Ressurection & Sacrifice?

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by snowy, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

[]

I always hear the "Jesus died for our sins" line.

But i've always wondered how much of a sacrifice was it. And if he died for our sins, then wouldn't being resurrected kind of make the act meaningless or just outright void it? Like he died, saw that nothing worthwhile came from it and was like fuck humans im leaving this fucked up planet and going home.
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Ok look. He came to earth so he can empathise with what we go through an was tested evrey way we are. During his trial of temptation he fasted 40/40 nights an it was hard. It got so hard to the point he actually sweat blood. But he had a misson an thank god he followed though or humanity would have no hope whatsoever..
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Christians believe that according to the New Testament, Jesus died for our sins. But many will fail to spell out the clear distinction between Christ's sacrifice on the cross and his death. The Resurrection does not make Christ's sacrifice meaningless, one reason being that it was not in Christ's death that atoned for the sins of those who believe in him but in the crucifixion itself. The atonement had been achieved before his death. As he said, while still on the cross, obviously with life in him at that point:

John 19:28-30 KJV
    (28) After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
    (29) Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.
    (30) When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Jesus did not have to die so that you might be saved. He might have died so that he could send the helper he promised us (as he said if he did not leave, it would not come), that is the Holy Spirit. For if he did not leave, the Holy Spirit would not come.

Muslims even actually don't believe that Jesus died, rather that became spirit and ascended into Heaven as a spirit. Christians believe that he both physically died and bodily resurrected and ascended that way, that will will return also in physical form. So I think that even the Muslim who, if they would have an open mind to it, would actually consider that Jesus were the Christ - they would definitely agree that it could not possibly be the death that saved us for they do not believe he died at all.

Consider this, if Christ's resurrection kills all hope or makes it meaningless, then what does that say about this life for you when Christ returns and resurrects all the dead who are in Christ also, and they are caught up by Him?
    test
  5. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I know that Muslims do believe in a Messiah or Christ figure that has not come yet. That's all I know concerning them and this idea of a Savior or Deliverer though. I forget the title that they give to him. I don't know what has been prophesied about him though, from that end. That's something I'm going to have to look into - so I'm posting this here as a reminder for myself. Maybe Nu'maaN will follow this up for me.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.