Roland GAIA SH-01

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by k.s., Apr 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k.s.

k.s. .

Roland U.S. - GAIA SH-01: Synthesizer

I'm looking to buy my first hardware synth. I'm fairly new to sound designing so I'm looking for one with a lot of knobs and faders to get a good feel of how to tweak things. I have Komplete 7 which comes with Massive and Absynth but they are so overwhelming for me to wrap my head around. I hate having to learn how to tweak them with a computer mouse staring at a screen. What are your opinions on the GAIA SH-01? Any other suggestions? Price range is $700 and under.
    test
  2. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

in that price range Id honestly look into a Juno 106. They go for about $500 on the used market and they are classic analog synths. Lots of knobs and everything. All around awesome sounding board.
    test
  3. k.s.

k.s. .

for some reason i'm afraid of buying used equipment. what if it has problems or something? plus, the GAIA looks so pretty lol
    test
  4. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

I guess. Ive never had any problems with used gear most of the stuff Ive bought over the years was used. Plus you test it before you buy or if you buy on ebay they will refund you if you get broken gear. Either way I've had great experience with it. Besides imo hardware VA synths sound like crap compared to software ones.
    test
  5. k.s.

k.s. .

Oh, hmmm. I might just try ebay then. Btw, I'm Typhy from futureproducers.com.. that's why I said the 'you followed me' thing haha. Anyways if you have time can you give me some feedback on my new beat.. it's only my 5th one so far so I'm really looking for any advice to help me. Thanks bro

http://board.rapmusic.com/audio-producers-discussions/1276748-letting-go-5th-beat.html
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.