Rm's Official Car Begginers Manual

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by PhantomMenace, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Les W

Les W Was Helped By Point Game

You can get a good car (honda, nissan, or toyota) for a G but it will be around 10 yo. I say beg for another 200 loan from your peeps and get another 200 yourself. and you can get a Accord or something like that which will last you another 10 years, if you need it to. Do not finance a car at 17 unless your peeples are fiflty rich cause you will be screwed one way or another
    holla
    test
  2. ThEsPiTTiNiMaGe

ThEsPiTTiNiMaGe StillBumpinOldSchoolGRBs

ay, i am turnin 16 and have a 98 jetta.. shits hot..

but ineed a qwik breakdown on sound systems..

concerning amps? and how to know how much watts an amp needs to handle the speakers/subs n shit..

thanks
    test
  3. Truthful Spits

Truthful Spits New Member

^depends on the peak wattage of your subs you want... i have 2 10inch JL Audio subs and a 1200 watt amp and the subs are pushing 600 watts a piece... :)

On to my question I have a 94 Mustang GT 5.0L should i thinking about buying a supercharger.. should i install it myself or pay for it to be done? and also I dont know what type of rims would look best... i dont want chrome rims, cause im more of a racing driver.. and i dont want no rice burner lookin shit... :)
    test
  4. trifle

trifle New Member

you are wrong....on several accounts....

naughty...unsticky this and let people make their own threads...this is just gonna be a jumble of threads and explanations....
    test
  5. Skrybe

Skrybe ConnectedthruaForeignExch

I'm probably gonna get deployed overseas soon. They give you a shitload of money when you're deployed to a high-risk area, so when I get back I'll have a shitload of money in the bank (provided I live, of course). I was thinking of going with either a Jeep Grand Cherokee for looks, functionality and long-lastingness, or an 02-03 Dodge Stratus R/T for . . . yeah, cause I like it. Keep in mind I'm a college student, I make trips often (usually to home an hour away or to D.C. 3 hours away), and I love banging sound systems more than I love not being able to hear my voice above the engine noise. Stratus, Cherokee, or something else altogether?
    test
  6. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

Something else.... Stratus R/T isn't worth a penny. The Cherokee is nice and what not...but dated styling, ....just plain needs a complete redesign, engine, and body.

If I were you i would look into a nice import. For that price range i would rather get a RSX-S or a Accord Coupe.

For the cherokee.. i would say a new 4 runner, or something along those lines.
    test
  7. trifle

trifle New Member

^^ same here

don't expect reliability out of a dodge or jeep....
    test
  8. Applaud

Applaud New Member

how much will i need for a used lexus like 95 96 or a used lincoln ls like 95 96
    test
  9. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

^at least 6 grand....
    test
  10. Janitor

Janitor Guest

www.kbb.com

www.carpoint.com
    test
  11. TdotOG

TdotOG Deeez Sluts

They didn't make the LS in 95, 96...

But check out the sites Jeff posted.....www.edmunds.com is good too.
    test
  12. K-Skills

K-Skills Mr.Skills

Which is better Financing or lease ?
    test
  13. Kraylen

Kraylen Killer Instinct Champion.

^never lease a fucking car, just pay to buy it... unless you want to pay for it all along and give it back when the lease is up
    test
  14. PhraniC

PhraniC Wait A Min U Arent Jonesy

when u lease a car you arent paying for the car, you are paying for the interest. if you are one of the peoples that like to customize then buy, otherwise lease. and with leasing your payments will always be lower then buying
    test
  15. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

I have an old car and the paints looking not too great.. Someones told me that the paint is oxidized and thats why its faded like it is.. I don't want a new paint job, but I've been told that it can be fixed without doing that.. Would I just need a good wax job or would it involve detailing? Approximately how much am I looking at money wise to get that done? Thanks for any help.
    test
  16. SlaveNameIsBob

SlaveNameIsBob Massa luvs me

Damn there is mad ppl in VA. Anyway, how old is your ride. If it is about 12 yrs old, and the paint does have that look, most likely you will need a respray. PPl that take care of their car thought the years would not be experiencing the problem you are having. If you want to get the car to shine again, you might need a rotary buffer and some good wax like P21S wax or some Klasse sealant wax. But rotary buffers in the hand of a novice is like crayons in a white room with a 3 yr old...tragedy. So if you did want to do this yourself, you will HAVE to buy a orbital buffer, and some great paint sealant like Klasse. Both can be bought online, and also, if you do detail this car, you will need a GOOOD detailer. I have a person in Northern VA that does damn good work. The only thing is depending on the condition of the paint, it could cost you a pretty penny. Any other ?'s
    test
  17. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

*thinks* Twelve years old.. That would be nice, but no.. lol My car is 23 years old now. *hangs head* I knew it would cost me a lot.. dangit! :tongue: And I wouldn't dare try it myself I'd probably break something trying.
    test
  18. SlaveNameIsBob

SlaveNameIsBob Massa luvs me

Dizzzam, your car is as old as me.. LMAO. Oh shit it might be time for a respray. Out of curiosity what car is this? If you were close enough I would probably do the detailing for you....but with a 23 yr old car, that my be pushing past my limits.
    test
  19. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

Its a 1981 Volvo 240 DL. :) I love my car.
    test
  20. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

anybody ever have the problem of their interior lights flashing on and off at random times after starting the car, it happens every so often in my car, seems to really only happen in the winter..

anyone got an idea what may cause this?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.