Repeated Words

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Deficiency, Aug 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deficiency

Deficiency True Poetical Emcee

hey, I've been having a problem with this for a long time.. like, whenever I sit down to write.. sometimes I feel like.. I'm just writing the same damn poem again.. like, when I make a keystyle I always ending up using some of the same words.. and stuff. It makes me frustrated.. because, sometimes I Feel like i'm just running into brick walls.. not getting anywhere.. I mean, I know I've made huge progress as a writer.. in just under 4 years as one.. does anyone else feel this way?
    test
  2. VersatileSidra

VersatileSidra Rest In Peace

Yeah, I do. It feels like I can't come up with any new, fresh ideas. Maybe it's because I'm still stuck in the same rut and situations that I'm using to draw my inspiration from. If my life progresses, so do my ideas.

Have you ever tried using a thesaurus to find different ways to say things? That helps me some.
    test
  3. ClydeSmiley

ClydeSmiley educate yourself

make up a word

one of my favourites was "capunism"
    test
  4. Royal Sovereign

Royal Sovereign New Member

Yeh this used to get the best of me. I always that i was writing the same thing. I used write freestyles before i got into poetry and it was like in every freestyle it was the same thing, same content, style & message. But I just progressed, i learned for express my emotions through deepewr thought.
    test
  5. VersatileSidra

VersatileSidra Rest In Peace

So did I. Although, I didn't freestyle. But the content I write about continues to grow and I continue to grow.
    test
  6. Optical MusiQ

Optical MusiQ Let Tha Revolution Begin!

I find just writing out of ur normal routine or enviroment or even simple as a old song can give u what u need 2 write poetry but 4 me I use a woman taking a bath 4 my inspiration
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.