Remember When...?

Discussion in 'Emcee Hookups' started by Quriosity, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

Ha, i was on regular ass aol when i joined too. we had a shitty computer that could barely handle the net, i unplugged the hall phone to use the free aol disks they handed out at big bear an shit an would have enough to never have to pay. i had to change my username every month, but it was free.

lol i think a few of the siggys on my old computer are DBD sigs, an i got a file with my old aim names an like seven different passwords i had to try for every aim name to sign in lol, an i got another folder with everyones old aim names for when i made a new aim alias lmao, man we were retarded
    test
  2. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

an i remember the post frenzy, you remember the signiture forum? or freepost alley as i like to call it, people would just post over an over an over an over sig check sig test one two one two lmao post was such a big deal, VERB had like.... 100,000 lmao i was so frantic to try to get to 10k, by the time i actually got there, made my 10k thread, i had people comin in wit like 20 30 an up sayin, yea.... 10s not really that big of a deal anymore around here homie lmao
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i was in that crew, if i'm not mistaken.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

took me a minute too. the next 10,000 came and went though. maybe because i wasn't counting. but that first 10k was important.
    test
  5. Orange407County

Orange407County Well-Known Member

Lol for real post count was crucial. I remember sco Babbage also

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    test
  6. Baron Mynd

Baron Mynd Swaggersaurus Rex

He was around way back when I was a noob, before I even started posting at RM, I used to use my buddies old MC Greg Braid E account in the RSTL/RBL before I made this one in 2003.
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

What's good, Baron?
    test
  8. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Rosco - That's a name you don't see/hear anymore.

Remember Fracture when he owned both RBL and RSTL? Peril Eyez and Fracture were the best RSTL heads here? Then Peril became MOD of RSTL, closed down all the threads when the verses were due? Hahahahhaa
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Fracture doesn't qualify for a remember when. He was here last I was. And I wouldn't dub those two the best RSTL heads, but maybe I missed that era. We've had so many talented writers here.
    test
  10. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Peril? No? he beat IV< IT, Jowelz, Frac, MacFlow/Awedishin, Vern - All TOP heads. I still can't get over that verse he wrote from the soldier's perspective which turned out to be him as the Nazi soldier who hated the cause he was fighting for. His written word was godly. Peril did things with topics that no one could ever do. Not only his storylines, but his flow, demeanor on paper, use of multies, vocabulary - he had it all when it came to topical writing.

Vern is another favorite - I want to get his book when he gets it published.
    test
  11. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

I got one. When Shock aka solution! wrote that parody diss to "Stan" by Eminem? Who did he write that for? That was probably the best diss track in the history of RM Text.
    test
  12. Orange407County

man theres far too many memories, i used to get out of school, and check RM, go play ball at the park, and come back and check RM and remain on RM till i went to sleep, and summers were a lot more RM dedicate then should of been by normal young man lol. but to be honest, this web site and rap in general kept me in the house more, and out of trouble for a while. I literally loved spending time on here from like 01-03. I agree with Q, im suprised there wasn a second wave of young people to come get this shit poppin. But guess its farelly cheap to get a lil audio setup and rap or whatever, so text is kind of dead or for whoever maintained interest over the years. I for one am not ashamed of it, i literally learned how to rap here. And really did love/hate some of the peronalities here.
    test
  13. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

I used to spend countless hours on this site, man.. I loved it. Learned how to rap from here. Well, write anyways. Never got HUGE into the audio thing. Myself and krisp worked on an album a while back, but I quit in the middle once I got my job and house out here in CT. I used to stay on this site until 4 in the morning, go to sleep, wake up at like 11, and I'd be on it for another full day during the summer. Didn't have smart phones when I was in school, otherwise I would have been on it during class. Lol. Site was addicting back then. Even now.. Between sports and world news, hip hop news, new cars coming out - I can get it all right here, and beef with someone to make the time pass. Lol.
    test
  14. Orange407County

i feel u weezy babbyyyy
    test
  15. Baron Mynd

I haven't really been around that much, joined up for the Don't Flop rap league, did a few battles for themselves, one for the Got Beef? australian league, now I hold my own events/league in Wolves called Barmageddon. We've held three, already putting together our fourth, you can check out my terrible hosting skills at: youtube.com/BarmageddonBattles haha!
    test
  16. L. Kross

L. Kross His Highness

Lol, I remember when you couldnt have the last post on a thread, EVER. no matter what you said, two seconds later someone comes in an posts.

I used to wait til like 2:30 3 oclock an come in the hookups to reply to EVERY thread while people were asleep, they come back an see my name on the last post for the whole first page lol
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

no argument, too many talented writers to name a favorite. i've beaten many of the TOP heads too, and they've beaten many names, and they've beaten many names, etc.
    test
  18. Master Peace

Master Peace coolest nigga yo mama kno

Man I remember in the 8th grade i came here thinking I was the shit and Phenom and 6ft destroyed me. I really had no understanding on the art of Text Battle...lol....
    test
  19. Baron Mynd

Does Xx_NASTY_xX still post here?
    test
  20. Master Peace

Master Peace coolest nigga yo mama kno

Im sure he does somewhere.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.