rivalry series vol. 2: hit 'em up vs drop a gem on 'em ...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Nu'maaN, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... which was better? all round?

keep in mind it wasn't just pac vs the mobb, it was pac and the outlawz.

so numbers wise, mobb was under numbered, and in my opinion came out on top, gutter wise.

the beat for drop a gem on 'em kills hit 'em up seven days of the week, but the passion in hit 'em up? unrivalled.

:numaan:
    test
  2. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

how has this not got a single response?

it's a fair observation and question if you ask me.

test
  3. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I like them both... Pac's verse was more focused on Biggie and his clique... didn't he save the end ad libs for Mobb, Chino and the others?

I kept hearing that Pac got mad at the end ad libs of Mobb's "Survival of the Fittest" where Prodigy said, "hypnotic thug life... get that ass paralyzed"... I think Pac misread that... he didn't own a patent on the phrase "thug life"... Mobb was just talking about generic halfway crooks.

Chino said that Pac misunderstood his line, too... "I'm trying not to get fucked like Tupac in jail"... I read where he meant it as "I'm trying not to get fucked like Tupac is trying not to get fucked in jail."

Then he attributed Nas saying "left the hospital that same night" to him... and I heard something about he thought Nas said "I got shot 5 times" like him... where did he hear that? Because it wasn't on "The Message."
    test
  4. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

That nigga Pac was crazy. lol
    test
  5. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

yeah, agreed with all statements above.

but chino also said "fuck you and your dope fieeend mama" and "a nigga with one nut shouldn't speak".

it might have been after hit 'em up, i don't know, but drop a gem on 'em.

test
  6. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Hit em up is harder, one of the greatest diss tracks of all time. Drop a gem on em is sick, they don't even have to do much as responding subtly is their style and it suits them. I loved their reply to Jay-Z on "Crawling" as an example.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  7. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Hit 'Em Up, c'mon man what kinda question is this? You already know the answer. No other diss track has ever had such emotion.

Sent from Tapatalk 2
    test
  8. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

That was a response to Hit Em Up
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

In the interview I read with Chino, he was basically like, "this is what I really meant... I'm trying not to get fucked like Tupac is trying not to get fucked in jail... but he misunderstood it and took it there, so I'm like fuck it... if he wants to get it on, we can get it on"...

I still don't know why he smashed on Jay Z...
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Oh, as a side note... you all know I rode with the East during that beef... and I love Pac, I really do... but I hated him during that beef... and I always considered The Outlaws to be traitors to their coast since they were riding with him..
    test
  11. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i get that, i was mentioning his other line but freebass cleared that up for me.

pretty sure it was that track he did with biggie.

you catz at home screamin the fights on,
    im in the 1500 seats watchin tyson,
    same night same fight but one of us cats aint playin right.

the outlawz were close friends/relatives of tupac before the rap game, so they had to side with him.

i think pac lost his mind at that stage which is why hit 'em up is such a classic.

when's the last time you listened to drop a gem on 'em.

the beat is fucking sick, the delivery from both is fucking unreal, and the subtleties >

test
  12. the rhyme king 25

the rhyme king 25 Member

he smashed on jay-z because jay was letting biggie throw shots in the video for dead presidents
    test
  13. the rhyme king 25

the rhyme king 25 Member

well obviously u a ignorant east coast thinking type nigga and fuck out of here with that u love pac shit fuck out of here with that bullshit !
    test
  14. the rhyme king 25

the rhyme king 25 Member

that was on life after death lmao
    test
  15. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

really funny, can't stop laughing.

must've been the other track they did - brooklyn's finest.

biggie had ".. Who shot ya? Mob ties like Sinatra" in that track, pac would've lost his shit because it was featuring jay.

test
  16. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

Pac deserved to get mad at chino for that line. it sounds like chino's explanation was him flip flopping on what he really meant.

and as far as the Nas shit, Pac was talking about the message. no there wasn't 5 shots, but Pac meant, Nas never got shot and left the hospital the same night (like Pac did). Pac was kind of right about Nas wanting to be a mob boss/ gangster all of a sudden. He jumped on Pac's beat, he talked much more gun talk than he did in illmatic. the illmaic Nas was the REAL Nas. IWW Nas was nas trying to copy the popular image of the coke kingpin gangster/murderer. similar to what Jay did with reasonable doubt.
    test
  17. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

I prefer hit em up but drop a gem on them is dope.
    test
  18. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Okay, I remember that line... I didn't think he was dissin' him per se, but whatever... like when Vin Rock came at Pos of De La when he said, "So stick to your Naughty By Nature and your Kane/ because graffiti that I place upon the wax is insane"
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  19. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

LMAO!! You Pac stans kill me... I never got that upset when someone talked about one of my favorite rappers...
    test
  20. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

If Chino was flip flopping, then I don't think he would've gotten so aggressive about Pac taking offense... he was basically like, "if he wants to take it there, then fuck it... I'm ready"... if he was really flip flopping, he would've stayed humble... I don't know... I don't care.

As for Nas, Pac can't really talk... because he came out as a black righteous Black Panther type rapper who was a dancer for D.U. and became "thug life" all of a sudden.

AEOM came out before IWW, but who really had the beat first? I remember on "Nas Is Coming" with Dre, Nas' opening ad libs were "niggas is stealing beats" with Dre laughing in the background.

I'm not all about fan loyalty and all of that emotional shit... I'm all about facts.

I have liked various rappers over the years, but when they have done some bitch shit, I call them on it... I don't care who it is... Nas, Cube, Pac, LL, etc.... have all fell out of favor with me at various points in their careers... none of those cats are my relatives and none of them are putting money in my pocket.
    test