right now TNA is the better show

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by ChopStick, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChopStick

ChopStick me killa me killa

Im there every monday at my tv to watch raw.. cant watch smackdown becaue i dont have the CW.. and i watch ecw when i remember.

I say this being the most honest i can be.. favortism completely aside. TNA does more with an hour than WWE does with two. Mostly everything on the show right is interesting, or at least worth watching.

I still think both shows need to improve, but TNA is at least improving, while WWE seemingly is getting worse.

I usually really do enjoy the first hour of RAW though.. the show tends to drag on.. maybe its not completely fair to compare a 1 hour show to a 2 hour show.

thoughts?
    test
  2. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

I think it's the other way around, WWE is slowly getting better while TNA has gotten quite a bit worse since Russo took over. It's not just me either. A lot of people who were total TNA marks just a few months ago can't stand to watch it now.
    test
  3. ChopStick

I go to some chatrooms/boards to see what people are saying.. TNA fans are like this, you either give them what they expect, or they'll hate it. They all share the same mentality.. we hate entertainment, and we want wrestling.. well, pure wrestling has kept TNA in the 1.0's.. There's probably a lot of pressure from Spike Tv.

Granted, im not a russo fan.. im still upset about his shit in wcw.

But i give credit where credit is due.. im not happy with everything they're doing, but its a lot better than the fsn days.
    test
  4. abztrakt

I wouldn't give TNA any credit for pulling 1.0's, since basically any show (Impact, ECW on TNN or Sci-Fi, Velocity, AM Raw) will at least get close to a 1.0 unless it's on at like 3 in the morning. Once TNA can get in to the mid 1's, I'll believe they're making progress. And it's not just the "we want wrestling" crowd that's sick of TNA right now either, it's all different kinds of wrestling fans. TNA peaked right before Russo and Angle came in, and I doubt that's a coincidence.
    test
  5. ChopStick

No, i was saying 1.0's arent that good.. that's probably why they're trying something different now.

The VKM thing is entertaining

The Christy hemme/womens movement thing is interesting

Eric youngs bit are good

Christian has been gold.. so has angle, and joe

Sting / abyss, im not crazy about.. too soapish for me.. but still watchable

Styles/Rhyno is confusing..

Lax is the shit, but the thing with the dudleyz, im not crazy about. . i prefer the dudleyz as heels

on raw, you've got:

Cena/Umaga. .which was okay

you have got a watered down womens division.. its basically Melina vs James

RKO vs Michaels.. which is boring to me personally, because they had wanted NWO VS DX at first.. so we got stuck with this

the tag division is fucking awesome right now.. ill give them that

the IC title is dead.. and nitro isnt that entertaining

that's just being honest.. although michaels and cena have made the best of their situations.. and have actually made shitty storylines watchable
    test
  6. abztrakt

Well doing what they've been doing has gotten them from 1.0s to 1.1s, so that's not saying much. They totally killed the PCS thing by making them shorter and shorter and then just ending it and giving the guys no direction, Angle/Joe has been fairly disapointing to me, especially since it seems like they're pandering to Angle by jobbing all their home grown talent to him, the Sting/Abyss thing is dragging and really the bad kind of Russo booking, Eric Young is funny, but not that funny, and the VKM and Christie Hemme things are awful. The only things I'm really liking right now is Christian as champion and LAX, although feuding them with the Dudleys just doesn't work.

WWE isn't really that much better, but they're slowly improving. Umaga is great, the got rid of the retarded DX stuff, Cena is more bearable now, and Smackdown is probably the best wrestling show on TV right now. The problem is that even though WWE is decent right now, they have the potential to be great, they're just can't be bothered to put in the effort. That, and Vince would have to book for someone other than himself.
    test
  7. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

without reading any posts...TNA got weak...they are slowly but surely becoming a wwe knock off, maybe due to russo...but ive noticed alot more interviews, story lines, and less matches...the matches are always the same, and always end by a roll up pin...i prefer ecw to tna, even after heyman left...but right now, one 1/2 hour of wsx is better than wwe, and tna...i hope wsx really blow up, because right now, i feel they have wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better talent, matches, and star power than either...wsx is the tna of 2004 that was on FSN, or the weekly ppv's before that...tna fell off bad...i never make a point to watch it...
    test
  8. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

TNA on FSN was the worst, I couldn't even bear to watch it then..

