Round 1: SiegeSupreme vs. Spoonful

Discussion in 'GRB - '13 Grand Royal Audio Battle' started by J o o k, Jul 29, 2013.

?

Who won?

1. SiegeSupreme

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Spoonful

25 vote(s)
    89.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

sp0on got this in an obv win.

siege, hit the record button 3x a week bro. put in work.
    test
  2. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

Spoonfulls style is retarded to me...pupils running.....always loved the spoonfull adlib "Settle down couusin".............this is just so fucking mean...Lyrically, flow, deliv, this is so clean..im bobbing like a motherfucker...beautiful.

Siege this wasnt bad at all to me...It's obvious you can flow, you're delivery is solid (can improve)....And you're pretty fundamentally sound.....im from the "im not a rapper" school (as is spoonfull), listen to some more rap, if you plan on doing this next time,listen to the spoonfulls, warbux's, engineers in the tourney and see what they do and it apply that shit next time..You're not bad at all, just the beat didnt work for me, and the cadence didnt work for me..you gotta sound like an asshole in these things.

vote - Spoon
    test
  3. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

What an unfortunate draw by Siege......Spoon was just too much....everything about his verse was on point.
    test
  4. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

I just listened to Spoons full verse and didn't hear a damn thing said because that video had me zoned in...

2nd try....

lmao@save his dzk poster. Spoon's going to be the hardest person to knock off in this tournament imo, everything is put together so well...

actually not a bad verse siege, I read a few comments about never recording...wasn't bad though.....lmfao@ the 1:40 seconds interlude..
    test
  5. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. What would have been different if it wasn't a "no show verse" @Siege Supreme ?

Vote - Spoonful
    test
  6. KooL La!d

KooL La!d iRock Cafe

Spoonfull... digging the subtle nod to NapsNDredds there at the beginning. Don't think many people can recall that set up from his battle with Ben Official from 05.

Real smooth flow, delivery, and overall cadence. Digging the video, too. Like how it meshed with the vibe of the track. "Run back and save your DZK poster" lol... didn't catch much other quotes, but it was still a dope battle verse.

Siege...

Still got some work to do. The material was good, but the other stuff were sort of 'meh' in comparison. Decent bars and jabs at his expense, but it didn't much equate to the overall performance. Still, a good effort. You had a hard round 1 pill to swallow...

Vote - Spoonfull

dope verse, as always...
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  7. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

siege was cool man , Mr. Feeney, stick to playing the fence lmao was cool

spoon killed this tho , most saw this coming

siege put up a decent battle tho , but spoon came with it as usual

vote spoon
    test
  8. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

Seige, you got some potential. You had a decent approach. If I were you, I would work on recording as much as possible and get some more experience. You'll be surprised at how quickly you can improve.

Spoon - Definitely a more unique approach to the battle. It was almost like a song/storytelling mode kind of vibe. Got meaner as it went on. Definitely solid.

Gotta go with spoon on this one. Good luck to both of you.
    test
  9. SpoonFull

SpoonFull Lovely

test
  10. xddrx

xddrx sugabezy

i voted for spoonful
    test
  11. xddrx

xddrx sugabezy

since i was told i need to give an expo here ya'll go
    supreme sound "commercial" some like that sound but ima lover of the underground - a few of his lines where pretty good but all in all it didn't sound like he even tried to win but just show up

spoonful - this guy was dope, different but dope. now im being honest here but it didn't sound like this guy tried either but he was still amazing - thats crazy right? i am now interested in hearing more of his material - he had an amazing delivery and altho it was slow tempo and didnt strike me as a battle drop he had some lines that were menacing

even tho i'd hate to see his name next to mine in a future round this guy clearly won hands down MVGT:spoonful
    test
  12. Huey Fig Newton

Huey Fig Newton Rebel-He-Is

@SpoonFull

"Have his pupils running like its columbine"

"Text rapper is just poetry for macho guys"

"Say lyrical at some point"

@SiegeSupreme

"Crack spoons addicted to blow"

Firstly, I wanna say to Siege - I came from text over to actually recording years ago and it wasn't easy for a while so I definitely give respect for you not sounding horrendous.

I feel like Spoon was just more well put together. I wasn't really a fan of the delivery route Spoon chose but it worked for the tracks. I think if Siege delivery aggressive and flow was more precise it could've been an interesting battle. Spoon came with the best overall track so he gets my vote.
    test
  13. Blackanese

Blackanese BlackaneseCantRap.com

spoon - shit you havent rapped in a while tho??? you murdered my dude...nice first round, very very polished verse

siege - you had some bars, but your delivery fell a bit during some lines..crack spoons line was ill tho haha...

i have to go with spoon because he was way more polished
    test
  14. Jack McCrack

Jack McCrack Somethin I gotta deal wit

I'm a huge spoonfull fan and he's easily one of my favorite artists period. Drawn with an Eraser got me thru a rough stretch of life and when things got even worse Keep the Change came out and really left a lasting impression on me. Anything spoon puts out I buy/support he's a true talent. Only other person I can think of who puts as much heart into their music is Hibernation. However, this is a BATTLE and although spoon went in, I felt like Siege Supreme was getting at him a little harder. It seems like Siege put some serious work in on this 1 w/ the Research (rhymesayers, etc.) whereas I didn't see Spoon doing the same thing even tho spoon was stylin' on him a little. My votes gonna go to Siege even tho Spoon is obviously more polished & probably a finals seed. Awesome job to both of y'all. I'd be interested in seeing you guys check my battle vs The K3 .Jack McCrack Epidemic.
    test
  15. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.