[RM I Need Advice] Show 7 Weeks Away!

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Mighty GK, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

ok here is the deal. we have a show coming up at the end of July. I want to make this a very successful show for all parties involved. I need some outside thinking on this one because I don't want to miss a nook or a cranny. I want no stones left unturned.

here is what we have planned so far.

it is going to be a show we host at a local bar. crowd capacity can probably be about 120 people & the place would be fully packed.

We have an opening act with 3 people, then we are going to be the main event. 2 rappers, 1 hypeman...we are going to end the show with a collaboration between the 2 groups. The reason we have an opening act is to get 2 different crowds to come together.

Dj at the event to play the music...it will be one of 2 DJs (both experienced, we are seeing who our best option is still)

facebook & twitter promotion on overdrive (hmu directly with suggestions @gkishere)

word of mouth promotion on overdrive...DatPiff will have our music ready for listening purposes.

were going to do a photo shoot & video...create a website with our bios & links to our music.

we are going to hit the 2 main downtown party spots heavy with flyers about 2 weeks before the show.

at the show....we will have custom clothing from our local sponsor. a good dude I went to school with. very talented cat...has his own store now...anyway he is going to design us custom hats & shirts with our logos/info on it...

he will have his stand at the show so we can bring him traffic/exposure...were going to have him print up about 30 shirts that we will give out to the crowd throughout the night.

everyone who walks through that door will be offered a cd with our music & contact information so they can keep in touch with us.

it will be $5.00 a head to get in...we're gonna rock that crowd fo sho with our music.

to those who go to shows, or host them....is there anything that we are not covering?

I know its a long read. thanks for any advice you may provide.
    test
  2. evbeats

evbeats New Member

I think that's good, you covered almost everything and more I can think of at the moment...
    test
  3. evbeats

evbeats New Member

just be sure to do some sound checks mae sure it all sounds good...if you don't deliver them something they want to remember then all the other work is worthless you kno what I mean?
    test
  4. zeeofafbllc

zeeofafbllc New Member

Cosign 100% ^^^^^^^^ Make sure your sound check is right! If not it can be detrimental to your showcase.

As far as the promo is concerned you are on the right track just stay in attack mode!

Best wishes on your performance!
    test
  5. donfully

donfully New Member

And make sure you get the right people to do soundchecking. You can literally spend hours on end with sound checking if you don't exactly know the problem
    test
  6. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

My only issue is I have no clue who you are, so Idunno how well you perform. Either way, be sure to rehearse a lot either in front of a mirror or a video camera so you can spot check where you are weak. The point of the show is promotion.

I never do actual flyers anymore, I find them ineffective in the modern era of email/twitter/youtube/etc.

Ummm....I like the shirt idea and what not, but it's a small crowd. Get a sign in sheet so that people can give you their facebook/twitter/email if they so choose. Never wait for them to contact you, because they never will, no matter how good your shit is. It simply WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Blog. Get your ish on blogs if you can. Again, I don't know what level of dope you are, so *shrug* If your buzz is crazy, getting on legit blogs would be easy. If not, it may be hard if not non-existent.

When I promoted my janky ass mixtape on twitter, I ended up with 12 thousand downloads by the time I stopped counting. I did it using a program that would send out a set of prewritten tweets with links in them to my album regularly over the span of like, a day or so. Then I'd write 24 more with trending topics in them (make them relevant, so you don't come off as spamming. Try to be witty) and you'll grab people's attention.

Facebook, do the usual. Have an event page, put videos of the artists performing on there too, invite all your friends in your town, and regularly send them all messages to remind them. Remember: people rarely if ever check their events page, but they always check their direct message inbox, so clicking the "message guests" button in the top right corner every so often will make them aware that there is an event. Otherwise, facebooking is pointless. Try to avoid posting on people's walls unless you are absolutely sure they'll click it (meaning close friends and already established fans).

That's what I always do. Oh, and don't forget posters at local colleges/universities. That's always a good look. Be sure to directly contact people you know that always mob in large groups. You invite them, they'll bring about seven people with them. Be sure to let the finest girls in free and keep them drinking. Get them there early.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.