Round 1: Ribo Nuke vs. Free Lynx

Discussion in 'GRB - '13 Grand Royal Audio Battle' started by J o o k, Jul 29, 2013.

?

Who won?

1. Ribo Nuke

19 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. Free Lynx

20 vote(s)
    51.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

GRB - Grand Royal Audio Battle 2013 Rules - First Round

$1,700.00 up for grab!

- 1st Round Audios are DUE Monday Night August 5th at 11:59 pm EST.
    - Theme: up to 2-3+ Minutes must be about your opponent(s).
    - You must mention their BOARD name(s). Must be at least 2 minutes.
    - YOU MUST post using your board name that is registered to the match. Others will be DQ'ed.
    - NEW RULE: All participants must vote on at least six (6) other battles and post the links to the battles they voted on in their matches using ONE post to do so. If your links are not in by the time the battle closes for votes (Friday 11:59EST) then you will lose one vote for every link missing.
    - No Comments allowed on battle until both battlers have posted their battle songs. You can also post videos.
    - Aiming for votes or voting rings will not be tolerated. If my team catches wind of such you will be DQ'd without question.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, contact me immediately via PM or Email - Yelp001@gmail.com
    test
  2. Free Lynx

Free Lynx ®m legend Peter Parker

test
  3. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

i'll have it done within 10 minutes
    test
  4. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

test
  5. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Got damn man.. I don't think anyone wants to vote on this first.

But holy fuck. One thing I want to say is that whoever loses, I want to invite you to the second round if we get a lot of no shows.

Free Lynx - you raw bro, your delivery was nice and your presence was there. I think your material could have use more thought.

Ribo - I pretty much don't have shit to say to you beside maybe slowing down to let nigguhs catch your punches b.

I think Lynx slept on this nigguh and got ate b :chefoooh:

vote - ribo
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  6. SpoonFull

SpoonFull Lovely

Nuke, you're actually a very good rapper tbh. As far as the first round "dudes I've never heard of" crowd, you may be my favorite. A) get a better recording setup. You can get a decent bundle for $200 online. B) You seemed to have rushed your track a little in terms of letting some sloppiness go that you may have otherwise fixed had you spent some more time on it. With that said, you would have been a contender for a lot of these first rounders but you got a tough opponent dude. When I run into battles like this, I have to remind myself that it's a RAPPING competition and although Nuke may have had MORE punches, I've got to go with quality over quantity. v-lynx
    test
  7. DefKnotEmo

DefKnotEmo G.R.G.

Free Lynx-Wow at the whole shit but god damn@ easier then Oj's sister. God damn the second beats whole build up flow was monsterous. Wow old navy jeans. mom in thesaurus ass lmfaooo. Choke yourself to death. Good shit

Ribo Nuke- Love this beat. Good flow. Alot of this shit sounds like filler. Im not really feeling this at all man its like aesop rock battling. Dead links like megaupload was dope. Break a rusty chain.

Vote- Free Lynx
    test
  8. Taiyamo Denku

Taiyamo Denku W.A.S.T.E.L.A.N.D.S.

Ribo ... You were definately dope .. had lines , had delivery , definately think Lynx wasnt expecting you to be as dope as you were , but I still fel the ruggedness and full package thing I got to go with Lynx like the presence and how his lines hit and impacted with the beat played off well enuff to get the W ... but both dope ...:)

VOTE / FREE LYNX
    test
  9. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

Ribo had all type of bars man but Lynx is just more polished and his shit was fire from front to back. Listen-ability and the ease at which he does it kinda separates the two a little, IMO. Ribo surprised the hell outta me though being as that I've never heard or heard of him.

This is a dope battle, fellas. Props to both.
    test
  10. Duane Jackson

Duane Jackson Active Member

Can't vote yet.. only through a few battles, this is my favorite so far, both did their thing both different styles.. ill be back
    test
  11. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

dope verse lynx
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. Free Lynx

Free Lynx ®m legend Peter Parker

same bro your shits fire too
    test
  13. RMCJoey

RMCJoey favian takes selfies

Enjoyed Lynx more.. good showing by both.. vote Lynx
    test
  14. Syko Solja

Syko Solja Syko Solja

Damn, this is a hard one to vote on. Both of you came with it lyrically!
    test
  15. ENGengENG

ENGengENG victim of power issues

fuck this was by far the best battle of round 1

lynx is just a fire ass rapper straight up.. came hard. (pause)

i think really ribo really came with it here and impressed me..

sounds like he really put a lot of effort into this..

overall lynx sounds doper as a rapper.. ribo got that kinda unorthodox voice but worked perfectly for this battle

course in scotland.. sick..

man its really tough to call this but it but i gotta say that ribo edged this.. i think if he wins this it will be well deserved.

lynx mighta underestimated him..

vote = ribo nuke
    test
  16. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Free-you had bars. A laid back flow but I think you kinda slept. and didn't go for the throat cause you never heard of the bul.

Ribo- had my head noddin. I was feeling the sped up flow mixed it. That chin check line made me LOL

This was kinda close. Ima give Ribo the edge fir havin a lil more animal in him

VOTE-Ribo

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  17. Maria.

Maria. ****************************

This is hard.

Going with Ribo
    test
  18. PicholasNaugam

PicholasNaugam Active Member

Never really listened to Ribo before this track, and have heard some songs from Free before. I think both tracks were really dope and both of them had creativity. Styles were very different, but Parker I think you slept on your opponent, yall both came hard but IMO, Ribo edged it. Really close though.

Goodluck

vote- Ribo
    test
  19. g.t.

g.t. RM Radio Host

wow @ the remove the northwest out this pussy line :CPnoooo:

i have to go with freelynx on this. ribo you put on a good performance. but your hard lines were too spread out, had lotsa filler. a lil too much bruv. vote - free lynx
    test
  20. Bonnie B

Bonnie B Friday's Child

holy shit...

both of these guys went hard as fuck... i vote tie... put em both thru tbh
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.