Rip 2pac

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by THEDONN, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Pac fans still hating without giving any valid point or argument.

Just proves that you niggas don't have any real reason to put 2Pac as the GOAT.
    test
  2. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

nah. 7 Day Theory >

it ain't special to me. i like it, but it's honestly a cliche, post-Dilla's death, backpacker album, that just happens to be very consistent from beginning to end. i would get the same thing i get from that album by playing Tony Hawk's Underground on PS2, with only the rap songs on.

i was already listening to what Lupe did on it 10 years prior in better, more impressive form from MC's like Mos Def. it doesn't impress me, and i already don't rank Mos Def higher... so how would the more monotone, less dynamic, less original version of that impress me?

double entendre, metaphor? ok mak21

"if daytime is for suckers then tonight we bleed"

"depend on me like the 1st and 15th" - Lupe would sound silly even quoting that

"when they turn out the lights, i'll be there in the dark" - there's so many levels to that, it's not even funny... and it's so effortless and natural.

i could be doin this for ages trying to explain such subtle, original brilliance to you and you probably won't get the lines 'cause you don't have the cultural context to go with it. you understand lupe's turns of phrase because his layers cover superficiality. really, forget 'showing off' though...

"at night i watch the sky, i take another breath
    i smoke my newport to the butt like it's the last mother fucker left"

that is so fuckin' real, vivid, and human... it's poetry. it doesn't need wit or complications. in about 10 years you'll have outgrown all this pedantic, juvenile 'spiritual lyrical miracle' stuff and see. maybe not in Pac's work, but in someone's.

you think run of the mill conscious rap, in the neo-soul Badu vein, of even the highest quality, impresses me more?

what's more interesting to me than a smart kid with rhymes and good beats, musically, conceptually and consistently? a walking, audible chronicle of post traumatic stress disorder and oppression in a time full of genocide and population control on the streets in the west, with an extremely intelligent mind, coming from a unique and dynamic personal life and upbringing that's full of culture to draw inspiration and artistic identity from. delivered by an artist with such a natural skillset that he could write a perfect, timeless song from hit records to poetry, in less than a half hour... and effortlessly be so many things to so many people with constant introspection, empathy, and celebration... and speak to and for the humanity of people that the nation despised for so long, by pairing his suffering with theirs as he grew, in a then unprecedented way... it's on another level.

it's 100% unique, human, palpable, deep, relatable, and he was musically soooo on point for so long, and with sooo many songs in such a short amount of time.

when i hear the "American Terrorist" songs, yeah, they're cool... but i can get the entire effect from one El-P line "most of the greatest revolutionaries of our day and age are labeled terrorists" - that's how simplistic the train of thought is. it's passive blogosphere content... prep work for the vocal action where you actually attack the problem on record rather than just talk about the problem.

[youtube]jwDZ0mcMUMY[/youtube]

2nd verse pairs the lofty, aggressive political restitution concepts with his own personal strife... it's a deep well to draw from, and that's why it speaks to people. Lupe doesn't have the credibility to do that. it's like someone's who's never eaten at a soup kitchen, just working in a soup kitchen.

been there, done that. what lupe talks about is like step 1 on the road to the chase 2Pac cut to. Lupe will tell you that life sucks, Pac assumes you already know, and would tell you to do something about it.

i'm gonna put it another way. what Lupe does consciously and socially with his writing, is like firing a long sucession of bb pellets in a John Woo flick... a verse like this next one is a broadsword, handled with a focused, confident sweeping stroke that hits every weakpoint of the opposition in one swing, and transitions seamlessly back into casual form like it's nothing.

[youtube]hsalTbcVK9I[/youtube]

Lupe's conscious appeal is neutered and convoluted by comparison. that's why attitude, presence, charisma, vocal power, confidence, and clarity of self matters.
    test
  3. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

i can give you all the reasons in the world. you not knowing the reasons already when all the music is there for you is why everyone else except me feels like it's a waste to correct you.
    test
  4. ThatsNotMyName

Mos Def and Lupe's styles were and are totally different.

Monotone, less dynamic?

Why you still talking about Lupe like he spits as a dumb battle rapper. His flow is smooth and easy-going which is great. I can't help that you like rappers to yell to show passion like DMX and Pac.

Double entendre and metaphore doesn't have to do anything with mak. He points out the words used... not the meaning of them which is what I say.

I don't give a fuck if you don't like Mak or his shit and you are tired of it. Lyricism is a big part of rap music.

Yeah Lupe would sound silly with that cheesy ass line.
    "depend on me like the 1st and 15th" - and you call this nigga the GOAT?

"when they turn out the lights, i'll be there in the dark" - OMFG! You reading way into the lines. That line was extremely basic... Lupe's ambiguity in his lyrics are far greater than Pac's... Pac was extremely simple in his lyrics and as a person, can't believe you stans really are taking simple lines as something bigger than it is.

