Reverb!

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by DJX, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJX

DJX iTs GraVy BaBy

i jsut cant fuckin do it....

i can get a goood echo....but i still need a reverb to get that blended feel for the vocals...so they dont seem so seperate from the beat....

i got waves pllug-ins.....

anyone got any good presets? or another reverb plugin?

i keep gettin that TINNY treble kinda reverb....

someone HELP!

`
    test
  2. Krystile

Krystile New Member

dont use reverb... I laugh when I hear mp3s with cats using reverb, getting your vocals to blend with the beat is all done in eq
    test
  3. Mellow Madness

Mellow Madness aKa sTaTiK

test
  4. Fonikz

Fonikz ExcuseMeAsIKissTheSkyyy

Eq is what blends vocaaaaaaaaals like what Krystile put..
    test
  5. banetheterrible

banetheterrible New Member

lol you dont blend your vocals in the beat by eq'ing them, you blend them when you mix them down, and yes you do want reverb on your vocals, dry vocals sound like shit, and dont use presets for reverb cuz all the presets have way too much reverb, a good tip is to lower the reverb sound and gradually turn it up until you faintly hear the tinty sound.....sshhh dont tell anyone that cuz its a well kept industry secret......lol
    test
  6. Busta

Busta New Member

Ok like usual RM so many opinions get's dropped without any knowledge behind them....

Mixing down vocals to a beat won't change anything with the actuall sound.. it'll sound exactly like it was before you mixed it down however it will all be in one file.

About the reverb.. the industry does use reverb.. the difference is they know how to use it. Reverb on tiney vocals (i.e highs to high) sounds awful and you start to hear the room your recording in.

You need to get your vocals warm yet not muddy... this can be achieved quite easily with a condensor mic yet quite hard to acheive with dynamic mics.
    test
  7. Krystile

Krystile New Member

omg... im not even responding to this

and absense is right about making vocals sound warm but not muddy... and about condenser over dynamic, but that is all done with eq also... and little eq should be needed anyway if the emcee is experienced, you want to edit vocals as little as possible because the goal is to make them sound as good as possible while maintaining your original sound, if you know how too play the mic right and add charisma through a good delivery and well done adlibs then you'll sound tight already

the only reason why you feel the need for reverb is because you think the vocals are lacking something, and its experience
    test
  8. jaymz_101

jaymz_101 New Member

i just reverb my adlibs...

and mix the adlibs with the main vocals then eq the vocal track....
    test
  9. Da Youngsta

Da Youngsta New Member

thats a good tip i learn something new myself good looks ya
    test
  10. DJX

DJX iTs GraVy BaBy

i got a condensor...and a behringer board...

all im asking is for some reverb tips....

havnt gotten ANYTHING yet as to what people use.

thanks though

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.