RIP P Chase

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by KOzS, Jan 7, 2014.

1. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

Actually that is 100% wrong. You should never trust subjective experience.

Countless experiments have shown that your memory betrays you. Right of the bat you're basing that on a saying, which is essentially superstition. Please find and post a link to that saying.
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

hey relax i just heard it, im not that into it where i feel the need to go look that shit up and tell you its right and youre wrong
    test
  3. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

Eh man, I'm just trying to respect your post, with some effort in a reply.
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

ok in that case.... im baked so here goes the long winded version

The best source of knowledge is through experience, dont believe what you hear. Is basically how i heard it the first time. Not in those words i cant remember exactly its been like 8yrs or so.....

I heard it in the context of martial arts, but the actual quote was told to me that it was just an old saying that applies to kung fu, but also applies to life.
    Then later on in my studies of yoga tradition philosophy i heard the same thing come up in a teaching from the bhagavad gita saying something very similar in regards to teaching. I think it, again its been a while, but i think it was saying that if you hear a fact and then go spouting it off its called false knowledge, because its not true knowledge for you. You havent actually experienced your fact to be true. Or something like that...

then i heard it come up again and the quote was just "The only source of knowledge is experience"

now they arent all the same quote, and came from vastly different time frames and regions. But they were all kinda saying the same thing....

thats all. I put it all together and came to the conclusion that it made some sense. So basically when i first heard it in kung fu, it was a saying that was passed down in our lineage where in the old days in china martial art schools actually fought each other for prowess and gaining students. So the instructors were saying to their students to not only just listen to them teach and tell them the stuff works, to actually go out and pick a fight and prove to themselves it works. But all their little mantras and such were first developed by citizens that were monks and was applied to life.... So its a common philosophical thought around the world. Apply what you learned to prove it to yourself. Its the best form of knowledge.
    test
  5. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

Ah, I see. That's more sensible. It's just that, even if you have experienced something to be true, it doesn't mean the same will be true if you do it again. I could say that the only source of true knowledge is the present moment.
    test
  6. Sneez

Sneez Danish Curling

what are those?
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

gelflings

the girl can fly
    [​IMG]

they also have a pet
    [​IMG]

and their enemies looks like this
    [​IMG]
    test
  8. double ML

double ML plekz = wannabe thought police

^^it's from the movie "the dark crystal"
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  9. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Double's family tree?
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

these guys are too busy watching Naruto the puto to know what dark crystal is
    test
  11. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

Bro, I'm sure that I'm the only one who still watches Naruto, and one of the only ones who knows Dark Crystal...and still finds that girl gelf weirdly attractive.

I'd live with the weird astronomer lady.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  12. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i just wanna try her soup.
    test