Rogerio

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Kid Blackie, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delinquent

Delinquent lol

yeah, but jones's opponents in the promotion are still better than bader's

Vladimir Matyushenko - Always been a fan of The Janitor. Solid veteran with a great resume and posesses great wrestling.
    Brandon Vera - on a slump, you're correct about that.
    Jake O'Brien
    Stephan Bonnar - pretty much a journyman.
    Andre Gusmao - he's okay. Was 5-0 at the time, was pretty much a prospect vs prospect matchup ala Escudero vs Olivera.

Antônio Rogério Nogueira - robbery.
    Keith Jardine - bum/journyman.
    Eric Schafer - neutral. Nothing special, nothing terrible.
    Carmelo Marrero - pretty much a gimme win just to stack up Bader's record.
    Vinny Magalhães - bum. he's got world class BJJ, but it's not like the find ever went to the ground and Bader was able to hang with him or outclass him

when/if Bader and Jones fight, my money will be on Jones. he's the better athlete, has a better reach, is a lot faster, has better cardio, unpredictable, and most importantly a finisher. Bader has finished a lot of fights in his career, but he's been going to decisions more while in the UFC, and his cardio looked suspect as shit in the Nog fight
    test
  2. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i love how jon goes into the fights with wrestlers with the mentality to prove hes a better wrester, that old ego from highschool/college hasnt left yet haha, i dont blame em, he went junior college due to grades alone when he could have easily competed in a top division I college.. when the time came to make that move (similar to velasquez except he wasnt lookin toward arizona state) other situations along with his daughter made him decide to fight. i think its the feeling to prove what he could have accomplished if he had the chance, aside from going to a division I college this is the best way for him to test his skills against people that have been there, and he loves it.
    test
  3. Kid Blackie

Kid Blackie to your Jess Willard

Wrestling goggles.
    test
  4. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

best term ive seen haha ima use that
    test
  5. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Heh.

Really though, if you watch enough American MMA over time without some other MMA with different scoring rules to balance it, you'll score that fight for Bader. That's how unbalanced wrestling is when judges interpret the Unified Rules.

Also @Delinquent: No way is Stefan Bonnar a Journeyman. He's below that status for sure.
    test
  6. Kid Blackie

Kid Blackie to your Jess Willard

Yeah, I'm never too quick to scream screwed for real because I know my scoring system is different from even Japans. In my opinon, the person on the bottom isn't always losing and takedowns aren't always something to write home about. I feel whoever is leaving the cage or ring hurting the most probably lost unless they finished.

in this case, the accumulated shots bader was taking stood out the most in the fight.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.