But yeah ECW sucks, The Weather Channel has more entertaining program. My disapointment with TNA is that they really arent using Raven and Serotonin. Also Sabin has the X Division title again and wearing diapers

I Still prefer Impact to Raw though. I'm just sick of Cena & HBK overcoming the odds
    test
  9. abztrakt

Yeah, I think WWE's biggest problem is that they never have any buildup for the faces going over, they just go over in pretty much every situation. There's no suspense or anything because you always know who's going to win in the end. So if you skip a show, you're not missing anything that won't happen again next week. They have potentially great heels in Umaga, Edge, Orton, Nitro and Kenny, but when they lose every week, the fans aren't going to buy them as threats to Cena, HBK, Jeff Hardy, etc. With a Russo Impact, if you miss a show you'll actually miss something, it just probably won't make any sense.
    test
  10. Al Murder U

Al Murder U Lyrically...

fsn was better imo as far as action and diversity in superstars.
    test
  11. ChopStick

You keep saying you dont like stuff , and arent really giving a reason. The WWE has no midcard.. it's weak. Its essentially Nitro vs Hardy. Same with the womens division, it's Mickie James vs Melina

TNA's X Division is exciting.. not only is it exciting, but they have lots of talent.. unlike the wwe where its the same 2-3 people in a division.

TNA has the element of surprise.. you never know who may show up.. when does the wwe do that anymore? NEVER. A casual fan can predict WWE almost perfectly.
    test
  12. abztrakt

Putting four or five guys in a match with the same one or two guys winning every week isn't a division. I can't remember the last time Dutt or Lethal wrestled on TV or PPV. Shelley, Starr and Senshi have been in a couple of clusterfuck multi-man matches, but those were really just to further the Sabin/Lynn angle. WWE's midcard is Hardy, Nitro, Carlito, Kenny, Flair, Masters, Super Crazy, and Khali. Khali and Masters might not be so great, but that's still a decent midcard with some good variety. What's TNA's midcard? Five X-Division guys fighting in a meaningless match, Bobby Roode yelling at Ms. Brooks, James Storm being drunk and jokes about Eric Young having a little dick? Yeah, that's a much better show. Although I'll admit that I actually like Storm's character. TNA has the potential for a better midcard than WWE has, but they're wasting it. It's not just what they're not doing, but what they are doing as well, so it's not just that they "don't have enough time" because Impact is only one hour. They had the chance to get all those guys in the PCS over because the fans could actually care about them because they suddenly had personalities, but since it was over they've just gone back to wasting them in throwaway matches.
    Smackdown is really nothing BUT a midcard, other than Batista and Undertaker right now, since they've pretty much pushed Booker back in to the midcard and they don't seem too serious about pushing Kennedy, even though he actually has a shot at being a star right now. It's still a pretty good show though.
    Oh yeah, and the WWE's women's division is weak, but that doesn't bother me at all. Like how they've "ruined" ECW. I just don't care. Although you did forget about Victoria as part of the women's division. And Maria is actually great in the role of the sympathetic face that Victoria and Melina can beat the shit out of. Fuck Candice though, she's worthless.
    test
  13. abztrakt

Being unpredictable isn't everything. TNA makes WWE's continuity seem almost believable. Constant swerves didn't work for WCW in 2000 and it won't work now. Besides, when was the last time there was a big surprise of someone "showing up" on Impact? The "advisor" angle with Christian and Angle? Yeah, that was a shocker with the "hints" and Tomko's goatee the two weeks before. TNA just seems like it's never going anywhere and with enough swerves everything will end up exactly where it was before.
    test
  14. tna put on a good show last night.. apparently abyss shot his father and went to prison.. lol
    test
  15. ChopStick

Regardless if they win or lose, its still good. We all know Cena is always going to win, but we still watch.

I love the X division matches.. you never know who's coming out, and they have so much depth for that roster.

Once AJ and Danniels get back in the X division, watch out!
    test
  16. abztrakt

They only have a few guys in the X-Division. It's not that deep. Plus, always putting 4-6 guys in a match means you're always seeing all of them, so it shows that the division isn't THAT deep, but there are too many of them in at a time, so you don't get the chance to really care about any of them. It's good if you only care about seeing a bunch of spots, but it's not really good for the company because no one gets over. It's ruining all the good things the PCS did for those guys.
    test
  17. ChopStick

Senshi

Austin star

Alex shelly

Sunjay dutt

Aj Stlyes

Chris Danniels

Jerry Lynn

Petey Williams

Elix Skipper

just a few off the top of my head.

what an incredible division it is.
    test
  18. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

more then that actually...Styles and Daniels are involved in the heavyweight division right now though I believe

but others include

Jay Lethal
    Frankie Kazarian
    Johnny Devine
    Matt Bentley

I do think they need to get the title on somebody new though like Shelley, Starr or Dutt
    test
  19. ChopStick

as good as the X division is, i still dont think its better than wcw's cruiserweight division.. just yet.
    test
  20. yeagh wcw made this devision.. ecw originated it but wcw made it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.