Ron Paul 20-NEVER

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by reznick, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

Nah a lot of people have credibility in the field. I could explain it but really it would take a significant toll plus I would have to talk about shit on RM that I dont want to. BTW I saw like a few minutes and the little I saw some of it I agree with. That being said to think one man can change something is ridiculous. Things work in a certain way they will continue to. A whole bunch of people got the US in this mess and it will take a whole bunch of people working together to get the US out.
    test
  2. tyronehouston

tyronehouston Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you on this. But then I guess I will ask you this question. Do you think our economy is headed for a depression?
    test
  3. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

That question in itself is not enough without hearing your definition. I will say that what we are dealing with a correction in the market. And I think for the most part the gov should let it run its course as of now. Stabilization of some markets were need and other should have been left to fail.

[edit]
    Basically shits got to run its course we will see how long it takes
    test
  4. reznick

reznick New Member

This is an article about bundlers.

These guys threw fundraisers for Obama. They didn't donate hundred's of thousands of dollars of their own money. They gather a bunch of people and raise 2k increments from individuals for campaign contributions. It requires networking and organizing enthusiastic people who share the common interest in the candidate.

Not to mention Obama has no personal monetary gain from political donations nor appointing anyone to any position. He appoints them judging off their ability to do that job. And bundling massive amounts of money from rich people to donate to a public cause, such as a candidates election, definitely counts for something.

It means you have invested your time and resources into that candidates political agenda and ideologies which means you have shared interests as the candidate. If I want free ice cream everyday, and am tying to fulfill a position, I have a better chance to choose the person who raised money for the "free ice cream everday" cause given they are qualified.

This guy says it the best

“Clearly if someone raised a million dollars for your campaign, you tend to get a phone call returned,” Caplin said. But he also believes that many big donors who took positions were well qualified. “If that person is truly excellent, but also raised money for your campaign, should that disallow you to serve? … I didn’t feel like they were putting coin collectors in charge of Homeland Security. I haven’t seen one appointment yet where I thought, ‘Man this is embarrassing.’”

Gips got appointed ambassador of SA, but was friends with Obama since 2004, way before any presidential aspirations.

If this was special interest these people would be assigned to positions directly relating to their field.
    test
  5. tyronehouston

I think the slight recovery of our economy was due to the infusion of trillions of dollars by the government (stimulus package) to cover up just how bad our economy was...but that money is now gone and no one has anymore money to spend.

America has to start making things again...we are a consumption country that doesn't export anything but military and debt. And the day we default on our debt to China (and we will it's only of matter of when) and our currency stops being the world reserve currency....we will be worse than where Greece is at right now.
    test
  6. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

let say that's true ( i am not saying it is or isnt) how would ron paul change things?
    test
  7. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

you dont KNOW shit about economics or politics... which is pretty much par for the course with you. you need beasly to shit on you again before you finally fuck off?
    test
  8. Eyerate

consider yourself corrected...

however, obama WAS elected on the platform of "being different".. he just lied about it. :funny:
    test
  9. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

what? beasley? I def KNOW what I am talking about especially on this subject but keep thinking you KNOW me. Oh you said I was white too lol. White boy reads a few articles and he is an expert fuck out of here.
    test
  10. Eyerate

we've already settled that you dickall about economics and cause/effect of any interventions. we've hashed out, in painstaking detail, why you're entirely wrong about tarp and everything else. you admitted you were ignorant when your friend explained it to you IRL, dont devolve this debate with more of your uneducated idiocy.
    test
  11. Eyerate

and it just so happens, the economic advisor on the ron paul for president campaign in 08 was........
    test
  12. Eyerate

wait a fucking second.. you say this is a normal market correction(which it isnt, but thats another story) and that it needs to run its course.. but in the same breath you say "some markets needed stabilization".. you understand those are contrarian points right?

do you also know that ron pauls biggest economic platform is STOP fucking with it and let it correct?

i swear, some of you never cease to amaze me.
    test
  13. tyronehouston

Yeah I knew that....which is why I strongly support Ron Paul's Economic Views.
    test
  14. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

I fully understand what I said. I understand this subject matter. Now how is Ron Paul going to get elected? And how is Ron Paul going to "save the country" ?
    test
  15. Eyerate

when you say things like "one man cant change this..." what you're really saying is "the leader of the free world isnt powerful enough to fight special interests off and change the core direction of our economic policy."

which is REALLY stupid. you should KNOW that.

EDIT: dont have much time to waste so i'll toss a few more at you.. who sponsored and introduced the wildly popular audit the fed bill? who got appointed to chair the house committee on monetary policy?
    test
  16. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

Eyerate will you please answer the questions that I asked. How is Ron Paul going to get elected? And how is Ron Paul going to save the country?
    test
  17. Eyerate

good man. for all the arguing i do with you and your brother, i really do respect you guys on an intellectual level. even where we disagree, both sides have very well articulated and supported arguments rife with facts and coherence. its a rare breathe of fresh air in the vault of dogshit that is RM. i appreciate it immensely.
    test
  18. Eyerate

How is Ron Paul going to get elected?

well people go out and vote, and then theres this thing called the electoral college... you should google it.

And how is Ron Paul going to save the country?

be more specific? save the country from what? economic collapse? moral degradation? childhood obesity?
    test
  19. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

We will just start here. What odds do you give him of getting the Republican nomination?
    test
  20. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

Yeah, Ron Paul has very low chances of winning.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.