RHEOTAXIS, SALVDOR reviewed on Gods of Music

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Hot Spitta, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hot Spitta

Hot Spitta New Member

http://www.godsofmusic.com/gom/reviews.php?action=detail&id=3698

I find this review funny of Sals track coz I thought cats liked his music...

ARTIST: PLATINUM P FT. RHEOTAXIS, SALVDOR, VENOM
    SONG: FLIGHT CANCELLED
    GENRE: HIP HOP / (C)RAP
    SIMILAR: N/A

[ "Google" this artist ] [ more by this artist ] [ more in this genre ] [ more by this reviewer ]

I've listened to this track straight through several times since I chose to review it, and I'm still asking myself one thing: what the fuck is this thing about? I guess on the surface it's a supposedly comedic dis, but I can't grasp why it needs to be six minutes pseudo rap. In that six minutes, this profanity-riddled track says nothing worth hearing, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm worse off for having heard it.

Technically speaking, this isn't a horrible track. The production is well done, and the background beat is well placed and tightly performed. And I guess you could say these guys know how to rap, though they haven't come across any information on what to say or how to say it. Dis tracks have been done to death, and this one is no different. Nothing new to hear here, folks.

Listen to this track only if you feel like wasting your time. "Flight Cancelled" is a rambling example of pointless rap lyricism that says nothing and earns no respect from me at all. If you do listen, don't expect much.

"Sometime when you're listening to a street musician, walk over in the middle of a song and whisper

/\ thats the review of sals track on this site...ouch
    test
  2. Dely

Dely In The Trap

test
  3. Hot Spitta

Hot Spitta New Member

yeah i was shocked I thought cats liked sals music and respected him alot...shows u I dont know shit...
    test
  4. Enginear1

Enginear1 Im Back

LOL ouchhhhhhh
    test
  5. Hot Spitta

Hot Spitta New Member

kinda funny how sal never talked about this review huh
    test
  6. Hot Spitta

Hot Spitta New Member

true but the funny thing is 3rd Inf got a higher rating then Sal and Rheo on that site ouch
    test
  7. Dee To Tha

Dee To Tha New Member

stop sayin ouch
    test
  8. illete

illete Timothy Sinatra

i aint heard of Plat. P since like 2001 on tha old lyrical warfare site..
    test
  9. SALVDOR

SALVDOR Delyreeuz Owns Me

wow are you a idiot

that review was from 2001

platinum p's song.... me and rheo only been rappin like 3 months lol

dumby

that song is HORRENDOUS
    test
  10. Dely

Dely In The Trap

lmao@6 minute song
    test
  11. illete

illete Timothy Sinatra

i told you i told you... hehehehehe..
    VROOOMMMM
    test
  12. 3rd Inf Soldier

3rd Inf Soldier Bellwingah, hey! Hey!

Why the ouch?

Alot of people enjoy our music..
    test
  13. SALVDOR

look @ tha date of review

12/17/2001

lol wutta idiot

and go look @ my other 2 songs i had reviewed of mine.. BOTH were over 8.5

here you go.. a review of my song from 2 years ago (almost 3)

"Forgotten"

http://www.godsofmusic.com/gom/reviews.php?action=detail&id=5758

Salvador’s “Forgotten” is an incredible song. I hate mainstream rap because all the sing about is F*cking b*tches and smoking weed. Now to some extent that’s ok and I got no problem with that kind of life style, but after a while it gets boring and almost degrading. But Salvador is able to really mess with your emotions with out any of that. Aided by an eerie guitar in the background and some kick ass poetry Salvador is unstoppable. This song is about being an outcast and being a nothing. “neva seen sunshine, it alwayz seems to rain/ count existence away as they hit ya window pan/.” I think a lot of people can relate to these lyrics at one point or another.

I would suggest this song to every one. As I said before, I don’t like mainstream rap, so even if you’re a rocker or whatever check this song out because you’ll probably like it. If you like rap you will love this song. It’s different, but very much the same at the same time. Salvador says his influences rage from Eric Clapton to Big Pun and you can tell.

Basically this song rocks check it out and enjoy!

