Round 1: Huey Fig Newton vs. Mr. Xavier (Vote now!)

Discussion in 'GRB - '13 Grand Royal Audio Battle' started by J o o k, Aug 4, 2013.

?

Who won?

1. Huey Fig Newton

72.2%
  2. Mr. Xavier

27.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huey Fig Newton

Huey Fig Newton Rebel-He-Is

@Cire -- I honestly didn't know it was a "mystery" or confusion as to who it was. I mean all my posts under this name are "D. Omen" threads.

Thanx for checking this battle out, was actually looking fwd to you being in this. (warbux vs cire rematch).

Keep the votes coming.
    test
  2. Bonnie B

Bonnie B Friday's Child

Mr. X - you sound like you hate everything, I dig it...

HFN - why you racist b? You had like 50 phrases dissing his white boy swag... that shit put me off tbh cuz I'm white and what not... otherwise, you rode the beat better than Mr. X, but you were also on this mellow groove...

Mr. X came hard in his lyrics & cadence... HFN had some hard lines too, but his demeanor was just too laid back to really compete... sounded like he was smokin a blunt in the booth just flowing some player haters club shit... whereas Mr. X sounded like he was about to come find you and fight to the death... and that's what decided it for me... cuz otherwise, yall are pretty comparable on the actual lines imo
    test
  3. Mr. Xavier

Mr. Xavier New Member

test
  4. xddrx

xddrx sugabezy

xavier good shit aggressive flow newton u was easier to listen to but i wasn't moved at all - not once was i like ooo good line mvgt: mr xavier
    test
  5. Syko Solja

Syko Solja Syko Solja

Real hard battle, I'm leaning more towards X at the moment due to aggression. It's taking me a minute to warm up to Huey's verse.
    test
  6. JOEXXX

JOEXXX .......

Mr. X - I'm not going to hold the Naps disses against you since it technically was an alias you were battling.. good delivery.. some good lines here and there but nothing amazing.. the "fig newton fruity soft core" was nice.. the 2nd beat you used was a dope battle beat..

Fig - a couple good lines.. "Vote of confidence" , "American History X".. delievery was good but the flow wasn't solid, rushed a lot of lines.

Vote - I' giving my vote to Mr. Xavier ... pretty good even match here. Good luck to both.
    test
  7. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

I loved X's aggression man. Flow was pretty on point and all that. It just seemed like you weren't really dissing your opponent alot. And I don't mean that you were dissing the wrong people because even you're disses to Naps / Kat were scattered here and there with alot of filler.

Omen (Huey) was going at X the whole time. And the delivery was Clean and on point. Shit was dope man.
    test
  8. iLLy

iLLy will fuck you up.

I thought this was a close battle

Xavier was good had a lot more aggressive style then d.omen, some of the flow was choppy but brought some good bars to the battle

D.omen had a more laid back style but felt his delivery and bars were a little better then Xaviers

Good battle overall, close battle, but going with Huey
    test
  9. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

my bad omen, i did see those posts where you said u were D Omen and one person said u were naps and they ran with it..So yeahh, it's really dudes fault..

That said, and taking that into consideration. Going Huey.

Sick battle all the way around, Mr X, whyd you diss naps if he said he was omen though?

lol
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. Huey Fig Newton

Thanks for the votes fellas.

Anyone else who hasn't voted yet, please try and give feedback on our verses, no matter who you're voting for.
    test
  11. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

X - was nice man , real dark and grimey kinda weird to hear you dissing naps btw you had some nice lines

domen - dope verse , alot of nice lines you got alot better man props

vote - domen aka huey fig newton
    test
  12. Jack McCrack

Jack McCrack Somethin I gotta deal wit

SMH this is mad hard to decide...Huey Fig Newton on the first listen had the better track. Had some dope quo tables. Mr Xavier went the fuck in. I was about to vote but I'ma wait on that.
    test
  13. Huey Fig Newton

Anyone who votes please use the poll otherwise it doesn't count. thanks for the listens and feedback bruhs.

If your battle needs to be voted on by myself or Mr. Xavier please leave links.
    test
  14. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

xavier

ima put aside the dissing naps instead of omen

but lol @ dissing katastrophic.. i thought that was a jokes bold move but u put a bit too many bars into that
    ur mic presense is dope and ur flow was nice

i liked the naps lines u had the one were u paused was nice
    This is what it sounds like when you listen to naps kids...
    Who listens to that shit?

u got some cool rhyme schemes in there especially at the part vs katasrophic.. unfortunately that part wasnt against ur real opponent

omen: ur flow isnt 100% yet but damn u sure did improve
    i liked the approach u took.. u had a theme and u ran with it which helped ur track hit

I'm getting, rid of this Skin Head this is worse than Circumcision wow haha

Your Aryan brothers' ll slap you when they go online to add you
    and see the leader of ya rap crews none other than black dude
    This is facts too, It's true I ain't bluffing
    Ya'll the Hive Mind Collective, but your group ain't Buzzin

the last line was golden

overall this was a very evenly matched battle i think xavier and omen both had just about equal flows and it was two different styles for the delivery but both worked

i think if xavier spent a bit more time dissing naps instead of katastrophik i woulda gave it to him

vote: huey fig newton
    test
  15. Maria.

Maria. ****************************

Simple: Xavier. You're being an extremely good sport about battling an alias who was not up front about their identity at all. Pretty shitty actually, in my humble opinion.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. Huey Fig Newton

I'm not an alias. This is my name that I've had for years. but thanks for voting.
    test
  17. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

For the record he did openly tell people who he was in AEH, tbh.

ANOTHER board member was the one running with he was Naps for whatever reason and in that SAME thread he was like "Nah, I'm not Naps...I'm Omen guys." or something along those lines.
    test
  18. Maria.

Maria. ****************************

I've read all the threads, he was deliberately being vague that's no mystery. We all know D omen and they way he rolls, no pun intended.
    test
  19. Huey Fig Newton

Bruh I'm still confused. Someone else trolls about who I am/my identity and that's my fault? lol

It's not like I "changed names" with anyone and didn't tell my opponent who they were battling, it's my name. I changed it from "D. Omen" years ago.
    test
  20. Huey Fig Newton

vague about what exactly? I actually never said anything and I shouldn't have to say anything. And if there was any confusion, Xavier didn't say anything to me about it or ask. I mean, how hard is it to click my posts and see who I am anyway?

Sounds like you have some vendetta against me and I have no idea who you are but again thanks for voting.

Have a nice weekend.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.