RIP bioware (Kotr, mass effect, Dragon age etc)

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by OurSin, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Greg Zeschuk, Ray Muzyka Are Leaving BioWare - Giant Bomb

Well i kinda figured since EA bought them out and started tacking on needless multiplayer and completely ruining Dragon age, that something like this would happen sooner or later.

I'm sure they won't say it, but i'm pretty positive they aren't proud of the games they've made since being bought out and don't want to compromise their vision any longer.
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I tried to get a job with them back in 03
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

probably would have been the best time to work for them too.

I wonder what Dragon Age 3's tagged on multiplayer is going to be like? smfh
    test
  4. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

Atleast we got what we needed out of them,
    and tbh that whole team needs to be shot dead for no KOTOR3...

:D (fuck MMOs, I'll go outside for that)
    test
  5. HANNAHMONTANA

HANNAHMONTANA New Member

not sure how you guys saw their older games but bioware has been shit for a while. this just confirms the ship has sunk. they haven't been the same since EA started pulling strings.

before EA - neverwinter nights got 3 expansion packs reasonably priced that were only relevant to a player once installed

after EA - dragon age: origins had 10 dollar 1-instance DLC dungeons tacked into IN-GAME CONVERSATION OPTIONS
    test
  6. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Yeah, DLC has been horrible (not just bioware but period).

I never played any Bioware games before KotoR, i believe they made PC rpg's and i never played those.

I thought dragon age was great, 2 i didn't even bother playing though. Mass effect 1-2 are classic, 3 felt like a step backwards with everything except combat.

You could tell EA was running the company though, even though they did a good job with multiplayer, it didn't need to be in ME3 and only detracted from the single player that should have been better than the other 2.

EA has gone on record they don't want to make any games without multiplayer, so look forward to PVP and Coop in a first person shooter version of Dragon Age and a new FPS Mass effect.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.