Charisma: 9.00
    Technical Skill: 9.00
    Structure: 8.50
    Interest: 8.50
    Lyrics: 9.50
    Arrangement: 9.00
    Recording Quality: 9.00
    Long Term Appeal: 8.50
    OVERALL: 8.80
    test
  14. MagicFX

MagicFX Idle

I like 3rd's music.. alot..
    test
  15. SALVDOR

and actually i don't see wut tha point is compare'n me and 3rd inf

(im personally straight wit kaos)

but lol i didn't see tha point of this post.. specially consider'n all 3 songs reviewed that i wuz on.. are from over 3 years ago each

smh.. anyone will do something for attention
    test
  16. Hot Spitta

Hot Spitta New Member

lol ok buddy
    test
  17. SALVDOR

just pointing out you made a stupid post lol

i didn't judge u .. or said i didn't like u

it just kinda bugged me that u couldn't 'read' tha year lol plus tha song wuznt' a song.. it wuz a diss track lol (tha one review u posted)
    test
  18. 3rd Inf Soldier

3rd Inf Soldier Bellwingah, hey! Hey!

This track has heat! I can honestly say when I saw the song title I thought this was going to be a slow track and something maybe for the ladies. But once I heard the first note I knew I was dead wrong.

The song includes an uptempo club beat which is good for any emcee's inspiring to make it big in the game. The commerical value is there if these 3rd Infinity ever wanted to take this song to the big time.

The performance is flawless. The energy and confidence is what makes this track great. The lyrics are good too. I didn't find any lines that made me jump up and down but they still held it down regardless.

The sound quality of the song is good. I like the way they used their effects on their voices. They did it just to enhance their vocals and nothing more. I think alot of emcees over do it especially ones on the internet but 3rd Infinity used them perfectly.

In the end this track is a hot one and if promoted right will take them all way to the promise land! I hope to hear more from this group really soon.

Check Out My Song Alot Of Growin Up at www.mp3.com/Xabiton

Charisma: 9.00
    Technical Skill: 9.00
    Interest: 8.00
    Lyrics: 8.50
    Performance: 10.00
    Recording Quality: 8.00
    Long Term Appeal: 8.50
    OVERALL: 8.70
    What do these scores mean?

Let this review give The 3rd Infintry everything they deserve.

First, their song Spring Break 2003 Pt.1 is well produced. The various parts, vocal and musical are woven together smoothly so that the finished product is very professional sounding. The use of sound effects is sparse but effective.

Secondly, they have produced a fairly well crafted rap with verses and repeated chorus. In the manner of rap, the vocals flow in staccato rhymes that amaze and amuse the ear.

Thirdly, all instruments are performed in a manner that could best be described as tight. This is a cohesive band whose vision seems unified and which works together well.

Finally, they scandalously treat women as mere sexual objects and do so by cunning innuendo, ribald directness and thorough repetition.

To my way of thinking a song has three things music, words and a punch. In boxing, a low blow gets you disqualified and this band – on this song at least – aims consistently below the belt! To my ear, the punch is not its undeniable groove but its sordid treatment of women.

For this reason, while I will certainly give this band high marks for arrangement, performance and production – they will have the dubious honour of receiving my first zero. Not as an over-all mark, that would be exceedingly unfair. It will be in the long-term appeal category – for frankly, meaning no unkindness - this sort of abuse doesn’t appeal to me for one second.

- Cam (http://www.soundclick.com/camsevensong)
    (The reviewed song's URL is below the score.)

Charisma: 4.00
    Technical Skill: 8.00
    Interest: 4.00
    Lyrics: 5.00
    Performance: 8.00
    Arrangement: 7.00
    Recording Quality: 8.00
    Long Term Appeal: 0.00
    OVERALL: 5.50
    What do these scores mean?
    test
  19. SALVDOR

lol @ u editin that last post

"stop cryin.. i still like ya music" (or wuteva u said)

dont' worry daddy.. its all love... you still can get tha dip stick
    test
  20. LaWlEssMc

LaWlEssMc ......

^what u tryna prove homie
    who cares man..noone..do you..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.