Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

ahh i see, the character was based off drizzt, well i can see that. Cuz RIddick is a fucking badass...

you need to check em out, they arent awesome glorious movies, but they are entertaining and great scifi
    test
  2. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Drizzt was born with that shit.

Plus, if it was too dark, he had faerie fire that would engulf whatever he wanted in a flame that wouldn't burn, only illuminate.

He would use it on people all the time because no one knew that it didn't burn so they'd freak the fuck out and he'd just sweep in and kill everything.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

drizzts mom was a bitch
    test
  4. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Yea I've heard a lot of people, who's opinions I respect on that matter, say the same exact thing.

But man, I know if I watch it I'm gonna be sitting there thinking, Maaannnn Drizzt wouldn't do that shit, Drizzt is way cooler, why the fuck didn't they just make a Drizzt movie?

I get stuck on things sometimes.
    test
  5. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Drizzt's whole family were a bunch of mother fuckers.

Nix that, his whole RACE were a bunch of mother fuckers.

Kids dying in training all the time n shit. It was like Sparta except even more heartless.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well thats why i fought the idea riddick was drizzt... cuz they shoulda just made a drizzt movie..

and id even have peter jackson direct that shit. He does fantasy like a champ
    test
  7. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Actually wait wasn't Drizzt's dad or training teacher a pretty good guy?

Or am I just thinking of the blind ranger that took him in when he left?

Fuck I gotta read this shit again.
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i cant remember man, i read those books over 15yrs ago

i lost so'journ on my second read of it cuz i left it a motel... so right now i only have the 2 books
    test
  9. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

No way.

There weren't many massive battles in Icewind Dale, most of the time it was just the companions vs. a small amount of enemies, many times one companion vs a single other enemy.

I don't think Peter Jackson's style would compliment that very much.

I also didn't really LOTR as a whole so take it for it's worth, but I even thought the character development in the movie was pretty poor.

From Cracked:
    I mean really, what a fucking idiotic thing to leave out a film fucking BURSTING with filler.

Anyways, I'd much rather see someone who has more of grasp on the subtleties of character development, since really that was what made the series so great. The characters were just so fucking full. You felt like you knew them. You felt like you could just as easily have been a part.

I really can't think of anyone right tbh, I'll be stuck on this one for a while.

Who would I have direct the Icewind Dale series...
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well how about the director from game of thrones?

i dunno man, i only picked jackson cuz hes the only one i can remember whos made a fantasy movie that was good as of late....
    test
  11. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I'd say Del Toro, but he'd make it too fantastical I feel like.

Can't have that shit be PG.

Wulfgar brought down a god damn cave while he was singing a battle hymn while he was being eating alive by a crazy demon creature thing god damn it, you can't pussify that shit.
    test
  12. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Yea really though that's why I'm so stuck, I guess it would HAVE to be Peter Jackson almost.

I mean the shit in LOTR was crazy but the way some of the shit in Icewind Dale is described... The Crystal Tower, The Spirit Soaring, I mean the fights had nearly every move articulated, it was crazy...

It would take a director of exceptional talent and creativity, that's for sure.

Maybe Darren Aronovsky, honestly, but I don't think he'd do a fantasy adventure film of that nature.
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah man the fights were described so intensly, the final fight with drizzt and artemis, and their other encounters, and that battle when they were against all them orcs and drizzts blades are just a whizzing around and orc parts are flying everywhere... wowo
    test
  14. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Worrddd man fuck it was all so crazy.

Catti-Brie had that bow with the arrow that always reappeared, Wulfgar had the warhammer Bruenor made for him, it was a THROWING WARHAMMER THAT ALWAYS RETURNED. Shit is CRAZY.

The fight in the cave will always be the one I remember most vividly, mainly because it's the only fight I remember the whole crew blatantly losing. Wulfgar died, Bruenor was never the same, I mean Wulfgar came back to life but he was never the same either, probably in part because his best friend was fucking his wife after he saved all their lives.

Yea like I said, still pissed about that.

But yea Drizzt and Artemis was some other level shit. I remember it being described as sounding like one constant clang because they were moving so fast.

I really don't even know how you could begin to make that shit as epic on film as it was in the book.

I really fucking don't.
    test
  15. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i would love to meet the man who could pull off the visual as well as i was made to imagine it in my head from the uncanny descriptive writing
    test
  16. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Seriously.

If you could capture the movie in my head as I read this book, you would have the greatest fantasy adventure of all time.
    test
  17. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Seeing as im trying to break into the film industry, Im going to do what i can to be the fx guy on any film ever made about the icewind dale trilogy or Drizzt Do-urden... or die trying

my first goals are the new starwars though
    test
  18. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I hope you succeed and tear that shit the fuck up.
    test
  19. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

im hyped cuz ill be graduating right around the time of the new starwars, and they are doing the post production here in vancouver for it. I would shit gold bricks if i ever got to work on a star wars man..
    test
  20. Geedorah

Geedorah King

How old are you busta?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.