Reninder: Ken Ham v. Bill Nye Debate live 7pm

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Feb 4, 2014.

1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

I agree i dont think science and God are at odds. and eventially as we learn more if he exists something will prove this. Like i said earlier hams biggest problem was brining HIS young earth thing into it. Which seemed to put science and God at odds.
    test
  2. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

not really the same thing bill nye was talking about. he gave an example of a very specific fossil in a specific location that was predicted by evolution and later found. he was saying you can't use creationism to make the same kind of predictions and if those examples are the best you can come up with then he was right.
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Well are we talking about creation or we talking about the flood. if its the flood it would make other predictions such as finding aquatic animal fossils on top of mountains, which have been found Everywhere.
    test
  4. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

that's still not the same thing. first, you didn't make the prediction first and then find the fossils. you already knew about the fossils and then came up with a prediction for them retroactively. second, aquatic fossils on mountains are already accounted for by mainstream geology. so it's not even a phenomenon that is uniquely explained by the flood.
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah i dont think bill nye would just say that without having already before listened someone try to prove him wrong and fail, he knew ham couldnt have provided examples of that if hed have wanted.

and cmon, hamster didnt because he couldnt hes much smarter than you and I and even he couldnt. So i dont know if youll be able to provide it
    test
  6. jay bee2

jay bee2 New Member

After ham said nothing could ever change his mind, he had already lost the debate. The whole point of a debate or discussion to attempt to influence and/or educate on a point of view.
    test