Rock back for Wrestlemania

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Hank., Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hank.

Hank. Guest

guh???

didn't i just post that Rock was one of the best heels in the business. and randy orton is probably the least convincing heel i have ever seen.
    test
  2. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

No, Rock was a likeable guy acting like a heel. Randy Orton just seems like he's a douche in real life, which makes him a great heel.
    test
  3. Hank.

Hank. Guest

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

Randy Orton moves slowly, narrows his beady eyes, and then says "I...AM...THE...W...W...E CHAMPION". Lame and boring. Corporate Rock?

Smark fags.
    test
  4. well the thing with the rock when he was heel no one wanted to boo him, i think if they stopped all the comedy shit and made him more serious people would of hated him, randy orton can play the heel and the good guy, but plays heel better IMO, plus it almost looks like he needs to eat something.. did anyone else notice this?
    test
  5. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

The Rock is the best Wrestler from the Attitude days... and of the the greatest of all time... Not necessarily wrestling skills...but overall character.
    test
  6. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Randy Orton blows ass as a face

I liked the Rock though, I liked him the most when he came back from being away and had the feud with Austin and the match at Mania
    test
  7. you talking about the peoples stroodle era.. yeagh thats what i hated

off topic but to the guy with the arrested dev quote, do you watch carpoolers and dose this show remind you of arrested development?
    test
  8. Hank.

Hank. Guest

exactly. dude combined that arrogance with funniness brilliantly. i hate orton yes. but mostly because he's a a boring cunt. the sooner someone with a bit of charisma like MVP gets to the top, the better.
    test
  9. Hank.

Hank. Guest

Rock was great when he came back in 2003, he changed his charcter a bit, but he was by far the most entertaining dude in the business.
    test
  10. Nam Dekan

Yeah 03, that's when I liked Rock the best, I thought those Rock concert things were pretty funny
    test
  11. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

The great dynamic about that was that it got under Rock's skin when people cheered him, and he played off it.

"This isn't singalong with the champ"

And there were a quite a lot of people that booed him.

Although it was his run in the Corporation that exposed me to him (because come on, I wasn't even watching wrestling when he was in the Nation) I do think his best heel run was when he came back as the movie star heel.

As a babyface I disliked The Rock most of the time because he sucked up to the crowd and did the same routine every week.

That's what made me dislike John Cena way back when, he had gotten over and did the same routines and sucked up to the crowd and did ridiculously corny things. Then he decided he wanted to stop that bullshit, he goes out there to wrestle... does his shit in the ring for the most part. He doesn't turn his segments into a big act, there's a balance between him and his opponent when they speak. One of the positive aspects of being written for (and yes, I know all the negatives) is that many segments aren't always one sided and the guy with the most lack isn't at a loss for words and getting pummeled verbally before he finally says something.

Like I said I disliked babyface Rock, and heck... I disliked Stone Cold Steve Austin also.

Nowadays everyone tries to compare wrestlers at the top to those two guys and think they have good reason to. It's fucking weird. Austin and Rock are gone. If you're gonna compare everyone to them, then tell me of the current stars who fits the mold of those guys better than anyone whose at the top right now or else stop complaining about Cena being a top guy. What... KENNEDY? Yeah, I get it... he has his own microphone that falls from the ceiling. Then what? I don't remember The Rock needing a prop to make him look important, he just grabbed a normal microphone and said the word "Finally...." and everybody went crazy.
    test
  12. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I liked when he called Goldberg "Whisker-biscuit" most.
    test
  13. Hank.

Hank. Guest

The Rock concerts were hilarious./
    test
  14. Chevy Ced

Chevy Ced Cloverdale's Last Hope

:lol:
    test
  15. Nam Dekan

I liked heel Austin more, especially when him and Angle were fighting for Vince's love, and also his short lived tag team with HHH
    test
  16. i liked heel austin better than heel rock...i just liked austin better than the rock anyway
    test
  17. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Man those guitar playing, singing segments were gold. I don't think I've ever laughed more at anything WWE or any promotion has ever done on their shows. Also Debra's cookies.
    test
  18. Nam Dekan

i think at that point they had a REAL comedy writer on staff which was Patrice O'Neal. I think he did some writing for Chappelle's Show and was on the show also.
    test
  19. psunit

psunit Hail to the Lions

Heel rock was classic. The guitar segments were great and definately got the crowd worked up. I loved it when he went into Canada (Toronto) and had some of the people who were cheering for him, go against him by the end of the segment.
    test
  20. Hank.

Hank. Guest

[youtube]ZNF3g-fdcXo[/youtube]

Ever since the Rock, came, into town,
    everybody's trying to, bring him down,
    Canadians have no class,
    that's why they can kiss the People's aaass..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.