Rip 2pac

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by THEDONN, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Best Hip-Hop Artist Tournament: The Finals | Ology

Link me to those points then.. because I can't seem to find them.
    test
  2. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

i don't think it's a bad thing, i just don't think it's that special, and it doesn't impress me. doesn't make for bad music, and his albums are cool. it takes more than that to make me follow the leader.

as a cultural analogy, to me, it's like you're comparing a combination of bono, oscar wilde, and bobby sands to house of pain.
    test
  3. ThatsNotMyName

What's the criteria for a GOAT? Not your favorite rapper.

That's what I'm aiming at... just talking about objectivily why Lupe is the better rapper, MC and a goat instead of Pac.

But you Pac fans only talk about how much you love that nigga... No objectivity what so ever.
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

test
  5. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

i gave you so many reasons already. don't go in circles. there's nothing you're saying that's "objective"
    test
  6. ThatsNotMyName

No, you circle around by giving a lot of words for just saying that you think Pac is more passionate and a deeper person...

Then you pretty much call Lupe a copy-cat of rappers that although are similar to what Lupe is, they couldn't reach what Lupe has.

You dismiss lyrical ability, but act like yelling in songs and having commercial appeal is more important?

And come on. 2Pac doesn't have million of styles: Emo nigga, thug nigga. Just that.
    test
  7. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

ok, i'll sum it up.

if you take away 90% of 2Pac's charisma, personality, empathy, pain, diversity, work ethic, style, delivery and vocal presence, confidence, emotional range, life experience, accomplishments, influence, impact, discography, talents, credibility, industry and musical history, the street and black panther mentality from his family, peers, and his life in the early 90's hip-hop tour & hustle biz, and the times he lived in and embodied in his music... then add in a tiny shred of Illmatic and Common... you get a Lupe Fiasco. a neutered conscious rapper who's not that interesting.

cool, bro. you sound like a news reporter in the early 90's talking about the threat of hip-hop to america's youth by this basic, shallow attempt at poetry. i guess things never change.
    test
  8. ThatsNotMyName

Every rapper has charisma to his fans.
    Lupe has 10% of the personality, empathy and confidence Pac had? Hahaha. You lying through your teeths on those ones.

Diversity? Lupe's songs are not always that conscious songs. And 2Pac is not that diverse, already been stated: "I'm a thug" song "I care about my community" song "I'm an emo nigga" song.

Lupe is more appealing to his fans, because he don't try to be something he is not, and his fans are the same.
    2Pac tried to be something he wasn't and paid the price by getting shot. Ya'll Pac fans act try to be something you are not as well. A bunch of emo dudes who try to pretend they are though... I was like that too, when I was 15.

And fuck impact and influence. He only has that because he died before he released a bunch of albums. Like a said, he had one of the greatest publicity stunts ever.

Lupe's father was a black panther's member too. And Lupe was more of a street dude that Pac was... don't know why you ever mention that up though, being a street nigga is dumb.

You basically told me that Lupe was a one-side coin and that Pac was this multi-sides rubix cube and shit... I was just pointing out the obvious.. Pac is not that versatile rapper you make him out to be.
    test
  9. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

I fucks with lupe hard

But to say hes.better than pac

Is like sayin lebron is better than mj

Why does mak want to know why pac is better

U have ur opinion.

We have ours

Why do u care ?
    test
  10. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

heh, interesting. gotta admit, this is the first time in my entire life i've come across a poll or review such as this. i guarantee the majority of those votes came from kids born in the late 90's and still, that's just one Lupe > Pac out of thousands and thousands of other arguments.

like i said before, i'm not gonna even debate this matter because it's been done to death. also, use the Search option at the top of your page and search "2Pac" in the Hip Hop Central area.

Pac is top 3 dead or alive. nobody mentions Lupe in those 3 spaces. nobody.
    test
  11. ThatsNotMyName

You guarantee?

Nobody? I just did.

What an asshole... at least NinjaMic says why he thinks like that... you don't even say shit or link me to a post where it says how Pac is better than Lupe...
    test
  12. THEDONN

THEDONN One Love

Why do u care bro
    test
  13. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

you're not very good at reading, are you? i've said why i think Pac is considered a goat for a reason THOUSANDS of times to the point i refuse to dabble in it any more. USE THE SEARCH OPTION, genius. this argument means nothing to me anymore.
    test
  14. ThatsNotMyName

So you have no opinion and defend on others opinions?

Daaaaamn what a dumbass twamp.
    test
  15. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

^^how ironic.
    test
  16. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

and after he released a bunch of classics and lit the whole media up for years.

if Lupe died right now, what's his impact and influence gonna be? what material's going to release? what would you be on here saying he changed about hip-hop? what's gonna be in the documentary? how many legends are gonna have stories about him?

what are you gonna say? "his lyrics were dope. he has two classic albums. the production is amazing. his 3rd album is alright."

so basically you can't relate to 2Pac, and have to just pretend that people like that don't exist in some form or another. that nobody else can relate. so the problem isn't 2Pac, the problem is you.

in the same posts you tell people they think they're tough, you throw a blanket statement on emotional complexity and introspection and call it "emo" over and over again. you're shallow.
    test
  17. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

lol i swear ThatsNotMyName be reachin' like

[​IMG]
    test
  18. ThatsNotMyName

2Pac didn't JUST died... He got shot leaving a lot of music after his dead with a lot of hints to keep people interested in him.

It wasn't just his dead, it was the whole stunt. The 7th day theory before his dead, how he died.

I CAN relate to Pac sometimes, but I rather don't. I could but I choose not to drown in my feelings. ┬┐Emotional complexiness is a rare feature? We all are emotional complex beings, nobody has it easy.

But I rather leave aside my sad feelings and all the problems aside of me, and listen to a dude like Lupe that instead of just talks about how hard life is (which everybody already knows)... issues with more importance.
    test
  19. ThatsNotMyName

Forreal...

You don't have no real opinion as a person? Fucking sheep man.
    test
  20. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

lol who said i don't have a real opinion as a person?

i'm perhaps the one of the most opinionated people on this site tbh, i'm just a realist.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.