Research Study on NDE's

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Sep 28, 2013.

1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

by JENNY HOPE, Daily Mail

Doctors claim to have found the first scientific evidence thatpatientshave experiences ofanafterlife whentheyare clinically dead.

One in ten heart attack patients experienced emotions, visionsand lucidthoughts whentheyhad beenunconscious with no pulse and no breathing activity, say the researchers.

The study is believed to be the first to ensure thatthe patientswhoreported a near-deathexperience(NDE) were clinically dead before being resuscitated.

The findings also contradict the notion that lack of oxygen is responsible for NDEs.Thosewhohad the mostcompelling experiences had the best reserves of oxygen. Debate has ragedfor morethana century

over whether the sense of entering another world, feelings of peace and a light at the end of a tunnel are evidence of an afterlife, or simply hallucinations.

The latest study, by SouthamptonUniversityresearchers,suggests the mindmaycontinuetoexistafter the brain has ceased to function and the body is clinically dead.

The research team studied 63 survivors of a cardiacarrestwho were resuscitated at Southampton General Hospital after they had been clinically dead with no pulse, no respiration and fixed dilated pupils. Independent studies have confirmed that the brain ceases to function at that time.

But seven out of the 63 survivors recalled emotions and visionsduring their unconsciousness,saysa reportinthe journal Resuscitation. Four patients (six per cent) met the strictcriteria usedtodiagnoseNDEs.

They recalled feelings of peace and joy, of time speeding up, heightenedsenses,lost awarenessofbody,seeinga bright light, entering another world, encountering a mystical being or deceased relative and coming to a point of no return.

Dr Sam Parnia, a university clinical research fellow and co-author of the study,saidaccounts ofNDEs have beenfoundin manydifferent cultures but there is often a problem in confirming the people involved were actually near death.

The patients involved in the new study had all stopped breathingand had noheartbeat before makinga recoveryand being questioned about what they remembered.

It has been suggested that the experiences are hallucinations,the resultofdisturbedbrain chemistrycausedby medication, lack of oxygen or changes in carbon dioxide levels.

But Dr Parnia said there was no difference in oxygen levels or drug treatment between the heart attack survivors who had not had NDEs and those who had.

'In fact, the four patients who met the criteria for a true NDE actuallyhad higher oxygen levels,' he added.

He said the recollections were not like hallucinations because theywere 'highlystructured, narrative, easily recalled and clear'.

He added: 'During cardiac arrest, brainstem activity is rapidly lost. It should not be possible to sustain such lucid processes or allow the formation of lasting memories.

'We need a large definitive study to tell us whether the mind is produced by the brain or whether it is a separate entity. If our results are replicated, it would imply that the mind may continueto exist after the deathofthe body,or an afterlife.'

Dr Parnia is one of four trustees of the Horizon Research Foundation,a charitywhichaims toraisemoneyfor more research into the study of the humanmind at the end of life.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... z2gEE44JXE Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    test
  2. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

There is nothing spiritual implied here.

I also have had these experiences on a number of occasions. I can tell you one thing though, they are not easily remembered and it's primarily due to the frequency I've had near-death experiences that I remember so much.

It's DMT. A naturally occurring drug that the body releases when it knows it's about to die. It's very much a hallucinatory chemical and it makes you feel soooo good. But nothing makes much sense, yet you never want to leave. I want to go back to those worlds so bad, that real life just doesn't cut it for me sometimes. Most of the time.
    test
  3. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

apparently the point is that you can't really account for it by normal brain functions if the brain is no longer functioning at the time, which it mentions in the article that the patients in question did reach that point. the one thing i don't get is how do they know when the patient's experience happened. seeing that they weren't conscious it seems it would be impossible for the patient to say whether the experience happened when they were dead or before or after that point in time.

it's definitely got my interest. we'll have to see what comes of it.
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Why is it formatted like Captain Kirk is reading it?
    test
  5. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

another study done on the subject with lab rats:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/08/13/near-death-experiences-explained-_n_3747673.html
    test
  6. TheBigPayback

Cus i copy pasted from my phone which the new rm site format has hardly done a thing to help
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

test
  8. TheBigPayback

U can get dmt on the street Ive heard all types of stories
    test
  9. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

I highly suggest it.
    test