Round 1: Ribo Nuke vs. Free Lynx

Discussion in 'GRB - '13 Grand Royal Audio Battle' started by J o o k, Jul 29, 2013.

?

Who won?

1. Ribo Nuke

19 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. Free Lynx

20 vote(s)
    51.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Free Lynx

Free Lynx ®m legend Peter Parker

test
  2. double ML

double ML plekz = wannabe thought police

ribo had a dope beat, which definitely helps in this battle shit

much better flow too

loved that dead links/mega upload line

and did anyone else catch ribo's little shot at dzk? :scared:
    test
  3. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 22)

Welcome, guests.

Feel free to register!
    test
  4. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

Holy shit this was dope af.

Ill have to listen to this a few times.
    test
  5. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

parks: i posted a beat down...voice is made for fucking rap...came through the window....stunt dummmy....loving this shit right here. Deltron beat, one of my faves...lol@ portland rap..text battle....I gotta fuck with this beat, u reminded me how ill that shit is

ribo: threats beat. moth/light. teeny boppers/bikini bottoms....low key/loki......dead links....alot of good multis...Flow slipped like maybe once throughout but you cleaned up good....hmmm...

this is a really close battle...And i think it boils down to just a style preference as content wise I have them pretty even..

I vote based on first listen..

And i felt Free Lynx more than I did Ribo just from a listening point of view.

Please start posting your lyrics so that people can follow and pick up shit on the first listen.

vote- Lynx
    test
  6. KooL La!d

KooL La!d iRock Cafe

Yeah, Ribo's sick as hell, and got some nice ass lines, but I felt where he failed, and Free Lynx exceeded, was directivity. Most of the former half of Ribo's verse seemed like a bunch of filler - granted, it was written flawlessly - but it sort of kills the vibe a bit. Commend you on the energy tho. With better production you'd be a beast, bet. Shit load of quotables from both sides that I wouldn't both exhaust myself getting into.

Free Lynx, I don't know.. like Warbux, and some other guy said about DZK, it sounds like you aged 20 years since the last GRB's... voice gritty ass mofo... I like it. You came in swinging. You and ribo both had incredible verses, delivery, and so forth, but you came a more for his head than anything. Straight to the point which grabbed my attention. Production was smooth. Presence was cool. Overall, a great showing. Don't take offence to this, but your whole swag on this tracks screams Hibe to me.

So yeah, Ribo wasn't far off, but Lynx was going for it. And going for it.

Vote - Lynx
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  7. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Make sure you guys hit the poll button.
    test
  8. Past-one

Past-one ticking time bomb

hard to judge both had dope flows

lunx beat choice was super dope\

that dead lynx line was dope

vote./lynx
    test
  9. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

This is tough. I think Ribo had the better punches overall, but Lynx had the better presence and cadence. Listened to both verses 3 times and Im giving the slight edge to Ribo because at the end of the day this is a battle and I feel that the quanitity and quality of productions should be taken into account slightly more than production capabalities

Vote/ Ribo
    test
  10. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

this
    test
  11. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

ok... gotta listen a second time, lol...
    test
  12. Newportz

Newportz Bang Bang

Lynx has a good sound quality to his voice, but on re-listen you did seem to take the kid lightly...

zelda backwards/ dead lynx like megaupload/18 holes in links like a course in scotland...a lot of nice lines

I'm not a huge fan of Ribo's voice, but it's not intolerable, it's just after listening to Lynx who naturally has one of the better voices in the tournament it took me a little to settle in...

I'm giving a slight nod to Lynx at the moment, but I'll cast my vote in the poll later, need to listen one more time
    test
  13. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

Track for Track, Free Lynx had a much more listenable style - It isn't hard to note that he has a much doper delivery than Ribo. They aren't even close in that department. Lynx is way more comfy as a rapper.

Ribo had tons of bars, over and over, but it got repetitive and the reverb thing you mixed with got annoying.
    I didn't like how Ribo's track felt like it followed a formula, while Lynx surprised me with clever enunciation.

The multis are always nice to use, but forcing rhymes like "lennon, john" is shit I got called out on over the yesteryears, rightly so, and what goes around comes around. Don't sacrifice the delivery for the bar!

"when they say you raped the beat, they mean your flow is forced" - FL

That was spot on critique, to me.

I think Ribo is going to be a problem, IN THE FUTURE, should he focus on rapping. Right now, he's got all the makings but needs to polish up and write bars that are focused on dealing max damage and not focused nearly purely on rhyme scheme.

Vote - Free Lynx
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
    test
  14. SHITTY Bang Bang

SHITTY Bang Bang freestyle fanatic

^^^ on cards that he loosed?
    test
  15. RichY RiCh

RichY RiCh f.C.k 4ever

ribo- dope shit, lotta good punches, mega upload was really sick, delivery and flow were nice but nothing outstanding

lynx- raped the beat, flow was forced was fucking dope, one of the sickest deliveries in the grb, lol idk why but you sound just like hibe in the last part

this was really close, ribo had the better punches and written material, but lynx edged it with his delivery, idk how to explain but his shit just sounded better
    vote-lynx
    test
  16. GarciaVega

GarciaVega Razor Ramon

this shit was nuts.. ive known ribo been tight for years... the last grb he had an ill diss to odd job I always remembered that snorting a rail the size of the Oregon trail line lol

ribo kills it on the low for real. his writing is impeccable..hes mad under rated...

on the flip side lynx style just is so fucking raw. hes just super polished in an effortless way. he had some dope disses and overall I was feeling his track more. its a shame losing ribo early in this thing tho cuz hes so dope...

but I gotta give my man lynx the nod
    test
  17. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

free lynx :

easier then ojs sister had me diein thats cold bruh northwest line was dope too

ribo nuke: dead lynx like megaupload zelda backwards lines were too of my favourite name flips this round so far

typically i like a more polished track and flow in a battle which usually takes my vote based on that but ive been a fan of ribo nukes style cause its unorthodox but nice and although free lynx is more polished i think he underestimated his opponent who came with some really good punches and some of them were pretty damn funny..

vote ribo nuke

lynx if u make it in the next round just hit em harder ull for sure go far in this cause u got a dope sound

ribo if u make it next round also need to get rid of some of that nonsense filler if u know what i mean it sounds good but it meant nothin and just polish that flow that fell a bit at points
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    test
  18. xddrx

xddrx sugabezy

i voted for ribo nuke
    test
  19. xMetasiNx

xMetasiNx Met-uh-siN

Ribo's verse was aight, but he for sure bit the "great white with a mouth full of steak knives" bar from somebody else on this site. Can't believe nobody else caught it, but it is what it is...

Vote-Lynx
    test
  20. Nahmed

Nahmed Good Business

Lynx over that second beat killed it. Something about it remind me of 50 but better. Make me want to do a track w/ you pause

Ribo Nuke. Quality was shit, good internal rhyme schemes, I appreciate that. I edge the bars and schemes to Ribo, just more there, but edge everything else to Lynx and lynx had bars too

Will relisten to vote but it's close
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.