Rode nt1a or audio technica 3035 which one!?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Fice 727, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fice 727

Fice 727 New Member

I understand they are two diffrent mics....I want the best quality for a mid range voice. Iv decided on either of the two so please hold back any suggestions on other mics....In your opinion which one would be best thank u.
    test
  2. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

AT3035 because of less sibilance
    test
  3. Fice 727

Fice 727 New Member

thanks for acually answering me....can u explain what sibilance is??....also Im only going to be using this for vocal recording...is it better to have just a preamp or a mixer with a preamp built in?
    test
  4. P Grizz

P Grizz PGrizz.Com

GET A PREAMP...you dont need a mixer.
    test
  5. Fice 727

Fice 727 New Member

i kno i dont really NEED a mixer....but its acually cheaper to get a mixer with a preamp in it than a preamp alone...y would I get less?
    test
  6. P Grizz

P Grizz PGrizz.Com

if u want better quality and u dont have a lot to spend...it's better to get a preamp than a mixer. trust me.
    test
  7. AllOrNothinEnt

Sibilance is just an exaggeration of the S sound.

What soundcard do you have?
    If you have a soundcard that only has 2 outs, getting a mixer makes more sense, as you'll need to route your headphones through the mixer as well.

Why get a pre over a mixer though?
    Because an external pre is going to be higher quality than those found in a mixer.
    test
  8. Fice 727

Fice 727 New Member

ok that makes me sense for me.....i have a 5.1 dolby digital soundcard its 16 bit...so the preamp will plug into the in line on my sound card or the mic port?
    test
  9. AllOrNothinEnt

Into the line in.
    You should think about upgrading your card, as it's not made for recording.
    The cheapest card, and one of good quality, is the M-Audio Audiophile 2496, sells for around $70-90.
    test
  10. Fice 727

Fice 727 New Member

i dont want to spend anymore than 70 bucs on a preamp being I can buy a behringer ub1002 for 60 with a pre built in with phantom power...whats a better preamp than that?
    test
  11. Mr. Verbalist

Mr. Verbalist How am I doin?

Cheap Equipment = Cheap Sound
    I'd save your money.

I don't know of any GOOD pre's under $70. I'd just suggest that you save your money and get better equipment.
    test
  12. AllOrNothinEnt

Exactly, it's better to buy each piece one at a time, and get quality, than buy em all at once and get bullshit.

Behringer is bogus, Art pre's suck, Nady, SMPro, I can keep going, they're trash.
    test
  13. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

don't get behringer .. there's no use in getting a cheap mixer for like 70 when for 30 more u could get a lot better piece of equipment ..

i have the AT3035 and a yamaha MG10/2 mixer .. i'm very happy with both .. if u wanna peep my quality with them -- www.myspace.com/syn6

^ that's with a stock soundcard and no mons .. i have a maudio audiophile 192 now and wharfedale 8.2's but i aint recorded anythng with them in ..

trust me .. dont get some behringer shit ..
    test
  14. Fice 727

Fice 727 New Member

sounds pretty clean to me I think the soundcard thing is overated....is an art tube preamp gonna b cleaner than a behringer mixer?
    test
  15. Fice 727

Fice 727 New Member

but my prob is ur 15 man...u jus sayin behringer sucks bc people on hear tell u or have u used it?
    test
  16. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

whats better than that? pretty much anything

shit, my skin conducts sound about as well as a behringer pre...just plug the 1/4's into my ears haha
    test
  17. Fice 727

Fice 727 New Member

but see the prob is u live in can u dont count....its all about me and how i flow anyways my question is does the shit hook up so these producers have an idea of what i can do...im not tryin to make a studio that produces nothing but radio quality hits lol
    test
  18. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

behringer gear wont even get you anus quality hits...

trust us, buy something decent, like say, the focusrite trackmaster pro, which is under $200 and will shit on any behringer gear

companies like behringer make gear for people who think boards have to have tons of winky lights and flashy things to do anything, and they put more effort into that than actually making a decent product
    test
  19. AllOrNothinEnt

Whoa, soundcards are overated?
    Ok, I'm not even bothering to help this kid anymore.
    test
  20. Fice 727

Fice 727 New Member

first of all....u have to b good in order to fuk with good equitment....most of u iv heard on soundclick r nothing less than garbage and u can get all the nice shit u want ur still gonna suck.....and as for u canada "informer"....mr. knoxville if u were so damn smart and knew everything than y do u sit on here and answer questions all day u should b in the studio ripin shit up with all ur knowlege
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.