Rm's challenge aside, why do you workout?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by GaLaTeA, Jul 12, 2013.

1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Everyone has their reasons for working out - from feeling better, to wanting to stay in shape, etc., so what's yours?
    test
  2. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

To be healthier / stronger.

I first started when I went downstate because I was like 140 lbs. soaking wet and dudes in there looked like Deebo from Friday, tbh. :scared:

After I got out I've gone through periods of working out really hard and being dedicated to not as much, depending on work. But I'm trying to make it part of my routine for good ATM. Regardless of work or anything.

You??? @GaLaTeA
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

:funny:, time to re-watch Friday.. :)

Think once you've fallen into a workout routine, it's easy to keep it going - even with hectic work schedules. It becomes a lifestyle in the long run as opposed to and setting short term goals (weight loss of the "only fit for the summer" people, etc.).

Primarily because I like to keep muscles functional in case I need to do anything physical (from lifting heavier objects to being able to pull myself out of any situation that may arise - be it an accident, having to help someone by lifting and/or carrying them), secondarily because my batteries don't die & without working out my hyperactivity reallllllly gets on people's nerves - after a few hrs of working out I get a bit more mellow and less eager to bounce off walls because I'd be unable to hold still for longer than a few seconds.
    test
  4. Sin Skywalker

@GaLaTeA over there hyperactive as Hell, tbh.
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Should be torture for the staff and my docs today.. :funny:
    test
  6. JustPolished

JustPolished SoFlyProductions

I wanna look good naked
    And it kind of became an obsession to be in shape and to get leaner, bigger and stronger :scared:
    test
  7. JustPolished

JustPolished SoFlyProductions

Or as Arnold once said

When I was 15 years old, and I came out of the shower and looked into the mirror.. I realised I needed 30 inch arms to match up with the rest of my body
    test
  8. Orange407County

Orange407County Well-Known Member

Honestly for me it is mostly for looks. I wanna take my shirt off and not get downgraded haha. Ive always been naturally thin and i was never very athletic in high school. I always got girls with ny personality/blue eyes/cuteness. I also wanna feel good, and have natural energy. I always feel like I need something to give me a pickup and im tired of it

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    test
  9. Cire

Cire The Peoples Champion

Pretty much..

I was also 240 LB's like 2 years ago and developed sort of a complex/fear of never getting that heavy so I try to workout as much as I can..I never lifted or tried getting toned though, just lost like 70LB's dieting/running/playing basketball. Trying to give lifting a try.
    test
  10. yayo

yayo Polar Bear LaFlare

2 get pussy
    test
  11. Noodles

Noodles The People's Champion

Because I refuse to acknowledge bad luck.

I didn't get to enjoy being a high school kid. I was 15 years old, 115lbs with a resting heartrate of 140bpm and in danger of heart attack if I ventured into a light jog. I had serious health problems through no fault of my own. Just because life said "Fuck you, Noodles. You don't deserve to be healthy."

After 4 years of slow recovery, innumerable doctor's and hospital visits, 2 surgeries, and countless pills of useless medications... I finally felt human. I joined the air force to prove to myself there were no more physical limitations.

I'm still challenged everyday by residual health issues. But this is my fucking life. I refuse to feel ill.

If I have to die at 30 years old, I'm going to die feeling healthy, strong, and powerful. I'm going to operate this body at maximum capacity. Live fast, die young, and leave a good-looking corpse.
    test
  12. doslavozes

doslavozes Neg This Post If You're Gay

I workout so I can nail my friends sisters.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  13. Sin Skywalker

Lavoz you don't really workout though! :scared:
    test
  14. Geedorah

Geedorah King

:arsyeah:

I workout to stay sexy.
    test
  15. doslavozes

I totally did this one time though.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  16. Sin Skywalker

@Geedorah - Do you look like Arsonal, tbh?

@doslavozes - Gotta start somewhere. Try for your second workout soon! :scared:
    test
  17. doslavozes

I have a 40 minute walk to campus each way. If it weren't for the 90 something degree heat it would be an enjoyable way to at least burn some calories. I feel like I'm close to passing out now.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. doslavozes

Just for the record from March of last year to this past Thanksgiving I had dropped like 40 pounds since trying a new diet and being friends with people who owned a gym that was walking distance (as was my work)

Unfortunately I didn't like the job so I moved to go to grad school so I'm still getting situated in terms of gym usage but I've tried to replicate the diet up here. Just taking it a day at a time.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  19. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Nah, Im sexy. :arsyeah:
    test
  20. doslavozes

Are there black Croatians?
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    • +Rep +Rep x 1