acted like they didn't want Jevon Kearse in 1999...lol

C'mon...

Everyone know they're picking QB... it's not clear nomatter what. I'd bet they pick cutler, but who knows... Lienart may fit the system. Quick short passes... dink and dunk.... boring offense that takes no talent to run, just a decent qb. If that's the case... i'd rather just draft defense and go with Volek or someone as QB.
    test
  9. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

arent u the one that said cutler didnt have weaknesses??

i like how u completely avoid every time i make u stupid and point out your wrongs

im still waiting for u to explain how cutlers doesnt have bad mechanics even though the SCOUTS report says different

verb >>> you

atleast he knows when to shut up
    test
  10. double ML

double ML Guest

lmao@"boring offense that takes no talent"

offense that works is what teams are lookin' for

a drive full of 4 or 5 yd gains still scores the same amount of pts that an 80 yd hail mary pass does
    test
  11. TK-Arsenal

TK-Arsenal beastin'

ed im not saying its a smokescreen... im saying they would be smart not to say anything about lienart either way if thats who they are hoping to draft...

and last year you guys had lots of holes and it was assumed youd take a corner yes, but it coulda been antrel rolle, it coulda been pac man, shit it coulda even been carlos rogers, so it didn't really matter...

and im talking about in a top 5 situation... you cant really help shit whe nyour picking at 8 if your guy is taken before you... but if your sitting at 4 and you want one player, bad, and you know another team is going to take that player you can make a move up to 2 or 1... moving from 8 to 2 or 1 is gonna take waaaay to much compensation...

all im saying is dont expect chow or the titans to say much about lienart either way if thats who they want, thats all... and dont be surprised if they take someone who they really didn't say shit about when the draft comes...
    test
  12. swif

swif In a meeting with ya girl

i still think its fucked up how they did vince young those score werent even suppost to be made public.
    test
  13. Ed E Brock

^haha... His dumbass shouldn't be allowed to be in public.

Yeah, it could be smokescreens tk.... nobody knows till draft day. Reese actually claims to like Lienart better than Cutler, he just can't name the reasons to like Lienart better than Cutler...

Either one suits me, but Lienart and Aaron Rodgers are one in the same I feel....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.