Rode NT1A help..

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Jenre, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenre

Jenre Little Lizard

Ok, my mic came today. But I can't get it to work.

I have the Rode NT1A>Female XLR to jack>Pre-Amp>1/4 Jack to PC

Everything fits, the pre-amp is working fine but I can't get the mic to work.

The mic needs +48V Phantom Power, which the pre-amp supposedly has. Inside the NT1A manual it says that "some Phantom Power supplies do not supply the voltage at which they are rated. If the required voltage is NOT supplied, the dynamic range and general performance of the microphone will be reduced." However it doesn't say the mic wont work altogether, but this is the only reason I can see that it wont work.

If anyone can help please do so. It's greatly appreciated. Am I missing something? Anyone else had this problem? Anything. Thanks.
    test
  2. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

Sometimes its something as simple as you dont have your amp turned on or not plugged into your comp.. Check those first to make sure
    test
  3. Jenre

Jenre Little Lizard

After about 2 hours I have tried all those a million times.

Anyway, I had the wrong cable. I have the right ones now but the recording is shit.

Mostly I hear fuzz and just about hear my voice below that. It's also recording very quietly.
    test
  4. Jusa9ine

Jusa9ine YEAAAA

is there gain and level knobs on ur pre-amp ?
    then turn 'em up ... lol
    wut kind of pre-amp do you hvae, cause i got Rode nt2 and it gives off nice quality with no hiss, and my buddy's got an nt1 and it sounds fine so it's prolly ur pre-amp, or your computer is shit
    test
  5. ProBeatz

ProBeatz OK

my guess is you're recording wrong.....make sure you're recording into the right side etc.....sounds stupid but it happens
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.