rivalry series vol. 2: hit 'em up vs drop a gem on 'em ...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Nu'maaN, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

:comeoneson:
    test
  2. the rhyme king 25

the rhyme king 25 Member

lol how hypocritical u are u not about facts u are about bullshit

second it wasn't neither one of them niggas beats but cause they sampled somebody else song

third thug life never meant no gangster shit like organized crime dumb ass it was on some political shit trying to help people it was a acronym it meant to him the hate u gave little infant fucks everybody he even had a thug life handbook for prisoners to go by.
    test
  3. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

ROTFLMAO... I'm friggin' dying over here... that post got you ready to fight, huh?

Even Pac said "thug life" was ignorant... I have the VIBE magazine articles, the one with him wearing the straight jacket on the cover... I remember him backtracking on thug life and being a thug before he went to jail for rape... that's why Puffy said "there ain't no in and out of being a thug"... Pac read that in jail, got mad and came back harder... he was trying to save face... and he was trying to sell records... that's what he told Biggie... and before TheDonn comes in and say it was just Big's mama who said it... NO, it was Biggie himself who said this... I saw the interview on Rap City that Big did with Joe Clair that was featured on the end of LAD. Man, I've been following Pac since "Same Song" in 1990... been following Big and Nas since their beginnings, too.. I know about dude.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. koolbreeze1981

koolbreeze1981 Member

Both are dope, but I have to go with Hit 'Em Up. And I think that was the 1st diss track ever that left people in shock.

And it affected how I listen to diss tracks ever since. Now whenever I hear subliminals, regardless of how sick it is, all I think is, "quit being a pussy!"
    test
  5. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

that was a diss man, cause thats what chino XL does... he name drops and disses other rappers/celebrities... its just his style whether he admits it or not.

so he was a dancer? who cares? Pac was on some thug shit on 2pacalypse now. It just wasn't as prevalent as it was in 94 when he came out with thug life. I dont care what anyone says, Pac was a tough, fearless nigga... the dude shot 2 cops...

I really dont know who REALLY had that AEOM beat first, I just assumed it was Pac cause AEOM came out first, and then Pac said Nas took his "melody." when Nas said people were stealing beats I think he was referring to the fact that after Dre made G-funk, EVERYBODY was makin g-funk records...
    test
  6. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I'm not hatin' on Pac... I'm just stating what's real... he was flawed... like every other man on earth. Too many of his fans give him this mythical, infallible persona like he was God or something... he was just as contradictory as every other big rapper... and his first album wasn't about gratuitous violence and sex like his "thug life" was later on... even the song "Violent" was righteous, because he was talking about justice and police brutality... Pac was raised by a Black Panther, so it's only natural that his music would contained those themes... he was very pro-black... and there's nothing wrong with that... in the late '80s and early '90s, pro-black was a trend in hip hop... ie, PE, Poor Righteous Teachers, Brand Nubian, X-Clan, BDP, Kane, Queen Latifah, ATCQ, De La Soul, etc.... they were all on that pro-black tip.
    test
  7. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Nah, I think when Kool Moe Dee dissed Busy Bee, that was the first diss record to leave people in shock... because Busy was just a party MC with virtually no lyrical ability and Moe Dee came out on that lyricist tip... but the beef that really shook hip hop and set off diss records as a career-ending trend was BDP vs. Juice Crew... "Roxanne Shante is only good for steady fuckin'"... one of the best lines ever in a diss record.

Cube even said more shocking things against Eazy E in "No Vaseline"... "Eazy E will be hanging from a tree... light him up, burn him up, flame on... till that jheri curl is gone."
    test
  8. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

why?

he also drifted away from snoop for not joining in his beefs.

:numaan:
    test
  9. the rhyme king 25

the rhyme king 25 Member

nah he just stop fucking with snoop all together
    test