respected rappers,that are wack in your opinion.

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by sardo, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sardo

sardo THE ILLEST

you know,you wonder why this rapper gets all this love and respect when he's below par in your eyes.
    they have to have some kind of respect though,so no soulja boi or any of those fucks...

mine are:

prodigy
    keith murray
    noreaga
    cappadona
    sheek louch
    big shug (dont know if he gets respected though lol)

i dont know where these cats get their reps from,cus they're barely rappers as far as i'm concerned...

i'll update if i think of anybody else
    test
  2. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Prodigy, Keith and Nore all USED to be hot, but then they fell off... so most people nowadays do agree that they suck.

I never hear anybody sing praises about Cappadonna (not since '98 maybe), Big Shug or Sheek Louch... I like Sheek because of his voice and delivery... but lyrically, he's sub par... he's a nice "mood rapper," though.
    test
  3. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Oh as for my choice?

I gotta say Luda, man... I used to go back and forth with him, but his content is so horrible that he sucks... there's no other way to put it... yeah, he's fly on features and shit, but alone, dude is garbage... I used to dig his inflections, but now I don't... they're annoying and overused... it's like, just rap man... quit over-enunciating shit all the time when it's not necessary... and get some better and deeper topics... his wordplay is cutesy, but not all that clever... he's a huge fuckin' underachiever, which is why he sucks because he can be so much better.
    test
  4. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

L.L. Cool J
    test
  5. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Hmm...I don't think any "respected" rappers are wack to me, but it's a lot that I feel are overrated, and some that I just can't get into as much as everyone else. "Wack" is a strong word that I'll only give to people that suck at whatever they do...I wouldn't call Yung Joc or Ying Yang "wack" because they are dope at club and commercial music.

As for those that I feel are overrated or not as dope as people think, I'd say Prodigy, as mentioned. I love some of Mobb Deep's songs, but nothin about him ever stood out to me. He had a good presence on some tracks, but I don't see what made him so dope.
    test
  6. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

almost every rapper from the 80's
    test
  7. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

***Waits for Ignorant or someone to come educate***
    test
  8. fishyfishy

fishyfishy Active Member

is there really any point making a thread about what rappers we should hate on?

how about a thread naming rappers we should look out for, cause theres been barely anything even half decent released in the last 5 years.
    test
  9. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

test
  10. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

lupe fiasco
    test
  11. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Nah, I don't scream on kids no more... or at least, not as much as I used to.

Besides, Hot Shyt is like that with sports, too... especially basketball... except when it comes to R&B, he's surprisingly old school... but I hate blanket statements like the one he made... still, I won't argue... it's too tiresome.
    test
  12. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

Ghostface
    Eminem
    50 Cent
    Jay Z
    Noreaga
    Styles P
    Lil Wayne
    Lupe Fiasco
    test
  13. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Oh, I forgot about Lupe... I would add him, too.

Joe Budden is sometimey to me.
    test
  14. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

wow! I know everyone is entitled to IMO, but your so off base its not even funny. I could understand people saying, "luda just aint my style"; but to say he sucks is just like your username, ignorant. Luda will easily go down as one of the 10 best of his generation.
    test
  15. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I'm never off base, son.

I can say Luda sucks because that's my opinion... but I gave a good reason for why I feel the way that I do.

Too often, artists get deified due to reputation... I look at the total performances.
    test
  16. BLOODraven

BLOODraven New Member

test
  17. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN Guest

^^RESPECTED rappers
    test
  18. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

lol

stupid faggot

anyone that says Lupe is an idiot.
    test
  19. jaykay

jaykay New Member

DMX
    Jadakiss
    Prodigy (solo), as mentioned
    tempted to say Nas...
    test
  20. jaykay

jaykay New Member

I probably woulda said the same thing if I hadn't just heard his new album. In my opinion he finally made that "very good" album. You heard it yet?

Plus his flow is just.. amazing. Yeah his content may be a little repetitive at times but I just can't get past that delivery.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.