RM has shifted completely...

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Punches, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Punches

Punches a.k.a UH OH

Anyone else notice this? Absolutely no hate here...just an observation I found interesting...

I feel like RM has shifted from lyrics to hooks...from lyricists to songmakers...

People that were formerly regarded as everyday mixtape rappers...are now considered Top 10 by many....

Just curious as to why you think this has happened? I'm guessing because that is what's selling?

Again, no hate...just curiosity
    test
  2. Dely

Dely In The Trap

how far will battling take you??

how far will making a catchy song take you??
    test
  3. Punches

Punches a.k.a UH OH

Yeah so that's what I mean...It's mostly just people doing what they have to, to get recognition, since people previously didn't get any "light"??
    test
  4. deadweather

deadweather ******

i've noticed a signifigant decrease in interesting threads
    test
  5. Dely

Dely In The Trap

enlightened us favian .. im bored
    test
  6. Hopsin is a Homo

Hopsin is a Homo Illest period.

yea, its too calm in RapMusic, so fuck you Punches..........sike. nah i like the calm environment of RM . gives me a spot where i can ask a question and get good answers.
    test
  7. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

I just noticed all the "how to get noticed in the industry" threads and shit.....it's like not about the music at all any more....just no name cats with no clout in the industry tryingt o school the rest them about what they are doing wrong.

Then you got like 5 people total with "some" industry influence or status in anyway...or atleast taht's what they say.....and when they post you got 100 people 50 trying to suck em off and 50 completely hating. And out of the 5, 4 talk like their the hottest thing to ever grace the world. lol

I don't know...that's my observation.....
    test
  8. Dely

Dely In The Trap

haha i love oursin
    test
  9. Punches

Punches a.k.a UH OH

Word @ Oursin
    test
  10. Punches

Punches a.k.a UH OH

I just don't understand some of the "I'm doing big things while you all sit on Rapmusic.com" threads/responses/comebacks...

I don't think people realize the popularity of this site...I know I myself followed the site for a few years without even registering. In the end, I still haven't heard of any of these artists outside of Rapmusic...and I don't think ya'll realize that Rapmusic.com is more promotion than you think...the audience is so much more widespread than having a select few in your city knowing about you...

Plus, fans that come here are rap music fans...not some random people who like a certain song...People I know rock Verbatim/Ness/Hibe/Cire on a daily basis, just off of word of mouth...

I think people underestimate...
    test
  11. Pace Beats

Pace Beats Doesn't Feed The Trolls

-you just wait

grbs coming up
    test
  12. SHITTY Bang Bang

SHITTY Bang Bang freestyle fanatic

ppl are maturing musically i guess

it happens
    test
  13. Skrybe SK

Skrybe SK Guest

lucky for me I can play both sides of the fence.
    test
  14. Dely

Dely In The Trap

the straight side and the gay side??

switch hitting ass nicca
    test
  15. Skini Slim

Skini Slim Multiple Talent Complex

i noticed i post here more in a week then i've ever done my whole RM career...this week most have been really boring
    test
  16. Stash

Stash R.I.P Point Game

Yes and I hope rappers will stay that way, taht underground shit or staying loyal bullshit is old, if you want a rapper to stay loyal and underground why don't you gather 500,000 of the likes of you and buy his album and support him for a better life. the same people who claim you should be real are the same people that will bootleg your album in the streets or online, fuck that shit, I aint stayin "real" or "loyal" to no one, if thats the sht that makes me real then i don't wana do it fuck that

for the right money i'd go on stage and sing along with justin timberlake i don't give a fuck, it's all money, when i do it and i get some nice 1 million, we'll see whose gona be laughin and mockin the other person.
    test
  17. Scribe

Scribe IMQ8

fuck all that. my team can do both...it's not good to label yourself, or limit your artistic scope. besides RM is simply a trend-following-self-aggrandizing-you suck-me-i suck you sort of place. trust me if a pool of people say its all about lyrics, watch half of the site follow suit. there are people here who have the power to influence people's opinions believe it or not. maybe you cant see that. i wouldn't watch that too closely.

anyway, i see niggas talkin about making hits. those aint hits, those are like pirate radio jams at best. this is how you make a hit you mutha••••••s...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=227945&songID=4586479

hoes love that song, and yours will too. but yeah like i said just do you man...but in the modern rap game, you atleast HAVE to know how to write hooks, cuz that's what keeps peoples attention. you can string 30 multisyllabic words together, but if people can't atleast sing, or hum the melody, then most likely it's not getting sold- on a commercial scale. but again, there's two sides of the fence. there are people who loathe the commercial shit and love the old grittiness and purity of 'underground' music. to each his own. really just do you...lol don't let other peoples tastes get to you. unless you want to sell-out, then do it. mind you that selling-out is not always a bad thing though. hip hop fans are usually mercurial anyway. but don't think there still isn't a market for people like talib kweli and royce da 5'9.
    test
  18. Dely

Dely In The Trap

thats a damn beat u posted son .. wtf??
    test
  19. Odd Man Outt

Odd Man Outt President of the South

haha i thought it was gone be a song too
    test
  20. Scribe

Scribe IMQ8

lmao, i actually posted the wrong shit.... 1 second negroes.

aight its up.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.