Riots in London (Tottenham) yesterday night

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Mr. Maverick, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

test
  2. Kunty McPhuck

test
  3. Kunty McPhuck

test
  4. Jinky Rctongs

Jinky Rctongs New Member

They sent 250 riot police down to Northern England and the West Midlands, there's still 17,000 police left in Scotland.

I just can't see Scottish people rioting for some english bullshit, If the police shot one of us dead, English people wouldn't give a fuck.
    test
  5. Gerald Johansen

Gerald Johansen New Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    test
  6. Kunty McPhuck

Would cheer if it was Gordon Brown
    test
  7. Jinky Rctongs

Jinky Rctongs New Member

That one eyed prick can get hit with a bus for all I care.
    test
  8. KimboKing

KimboKing New Member

Its al a bit exciting innit

Leeds riots were shit, 2 men shot but that was all
    test
  9. BEEF Z

BEEF Z New Member

wow these photoshops are classic
    test
  10. Enormus

Enormus New Member

i read this post on another forum

"society in the UK has been broken for years.

I was working in an inner city school 7 years ago when a ten year old asked a career advisor in a whole school assembly why he should get qualifications and a good job when his mum and dad had a decent car, massive TV and DVD player and a big house but didnt have a job. The careers advisor couldnt answer him and looked to the school staff for help.

Pretty horrible to know that a percentage of the kids I taught in that area will be involved in these activities: what failed them?

well fuck it ill answer that based on my own experience, its probably over political and not clearly outlined but...

the area I worked in was in the bottom 2 percent of social deprivation in the country, there was no lower bracket than that- you are basically talking about the countries poorest children and their families.

The problems in that area mainly stemmed from alchohol and drug use- the usual shit: crime, negelct, abuse. As a generalisation the kids here had little support from home, their parents simply weren't capable of caring for them due to their own level of needs, usually relating to their own upbringing or lack thereof; the spiral is true. How do we fix that?

So the kids came to (junior in my case) school; they had behaviour issues that they worked hard to control, they lacked boundries outside of school life but adapted and responded very well when they were set... they needed that in their lives and in accepted that, respected it even. These kids had to work hard, to achieve where they were living was more difficult: the graph that shows the correlation between results in SATs/GCSEs and poverty proves that. Anyway, work hard they did. What happens when these kids become more self aware of the problems around them?

In the case of this area as kids got older an more aware there were numerous gangs waiting for fresh recruits. Parents weren't able to challenge this and in some cases were in support. The kids became far more isolated from what society should be- the need to participate became further and further away, the want to contribute positively became erased.

Im not surprised at what is happening now, Ive seen the system as it is now failing kids for years. Ive had kids leave my class at 11 unable to read and write, with the local education authorities refusing statements and support due to lack of funding. Ive seen politicians lay blame at the door of the school, whilst at the same time cutting budgets and refusing to invest or acknowledge that social depravation = low results. Ive seen parents send 8 year old kids out to get their score at 4 in the morning. Fuck, Ive seen 7 year olds raise 3 kids because the person who should be looking after them isnt capable. The kids I used to teach, who will now be out nicking fucking trainers for shits and giggles (and make no mistake, that is what it is) have been failed.

Failed by the government, their parents, the education system, the police, the welfare system (and that is key IMO), a lack of role models and guidance and the rise of gang culture in the UK.

Of course, I dont condone what they are doing now, I dont agree with darcus howe either that this is comparable to syria, or that what is happening now in Nottingham directly relates tot he shooting of a gang member (yeah, and father etc...) in London. Its a knee jerk reaction to realising that they cn get away with it, based on the failings of pretty much any UK system they have been involved in and stirred together with the spoon of racial tension. There will be a million people looking to exploit this situation too, the far right, the police, tories, gangs... Fuck this is depressing."
    test
  11. Jeremy Kyle

Jeremy Kyle New Member

hahaha
    test
  12. IrishRebel

IrishRebel Member

I have to call bullshit on most of this..

If these kids believed in any sort of revolutionary thing or were deprived enough, they would have the sense to know that stealing from their own people is wrong. So its just being plain scum. They could make the same argument for youths here, but the majority aint like that..A very small minority called hoods..and trust me I am no better off than they are but still have the sense not to steal a car off my own people for the fun of it.

"I grew up on a council estate + know what its like to want things you can't have. I then worked to become successful + rich. - Rio Ferdinand

Alot of them kids will grow out of it, aka grow up..and some won't unfortunately..I've got no GCSE's, most of my mates don't..and most of them work..maybe when we were like 15 we didn't care as much..but none of us would act that way now. So theres no exscuses for being scum its only you who can stop it
    test
  13. Jinky Rctongs

Jinky Rctongs New Member

I wouldn't blame it solely on the kids, you see grown men standing right next to them actin the same way.
    test
  14. Niall474

Niall474 New Member

Hello Rioters. Look at your friend, now back to me; now at your friend, now back to me! Sadly, he isn't me; but if he stopped using antisocial behaviour and started using job centre he could be like me. Look down, back up. Where are we? You're at an interview, with the man your friend could work for! What's in his hand? It's an application form to that job he needs. Look again... the form is now money! Anything is possible when you get a job and stop looting. I'm at a desk
    test
  15. IrishRebel

IrishRebel Member

''Some will grow up and some won't''

I agree with the part, that they are missing role models..Growing up here we kind of had the paramilitaries telling us whats right and whats wrong...So for some people, it was something to look up to and learn from..now some people might not agree with that. and it does cause some problems too, but I think if they had that there half those people wouldn't think that way. They are missing the fear factor too kind of, send them over here for a few weeks and they will be sorted out
    :funny:
    test
  16. Jinky Rctongs

Jinky Rctongs New Member

They would be kneecapped with the quickness.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.