OH FUCKIN GOD!
    Pac made a song about smoking a cigarette and you are trying to convince me and yourself that it holds some sort of real deep substance in it!

You are such a basket case that you desire to have another basket case as your favorite musician/rapper. Grow the fuck up... everybody has problems, we don't give in to them like he did or raise them up and live around them. Niggas like that need to grow up or get a lot of therapy.

Everybody can give a nice description about something with nice words. But all you say was is that he made ageless good music and that he was a poor soul in a horrible word showing his suffering through his music?

I choose mature rappers over "real" ones who are trying to get conect with their inner-selfs

American Terrorist doesn't hold the same content as that line. Please.

The fact that you trying to downgrade Lupe's - exquisite - production, beats and sound just shows how much of a dickrider you are.
    test
  5. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

the song's not "about" smoking a cigarette.

you just proved to me, without a doubt, that you're absolutely shallow, uninformed, and obsessed with superficiality. you have no soul whatsoever.
    test
  6. ThatsNotMyName

Not the song... the line.
    test
  7. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

when they turn out the lights

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i'll be there in the dark

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    test
  8. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

SMH.....

Spread the real via Tapatalk 2
    test
  9. ThatsNotMyName

I just noticed that you edited some of your messages.

You do this "I like Lupe, he just ain't all that" stuff and I get that shit. I get you hating on him how you can because you don't want to see an obviously superior rapper taking over Pac...

But calling Lupe a Kanye knock off was just plain stupid.
    test
  10. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

why are you guys even arguing about this? this argument has been attempted a thousand times and every single one of those times these young teeny bopper Pac haters lose.

don't even waste breath on these squares lol
    test
  11. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

and Lupe?! lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i can't even take you niggas serious :funny:
    test
  12. ThatsNotMyName

And again, why nigga laugh and you don't show me no prove that Pac is better than Lupe?

Come on nigga, I already stated why is that... and that's the truth.
    test
  13. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

because if you do a "search" of this played out argument you'll find that you morons lose the argument EVERY SINGLE TIME for a reason and everything has already been proven, explained, and showed.

i'm not gonna waste my energy again on you simple minded faggots who don't know the first thing about rap music.

and you don't know what the truth is, you're just saying it's the truth to comfort yourself.
    test
  14. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

i didn't call him a knock off OF Kanye. i know you have an English language barrier, but don't put words in my mouth. he's indicative of his generation... the era that spawned from just one aspect of kanye's popularity, persona and fresh album content and artistic direction in 2004.

the cool-to-be-a-backpacker, cool-to-be-consciouss thing that was only like 10% of what Kanye brought in with his successful debut... when he brought back neo-soul, anti-materialism, and 'regular joe hip-hop head' content.

so when i say "less dynamic version of a kanye album" it's because he focuses almost squarely on one niche. a niche that other artists are able to effortlessly cover in a tiny handful of songs. the fact a writer as relatively simplistic as Kanye could do that so easily, and resonate with it in simple terms, says a lot about the innate artistic value of what you're holding up on a pedestal.

it's just another point to show how one-dimensional the usual rappers people like you think are jacks of all trades, really are. when your favorite MC just gives you an album and persona's worth of what's just a minor footnote on the album of another, more prominent rapper and artist... it makes them seem incomplete, not well-rounded, not diverse, not dynamic... not so special. not the perfect 10 in every category you think they are.
    test
  15. ThatsNotMyName

Actually I did a research to see what niggas think about this..

And a poll with 940 voters show Lupe was a favourite.

Most 2Pac fan's post are the same as you... not giving no point at all, just saying "you crazy?"
    test
  16. ThatsNotMyName

I admit that you know how to give a nice speech.

You almost convince me to think that being a heavily conscious rapper is a bad thing.

And I get it, you seem to not like Dilla, neo-soul, Neptune type beats... But you can't dismiss that sound which is actually a 10 wether you like it or not.

Kick&Push, Hii Definition, Go-Go Gadget Flow, The Emperor's Soundtrack, Paris, Tokyo. Not heavily conscious songs and still great.

PS: Mos Def comes of as preachy, unlike Lupe.
    Common tries to be a conscious rapper, failing sometimes at it without the knowledge Lupe has in comparison with him
    test
  17. NinjaMic

NinjaMic Brian Disease

[​IMG]
    test
  18. ThatsNotMyName

Again taking things outta context.

Twamp told me to research and see how people explain how Tupac is better... and I found that poll... so?
    test
  19. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

test
  20. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

i don't believe you, link me.

but honestly, the comparison of Lupe to Pac is just flat out ridiculous whether you think so or not. i don't even consider myself a huge Pac fan tbh... i mean, i am but i don't really listen to his music much anymore yet i still acknowledge he's one of if not the greatest to ever do it. his impact, music, and contribution speaks for itself.

again, like i said earlier, there's been numerous points made so i'm not gonna waste my time bringing them up again to an argument i don't respect and find funny.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.