RM...Help ya boy with a new optimal workout split???

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Sin Skywalker, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

I wanna change it up starting Jan 1st, tbh.

As of now with my work schedule I can get 2 workouts in Mon, Wed, & Fri and 1 workout in Tues, Thurs, & Sat. I choose to rest on Sundays as far as the gym. I'm trying to focus on bringing up my bench some more and my deadlift before March (I'm doing a Bench / DL competition in March).

So basically, with those goals in mind how would you fill out the following as far as muscle groups? Like which workouts would you do your chest / back / legs / shoulders / arms (bicep/triceps) / stomach or whatever? Keep in mind any cardio I do which is minimal at this point is added on to the end of workouts & I also target alot of my core doing things like STANDING shoulder presses / deadlifts / ect so I'm not to worried about hitting the stomach directly alot ATM.

Mon : Workout 1 - ??? / Workout 2 - ???
    Tuesday : Workout 1 - ???
    Wednesday : Workout 1 - ??? / Workout 2 - ???
    Thursday : Workout 1 - ???
    Friday : Workout 1 - ??? / Workout 2 - ???
    Saturday : Workout 1 - ???
    Sunday - Rest.

Help ya boy out!!! :eek:

@J o o k
    @Resilient.
    @Newportz
    @zyclon B gas
    @yayo
    @GaLaTeA
    @Smouble ML
    @JustPolished
    @Reign
    @MLov420
    @Vulgar

Appreciate any advice / suggestions and hope everyone enjoyed their holiday. I'm ready to take it up a notch with this fitness thing!!!
    test
  2. J o o k

J o o k Win your battles before they’ve even been fought.

Just taking a quick look as I'm laying in bed [pause], I would say you only need one workout a day unless the other is strictly for cardio.

I know this may sound weird but I think you would make more gains if you were lazier.

If you are constantly breaking your muscles down (lifting weights) and never allowing them to fully regrow before breaking down again, you're wasting your workouts and your gains will come ever so slow if at all.

I say that because I know you're not taking your L Glutamine or BCAA's to help with recovery so it could literally take 5-7 days for full recovery and your probably already breaking it down again before that.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

I think it's something like 72 hours for the muscles to recover? So my thing is I'm trying to find a way to split them up so I can hit muscles multiple times a week but just not within that 72 hour recovery period?
    For example as of now we do chest work twice a week (Mondays / Fridays) which I think is pretty typical but there's almost a 4 day recovery period one way then the weekend to recover the next.

If I do one workout a day what would you recommend as far as gaining in the Bench / DL department? And if I jump on them BCAA's and whatnot how would you suggest I go about this split as is with the 2 workouts Mon / Wed / Fri? Feel free to respond when you wake up big bro.

*I'm also thinking I may jump into the science of it since that convo we had so starting the New Year I'm going to look into taking them BCAA's? Any brand or anything you would recommend? (I literally know nothing about them, tbh)

(And yeah, it's hard for me to be lazy or take time off man. I always seem to have energy. :funny: )
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

*takes notes*
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

*=supersets

<~~~~~~does not like banana split workout days, iah..
    test
  6. Smouble ML

Smouble ML 90% In NFL Playoff Predictions

I work out once a day, due to time plus rest.

Monday- back n bi's
    Tuesday- chest n tri's

Wed- rest/off

Thursday- shoulders, abs, calvs

Fri- off/rest

Saturday- Legs

Sunday- rest

Sometimes, if I miss a day then the days switch but I always have 3 days rest n ect
    test
  7. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

bcaa's aren't some magical supplement that will make you revitalized immediately. they help with reducing muscle fatigue but you're not gonna be like "OMG I CAN DO ANYTHING FASTER!"

anyway, I'd suggest something like:

squat - 6, 6, 2, 2, 2, 2, 10, 10
    rdl - 8,8,8,8
    1a) Bulgarian SS - 8 ea x 4
    1b) hamstring curls - 12 x 4
    FFE rev. lunge - 12 ea x 4

bench - 6, 6, 2, 2, 2, 2, 10, 10
    military press - 8,8,8,8
    1a) incline DB bench - 12 x 4
    1b) skull crushers - 12 x 4
    tricep extensions - 100 x 1
    parallel dips - 50 x 1